Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DirecTv's amateur Installers of DirecTech

I have moved 4 times. only one time has the install gone GREAT!
    (the guy did not speak english very well)
    The rest of the time it SUCKED!

that one hit!!!

A customer should have a good install. One that last more than a year. There is nothing I like more then getting that point to them. Time will tell. The cream will rise to the top Mr. D. With or without you!!! Sweeping it under the rug all the time will leave a big lump. Sooner or later someones gonna look. A customer should feel good about his/her installation not feeling raped or sodomized! Wake up!

there is hope

There is hope and it's in Dan the man. Mr. P. A true man of destiny. The inspiration of the true tech. The spirit of progression. Ladies and germs, the one that see's through men. The one that will not turn a blind eye. Yes, Dan the terrible... There is thunder in his foot steps. As he walks the crowd parts the way. Will he keep his face from us? Will he hide for long? God is with him! A man of action. The prince of the revolution. If one bell should ring celebration for a king. So fast the heart should beat. As proud the head with heavy feet.

Up the voltage.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Angry Direct Tech SW- 6 Scheduled installations still no DTV

I have scheduled with this company 6 times and I am waiting on a call today for my 7th installation appointment. This company is not reliable or competent, you have to wait on hold for over a half hour to speak to a representative. I was told to go to Dish TV if that is what I wanted, hello where is the customer service. They spoiled my Thanksgiving dinner with family (because the men had to watch fuzzy football games), I have wasted over 2 hours in cell phone minutes arguing with this company and their rude and ignorant staff. I have never had issues like this before with an installation company.

I have had a tech lie to me, I have had a tech come out to my home 3 times without a ladder and for him to show me the work order that showed he needed the damn ladder!!!! I had a tech come to my home and then leave without telling my sitter who was at home upstairs with my 2 kids, she comes downstairs and the front and back door is wide open!!!!!!!! When I called DirectTech they said "Well why couldn't the sitter shut the door", the point is your techs should have announced they were leaving and why?? I should not have to call you to find out why you left. I am reporting them to Direct tv and to the BBB, I am going to make sure Direct tv is aware of this site as well.

My upgrade went great-Clearwater FL

Back about a year ago, when I upgraded to the HR10-250, I had the wiring done, but needed the new dish (long ladder needed). I also added a plain receiver in another room.

Two installers came in the time slotted, installed and aimed the dish, prepared several short coax cables - free - to hook up the receivers, AND programmed the remotes to control my other devices. I did not know they were doing that until they were finished

The only delay was the long initial loading time for the HR10-250, so they could activate it.

I would say it went great! Needless to say, they deserved the tip they received.

I just joined the site and saw your forum on the installers. Been in the industry for 20 years. Pretty much have seen it all. Then I ran across a blog this week, pictures of the ratted out vehicle, and the customer was still trying to get their DTV system installed. Most of the "training" offered is a week at best then the probee's go out on their own. Damage claims just waiting to happen.

Well, I'm now doing the billing advocate for the contractors I brought on board when I was with the corporate office for one of the mainstream dealers and contractors for DTV. Been charging back the corporate office ever since and the guys have been happy.
    Mishelle Wendel/Technician's Advocate

Has anyone out there been charged back excessively for non responders? You can cut that down by having the techs ask for a signal or ping to be sent to the ird's before they close the job. It's worked pretty well for my techs.
    Mishelle Wendel/Technician's Advocate

Directech the robbers

I worked for these guys they never have the equipment needed for the jobs. They go behind you and make up bs about the job and take all of your money away and they wonder why they have such a high turnover rate. Im filing a lawsuit against these frauds somebody needs too.

My husband works for directech sw and gives his all in this company and does get screwed by the company and other installers who don't do the install right. All directech sw is worried about is getting alot done, so they have crappy workers who go install the system and get paid a decent salary and then my husband gets 15.00 for cleaning up a mess that they got paid 75 for. It really sucks, he is missing his family and takes hours and hours of trying to save directv's reputation. He gets a lot of compliments from customers and his supervisor but the company doesnt show him any gratitude. He has spent several years of his life there and at first loved it, now all he can see is how awful they are to their employees. And that is why they cant keep techs, they arent good to the one's who are good to them. Plus they make them lie about overtime, if they actually paid my husband for the time is out, we would be doing great. I think that is pretty sorry. I've even been mad at him before for going out of his way for the company, now I do not blame him for the wonderful customer service he knows his customers deserve. And we pay the cell phone they dont even provide it. Close out keeps you on the phone for an hour sometimes. That's ridiculous! I guess my point is until the company gets better they arent gonna keep anyone worth anything, cause they only have to be there a couple of weeks to figure out, they could care less about your time and your money. So all the techs start taking shortcuts, think about it the only way they can make more money is to do more jobs. My husband's check is always less than the others cause he does what he is supposed to do. But get someone in there that does things fast, who cares if they are right, then they are gonna get all the good paying jobs. I hope they get it together or my husband wont stay either. He only has one day off and he leaves eary everyday and gets home late all the time, sometimes the kids are already asleep, it's just getting old and we miss him!

