Thread: 2.01 Images Needed

2.01 Images Needed

OK guys....the dTivo community is in need of *WORKING* 2.01 images. I thank CuberDude for uploading his goods, however I just restored his 2.01 (devorced) to my T60 only to find that I am now depleted to 24hrs of recording time.

So...what we need is;

Sony T60 2.01 Image
    Phillips DSR6000 Image

They really dont have to be virgin, as long as they work (no decompression errors)

To the newbies, if you want to help, now is the time, please contact me PM if you are unsure as to how to backup your Image.

And why exactly should I send you my image?
    Thanks.

send image

why?...just to help out a fellow tivo lover to find things out (maybe even) to your advantage.

originaly the back up service is set up to save al of you that mess up or that have simply a broken down TiVo.(could be you)

If you feel for this community then upload to ftp.abs.net

2 simple tips:
    -search threads about serial numbers and how to back up on this forum in advance.
    -do not upload hacked images, they will endanger the existence of this service.

one last thing: If uploading fails due to the fact that this ftp has no resume enabled. pm

Lets make something clear here...the Tivo (and any other) hacking community would *NOT* exist w/o the conglomerate of the masses. Take your selfish ass for example, you're here...you've probably used and abused the information provided here for your own personal gains. Well, how do you think that information got to you? Can you imagine where we would be without the efforts of Dr.TivoHacker, TivoMad and Dylan? etc…It’s through a collaboration of individuals for the benefit of the community. You ask why you should send me your image...Simply because its not going to only benefit ME...see dear friend, I run one of the FTP servers this community relies on for images, it would be to the benefit of the entire community. Besides, I don't think I want *YOUR* image anyway, seeing that you the concept of giving something back totally eludes you, you're possibly too lame to understand how to accomplish a *WORKING* and sfv'd backup. Furthermore, you can kiss my ass...

Sony SAT-T60 Virgin Image

I have a Sony SAT-T60 Virgin Image. Where you want it. I use FTP I need the setup info.
    Mishap64
    mishap64@uicn.net

T60 / TiVoNET /added 100 gig
    Pioneer 104

Mishap, great, thanks....is the image 2.01? Include a breif description of the image and how it was backed up, and tools used.

You can upload it to

ftp> hotbox69.com
    login: tivo
    pass: tivo

Feel free to take what you want.

I find the current method of making backups distasteful in the extreme.

I would much prefer they be distributed as images created with dd and gzipped (thanks chipster).. This would make my life much easier, as I could then mount them on my linux machine with loopfs and browse them over the web or my file server, or, I could slap them on a kaz. cd and drop them into place without using the esoteric MFStools, which while a great tool, does nothing for my golf game. .. .. uh .. it makes it difficult for me to use the tools at hand which is basically a factory 2 drive T60. dd/gz images, I can just drop the partition I want into place and be on my merry way.

anyway, that's my (10th root of 1027(PPC Jump style)) cents..

We need to keep this thread active, and hope that someone will come up with a 2.01 for the Philip/Hughes models; they seem to be the most elusive versions.

I still can't get an answer on whether the Sony SV2000 image will work on the DSR6000. At this point, after being without my DTivo for over a month, I am willing to try anything - and the Sony is basically identical hardware after all. Any confirmations whether this will work, or whether the FTP image for the SV2000 2.0.1 is any good?

I don't know whether it helps, but I thought it may be important for possible contributors to realize no personal information or serial number is contained within the image file you are uploading. According to the TiVo Underground FAQ, this is a "common misconception" and the serial number is stored in the ROM somewhere on the TiVo.

Now, is there any chance someone would be willing to help a fellow TiVo owner out and upload the image for us (or email me at: rusten@datwide.com). And if you aren't interested in doing it for sake of aiding others, I'll PayPal something over to you for your time...

Thanks in advance,
    Rusten

AFAIK the 2.01 root partitions only diverge by their startup scripts.

that being said, there can be a great deal of difference between data on the MFS partitions.

There's a website out there on doing a tivo "from scratch" and that should be usable to getr you back online.

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have a URL?

Bubba -- Thanks

Bubba, you're really an asset to this forum and we all really appreciate your hard work. I know that there must be a sh*tload of people lurking around this board quietly anticipating a 2.5 hack.

Kspades - I thought that was a good post concerning the need for sharing images, whoever doesn't want to share is by definition, a dillhole and should be treated as such.

I have a copy of a mfstools backup for my T60 with 2.01 [non hacked] that I can upload - do you guys still need images for that model or are you just looking for Philips?

Neutron

up it

Neutronflux wrote:
    do you guys still need images for that model or are you just looking for Philips?
    if an image is not on an ftp..up it. sooner or later someone wil need it.

rusten wrote:
    According to the TiVo Underground FAQ, this is a "common misconception" and the serial number is stored in the ROM somewhere on the TiVo.
    there are several thread's on this forum you should read. The serial number is being read and put in data that is send to tiVo inc.
    As I recall all these files are in the /var dir. the /var dir is not backup by mfstools by default. this means that a mfstools backup is save to submit. (don't take my word for it: check it)