Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HMO on a HD TiVo HR10-250 (FAQ?)

HMO on a HD TiVo HR10-250 (FAQ?)

Sorry for posting this simple question -- is it possible to hack a HR10-250 to get HMO on there? I searched for an answer (briefly), but I could not find a conclusive post.

I have a couple of S2 DTiVo2 that I have upgraded to HMO, and I am buying a HR10-250. Will my HR10-250 be able to talk to my other TiVos (or will it be lonely)?

I am sure that this has been discussed at length. Again, sorry for posting what must be a FAQ.

Help appreciated.

The OS on the HD TiVo is 3.1.5, which does not support HMO. No newer OS will work completely on the HD TiVo at this time I don't think, so you'd be out of luck.

Bummer.

I guess this is fundamentally because there is not an SA HD-TiVO with HMO operating system to start from that understands HD and the four tuners?

Well, that make sense.

Is there any real hope for HMO from DirecTV ever? I would happily pay for it.

HD content on SD Tivo?

Has anyone ever uploaded a HD .ty file to a non-HD Tivo using MFS_Tools? If so, what happened? I assume it didn't play, but did it crash? Interesting to think about if they ever do release 6.x on the HDTivos.

I think you mean mfs_ftp. A non-HDTivo will probably choke on a HD ty file as the hardware will not support the HD content.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkdiff
    The OS on the HD TiVo is 3.1.5, which does not support HMO. No newer OS will work completely on the HD TiVo at this time I don't think, so you'd be out of luck.
    [EDITED] Due to tiredness and stupidity...

Thx, PB.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 09-03-2005 at 01:27 AM.
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

Quote Originally Posted by NutKase
    While I'm not sure what TiVo OS the HD TiVo is running...

3.1.5 is the KERNEL version.

5.x or 6.x should be the Operating System (OS) (...and can be found by looking at the TiVo system information screen.)

NutKase
    Ahhh - no. The kernel version is 2.4.20. If you want to hack it, you use the 2.4.20 kernel from software version 3.1.5. The current software version for the HR10-250 is 3.1.5f.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    Ahhh - no. The kernel version is 2.4.20. If you want to hack it, you use the 2.4.20 kernel from software version 3.1.5. The current software version for the HR10-250 is 3.1.5f.

PlainBill
    WOW! I knew that... that just goes to show you that you shouldn't 'tivo hack' after almost getting your 4-wheeler stuck in a wild [state omitted] river, while fishing for coho (silver) salmon with your father-in-law of 20years, and your two children < 12 yrs old!

Sorry.

And I 'know' you'll always correct me if I'm wrong so thanks.

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

This was a question I had as well, and pretty much figured out that it was a no-go.

However, just wondering if anyone is even looking into trying to hack HMO into the older OS.

I'm not holding my breath, just curious.

Ozy

There is a thread on this in the support forum. IIRC, the conclusion was that it doesn't look promising. The hardware differences between standard definition and high definition receivers cause problems.

PlainBill

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Found it, thanks for the tip.

Guess I'll have to wait for some brave and clever soul with way too much time on their hands.

Ozy

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy666
    Found it, thanks for the tip.

Guess I'll have to wait for some brave and clever soul with way too much time on their hands.

Ozy
    Or you could get off your duff and do it yourself.

PlainBill

You can extract from HR10-250 right?

I assume you can re-insert recordings right?

So, are the recordings of say, a standard Definition program such as Big Brother, IDENTICAL between a HR10-250 and a HDVR2?

I have not opened my HR10-250 as I dont want to break the warranty till it has a "burn in period".

So Basically what I am saying, are the recordings identical? Can you re-insert a recording from a HDVR2 into a HR10-250?

Dang, now I want tro crack it open cause I like finding answers, not asking for them...........
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    Or you could get off your duff and do it yourself.

PlainBill
    Out of "brave", "clever enough", and "too much time on his hands", I'm afraid I only qualify for the first.

Ozy

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy666
    Out of "brave", "clever enough", and "too much time on his hands", I'm afraid I only qualify for the first.

Ozy
    "Clever" only requires you spend some time learning. "Adequate time" is relative. Lot's of us no longer bother to watch tv; hacking TiVo is much more entertaining.

PlainBill