Thread: SAT-T60 questions

SAT-T60 questions

Hello all, it's been awhile. I have 2 T60's that died in a recent lightning storm. I assumed that the drives are ok and only the MB or power supply were damaged. I have xtreme and xplus z on both with scrambling turned off. I thought I could just buy a new box, transfer the drives, run 51killer.tcl, and all would be well. The new box sticks on the welcome screen, it has software version 3.1 on it and has never even had the cover off until I changed drives. I read somewhere that if my old drives were hacked I need to "flash" the bootparm or something to that effect before it will boot up. Is this correct and if so, what is the easiest way to do that? Will 25xtreme load on a box that already has 3.1 on it? Will xplusz do the same thing without going the xtreme route? Thanks in advance.

You will need to flash the EEPROM in order for it to work with the Xtremed hard drive. One way to do this would be to use the Turbonet install CD or simply install 2.5Xtreme on a different drive and let it flash the EEPROM for you. When it's done, swap the drives and run the 51killer.tcl script or do a Clear & Delete Everything to get rid of the error 51 message.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks, I thought that was the problem. Just hoping for a simple way to do it.