Thread: editing question

editing question

I am trying to combine portions of 3 different ty files that I have downloaded from my TIVO. Similar posts have suggested using VOBedit to accomplish this task. The VOBedit guide requires that you use .vob files, however, I can only find .ty files after I use tytools to vob-mux the files. I have tried renaming these files as vob files but that doesn't seem to work. How do I get tytools to create vob files? I have both ver 17 and 18 of Tytools.
    Thanks

Try the VOB-Mux File(s) option under the Files menu in TyTools.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by jkford
    I am trying to combine portions of 3 different ty files that I have downloaded from my TIVO. Similar posts have suggested using VOBedit to accomplish this task. The VOBedit guide requires that you use .vob files, however, I can only find .ty files after I use tytools to vob-mux the files. I have tried renaming these files as vob files but that doesn't seem to work. How do I get tytools to create vob files? I have both ver 17 and 18 of Tytools.
    Thanks
    My suggestion would be to just use TyTool to do it. Has a couple of means for doing it. Pick the first file you want, then attach the other pieces. The end result is that when you are in the final DVD creation stage you get 1 VOB chain (multiple files if too big) that are all of the pieces one after another.

--jdiner

I have tried using vob-mux but no .vob files are created. The file names still end in .ty. I tried renaming these ty files as vob files and then use these with vobedit and nothing happens. (I am not sure how to attach the other file clips using tytools either).

I have tried using vob-mux but no .vob files are created. The file names still end in .ty. I tried renaming these ty files as vob files and then use these with vobedit and nothing happens. (I am not sure how to attach the other file clips using tytools either).
    Look on the Menu under Options. At the bottom there should be a directory listed. Look there for the .VOB files. If the directory doesn't exist on your system, use the Set Output Directory option to set it to something that does exist.

If this doesn't solve your problem, outline your procedure from start to finish in excrutiating detail to get more help.
    ew

I have already set the output directory. No vob files are ever listed. Only new .ty files. I guess they could be hidden files but I can not find them. Under options I noticed there is a Mux section and if I click this VCD/SVCD is checked. There is a vob mux output (not available) and a standard mux output also.

I found the vob files. They were there all the time. My windows folder was hidding the extensions and tytools creates files with a double extension (.ty.vob) so it looked like I only had .ty files.

I have already set the output directory. No vob files are ever listed. Only new .ty files. I guess they could be hidden files but I can not find them. Under options I noticed there is a Mux section and if I click this VCD/SVCD is checked. There is a vob mux output (not available) and a standard mux output also.
    You don't want VCD/SVCD if you're making DVDs. Use the Standard Mux output instead.

I'm glad you were able to find your files. Do yourself (and us) a favor next time and try a CMD prompt to look around.

ew

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    My suggestion would be to just use TyTool to do it. Has a couple of means for doing it. Pick the first file you want, then attach the other pieces. The end result is that when you are in the final DVD creation stage you get 1 VOB chain (multiple files if too big) that are all of the pieces one after another.

--jdiner
    Please give some step-by-step if you can, I have been trying to do just that and can't find a way in tytool, using version 7, is that the problem?

Thankx
    Jmayes

Quote Originally Posted by jmayes
    Please give some step-by-step if you can, I have been trying to do just that and can't find a way in tytool, using version 7, is that the problem?

Thankx
    Jmayes
    How about Post #1666 of the TyTool thread?