Thread: Download movies to my Laptop

Download movies to my Laptop

Is there a way for me to download recorded shows from my Toshiba SD-H400 with Tivo Basic Service?

I'd like to put some of the shows I recorded on my laptop for later viewing.

I have a wireless network that updates Tivo, but it seems "Tivo to Go" is for Tivo Plus subscribers only.

When I log into Tivo, under "Manage my Account", it gives me a message, "sorry, we couldn't find any contracts on your account". If I could just change my "DVR Preferences" in my account, I think I could use the Tivo Desktop software.

Any suggestions? Maybe there is some 3rd party software that can do this?

Thanks for any possible help!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBo
    Is there a way for me to download recorded shows from my Toshiba SD-H400 with Tivo Basic Service?

I'd like to put some of the shows I recorded on my laptop for later viewing.

I have a wireless network that updates Tivo, but it seems "Tivo to Go" is for Tivo Plus subscribers only.

When I log into Tivo, under "Manage my Account", it gives me a message, "sorry, we couldn't find any contracts on your account". If I could just change my "DVR Preferences" in my account, I think I could use the Tivo Desktop software.

Any suggestions? Maybe there is some 3rd party software that can do this?

Thanks for any possible help!
    I got a suggestion that you're not going to like--try subbing to TiVo Plus....

But seriously, I don't know if your unit is hackable or not, but if it is you can get the movies to your laptop via TyTool or mfs_ftp.

ew