Thread: Unauthorized dealer selling pre-hacked Tivos on ebay?

Unauthorized dealer selling pre-hacked Tivos on ebay?

I ran across several auctions posted by digitalrecorder.com on ebay that some of you developers may be interested in. This outfit is selling fully hacked S2 DTivos with all the bells and whistles. Here's a link to just one of their many auctions on ebay. They also sell these at their website.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this but isn't PTVUpgrade the only authorized distributor of the killhdinitrd hack? I think I smell a lawsuit in the works if I'm not.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

comments deleted - what's past is past.
    Last edited by Roger Dylan; 09-26-2005 at 06:51 PM.

Anyone notice that these guys (digitalrecorder.com) now have banner ads here?

There's a couple of other ebayer's I've noticed..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Modified-DirecTV...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Modified-Series-...QQcmdZViewItem

It's being dealt with.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?