Thread: newbie confuse

newbie confuse

Hello guys, great forum.Ive been doing alot of reading and im a little confused my TIVO is on version 3.1.1 and completely stock,would like an advise on what should i do 1st,should i update to 4.x or 6.2 or should i use Sleepers before i update?

Thanks

BTW Im a rookie at this tivo thing but i got experience in other modding fields so im pretty confident ill get the hang of this quick and will stop asking stupid questions
    ________
    Chrysler Saratoga
    Last edited by F1 Fan; 02-22-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Don't use sleepers, let the tivo upgrade itself to 6.2. Should happen overnight soon. Then hack 6.2.

should i turn it off or should i leave it on,its there anything i should do so it will update?it got activated 2 days ago so its only been in the stream for a couple of days

BTW Thanks alot for your responce.

One more question,Once it updates to 6.2 i should use Killhdinitrd patch right?

Thanks again
    ________
    TOYOTA MARK X SPECIFICATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by F1 Fan
    One more question,Once it updates to 6.2 i should use Killhdinitrd patch right?
    That's where you start, yeah...replace the kernel with a killhdinitrd'd 3.1.5 kernel and you can begin hacking.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Thanks alot

I guess im just going to keep reading and getting any tools and patches that i need for when my tivo takes the 6.2 update which could take a few days from what i read so far.

Once again Thank you for clearing that out for me
    ________
    FORD EXCURSION HISTORY

Thanks alot

I guess im just going to keep reading and getting any tools and patches that i need for when my tivo takes the 6.2 update which could take a few days from what i read so far.

Once again Thank you for clearing that out for me
    No problem.

I posted a list of the steps here . Note that this is not a guide (because guides cause more problems than they solve) so much as a map. You can focus your reading on the various steps to get a better understanding of the process.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

who needs a guide with that link?

Thank You Once Again
    ________
    MARIO ANDRETTI
    Last edited by F1 Fan; 02-22-2011 at 04:10 AM.

Before I hacked my Hughes HDVR2, I had version 6.2 which was automatically installed. However, due to the difficulty in setting up a wireless card with WEP encryption, I decided to first install 4.x and then upgrade to 6.2 with slices. You can hack the 6.2 easily enough, but if you plan on using a wireless card, you might think about going to 4.x first so you can set up wireless within the menu.

Others are working on a way to add a wireless card with WEP without the menu, but it seemed pretty complicated to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mnrbradley
    Before I hacked my Hughes HDVR2, I had version 6.2 which was automatically installed. However, due to the difficulty in setting up a wireless card with WEP encryption, I decided to first install 4.x and then upgrade to 6.2 with slices. You can hack the 6.2 easily enough, but if you plan on using a wireless card, you might think about going to 4.x first so you can set up wireless within the menu.

Others are working on a way to add a wireless card with WEP without the menu, but it seemed pretty complicated to me.
    Well that puts a spin on my situation, cause im planning on using a wireless adapter.Can anyone else elaborate on this?what other options do i have if i go through we the 6.2 update,how could i set up the wireless adapter?

Thanks

BTW Thank you for pointing that out to me
    ________
    PENNY STOCK PICK

Well that puts a spin on my situation, cause im planning on using a wireless adapter.Can anyone else elaborate on this?what other options do i have if i go through we the 6.2 update,how could i set up the wireless adapter?
    Check here.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

that would have to do for now

Thanks again cheers
    ________
    Starcraft Ii Replays