Lost on this part
Okay, so after the last upgrade, I was up and running with a stock 6.2 system. I downloaded the ptvlba48 extended disk as to get the stock 3.1.5 image, to which I applied killhdinitrd and dd'd it back to the right areas.
Now, when I did the original upgrade (from 3.1.1c to 6.2), I was able to get the backported usb drivers for my netgear FA120 to work just fine. However, since working on the new killhdinitrd'd kernel, I lose all connectivity to the tivo itself. I did copy over new modules to /lib/modules from the 2.4.20_Series2 and 2.4.20 directories, so I know that's not a problem (in theory ).
The only other thing I question is that I noticed that many people mention that they had to rename their /etc/netfilter-enable and/or /sbin/dhclient. I have neither of those files, and wonder if I should touch them and more or less make them executables with nothing inside (short of an exit 0 or somesuch).
I don't have a null-modem cable, although I guess I'm off to RS tomorrow to get the parts to make one. Once that's done, if anyone wants the logfiles, I'll be happy to post them..
Thanks to any in advance
Oh, I forgot to mention the odd part here. I cannot ping the tivo whatsoever.. BUT, both the ethernet light and the activity light are on the FA120, just as if the module was loaded properly. I'm stumped!
Last edited by Driador; 08-21-2005 at 06:28 AM.