Thread: looking 4 MFS FTP transfer tools for linux

looking 4 MFS FTP transfer tools for linux

I have a windows box and uploading/downloading shows works fine. But I also have a linux box running fedora core 3 that I use as my file store for the house. I would like to do the transfers from that machine but the standard ftp and gFTP both fail.
    I tried the standard ftp with the fsid numbers running ascii and binary. I used gFTP both ascii and binary modes too. I've tried the TY, TY+ and TMF formats. Also PASV on and off. In all these cases the files upload and download but the result are not correct. Either tivo thinks the file is corrupt or only 1 second long.

I'm running EPIA Mini-ITX for hardware so I'm not sure if the programs are at fault or the hardware.

So... I'm asking if anyone has used a linux box for the uploads and what software they're using?

Thanks

Running Core3 on 4 machnies and a laptop. GFTP works fine on all of them.
    All machines have a full installation of core 3. Most transfers are of ty+ and tmf, never had a problem.

Vegas

Thats good ...and bad. Assuming I'm not doing something wrong then there might be an issue with the hardware.

I guess I'll stick with SmartFTP and a mapped drive.

thanks

Having the same problem running FreeBSD 4.10 on the server and using ftp. In most cases the tmf files transfer but the size is slightly different and when I transfer to my WinXP laptop and mux with TyTool, the file is corrupt. If I FTP directly from TIVO to the laptop, the files are fine. I haven't tried re-inserting to the TIVO from the server, but I would expect the files to be corrupt. I thought it was a problem with mfs_ftp, but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by hi_dencity
    Having the same problem running FreeBSD 4.10 on the server and using ftp. In most cases the tmf files transfer but the size is slightly different and when I transfer to my WinXP laptop and mux with TyTool, the file is corrupt. If I FTP directly from TIVO to the laptop, the files are fine. I haven't tried re-inserting to the TIVO from the server, but I would expect the files to be corrupt. I thought it was a problem with mfs_ftp, but maybe not.
    Are you sure you are doing transfers in binary mode?