Directvwife
    Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    We're not ranting about our doctors or sanitation workers or bosses because this forum has nothing to do with those things.

Oh, and a tip...you might consider, y'know, being coherent. Less exclamation points, more proper spelling/grammar. And make sure you have a consistent point: are there really few or no problems with the installers, or are the problems but it's DirecTV's fault?

My personal experience: on the whole, the installers have been OK. Not great; I generally have to watch them, and once or twice I had to explain a couple things to them. But that's nothing compared to the people Comcast used to send out, who, generally speaking, did not appear to have the IQ of a common house plant. (Comcast out here used to be AT&T Broadband, which used to be TCI, and TCI had a long history of hiring day laborers to do cable installs.)
    Last edited by directwife; 10-21-2008 at 05:45 PM.

27 OK dman8168 listen up and the rest of you!

Originally Posted by dman8168
    ok dammit enough with the directv installers bashing as i am one !!!

As you can see by my user name I am a SBCA certified Installer and work with DirectechSW in Houston and I am telling you that if anything that goes on in this HSP as it probably does in others then every thread here has merit.

I have gone through a rushed 4 week training program and rolled out on hourly pay until I went job based pay. If I start with three installs and two service calls and have the potential to make 260 dollars in one day and cannot do the installs because the HSP cannot provide equipment then how am I suppose to make a living. It is good money if the HSP can provide you with equipment.

Granted this may be site specific for the Site Manager Morgan Donaho and the Training Manager Royce Griffin are witless in figuring out how to fix their problem. Techs are rushed through and taught how to do things in training then sent out with a less than professional tech while in training. "GO AHEAD DMAN8168, DISPUTE THAT" leaving a fresh tech confused and improperly trained.

Then I see on average 7 to 12 techs waiting around from 7:30 till 10am waiting for equipment that they do not get all of. So now we blew off all the am's for these techs and cannot fulfill orders for the pms. HOw is that fair to a customer who has been waiting weeks for an improperly trained tech with insufficient equipment to come to their house and do absolutely nothing for them except let them know they have to wait some more for service.

It is not DirecTV it is the HSP's who abuse their contracts with DirecTV. I am sure this is not the only warehouse in an HSP that is screwed up because the demand to go DTV by February caught them short. Not to mention Hurricane Ike put us way behind here.

So stop beaching at the threaders here and go to your Holding company and let them know of any violations in the workplace or improper installations and inappropriate actions within your company. But then you must really need your job more than I do. I contacted DirectechSW and they wish not to respond to my concerns. So now I had to diligently try and find some number to call El Segundo California to get to DirecTV Global to voice what I actually see, experience and know about how HSP's are screwing valued and PAYING DirecTV customers to whom we all install for. Or did you loose site of the purpose and not the paycheck.

From an actual installer, Robert A. Simon in Houston, and not afraid to Say it.
    DirectechSW atleast Houston South is really screwed up and I'm sure you cannot blame a customer waiting for equipment to have an install or an illiterate tech who does not know how to troubleshoot, install or give proper customer service. Get a life 9 year tech.

looking for anyone in the houston area with problems as customers or techs. email me at directvtech22363@gmail.com for I will, with your permission, forward your concerns and complaints to the top as I make professionalism the standard with all HSP's who slight their contracts and fail to serve their areas and customers and technicians.
    This must stop now.
    Thanks all.

As with all professions and jobs, there are lazy no good slacker employees that do as little as possible to accomplish their own set of goals. DirecTV is monitoring these contractors and are fixing to take full action to solve the problems customers are reporting. You can always call 1-800-DirecTV to voice any concerns and even there it may take more than one call or person to come to an agreement that both of you can agree to. I must also add that there are people out there that cannot be satisfied no matter what you do, and I do NOT let anyone tell me where to put a dish. I ask them what their preferences are as to where they'd like it but I choose where the best place to put it. To whoever said to give a 4 degree cushion while installing it, no, actually that should be 10 degrees. I will not go into lengthy stories of horror customers but believe me there are customers out there who would benefit everyone by keeping their mouths shut and just let ya do your job. Seriously, if you know so much about installing it, then do it yourself so you do not put yourself under a renewed contract.

Hello guys, just wanted to tell you there are still quality DirecTV Installers out there. I work at Commercial Satellite in San Diego and we make sure every directv for business installation is done right. In the case something doesn't turn out as expected we always go back and fix it. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences...

You can check us out at http://www.comsatsd.com/dtv_index.html

You will be screwed by them just like every other contractor and/or installer. They don't care about their employees and that is the problem. They have crooked people working for them and for you to stand up for them means you are one of them or you just started. But no matter who you are - you WILL get screwed. That is their way and they have done it for years.