Thread: DTivo and tytools

DTivo and tytools

I've tried several different tserver & NowShowing.tcl files and finally got the right combination of them on my DR7000, and I can now extract .ty files to my PC, but I can't convert these files. I recieve the following error:

Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
    Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

DiffTime = 0.020000 (20) == 0.000333 Minutes

total = 1310720 (1 MB)

Is there an encryption problem or what?
    I have read threads till my eyes burned.

You are probably still encrypted

You are definitely still encrypted.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

What do I need to disable encryption, and when I do this will it affect any alredy recorded video?

Start here.

PlainBill
    Last edited by PlainBill; 09-21-2005 at 11:28 PM.
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Thanks Guys,

I had found NutKase's Superpatch, but wasn't sure that was what I needed. I had already downloaded it, but had not installed it. I thought it was for HMO and not unscrambling. That took care of my problem. I appreciate all of your help PlainBill, captain video, and fixn278. You guys pointed me in the right direction. I promise I had researched it, but I wasn't sure unscrambling was my answer. I'll see you around the forum and I'll try to do my research before posting.