Thread: Tivo To Go!

Tivo To Go!

Well since i did not get that hackable Tivo off of ebay, was out bidded! I may have to get a new Tivo standalone.
    I see that Tivo has a package called Tivo To Go. Since i just want to be able to get my shows off to archive them for later viewing would this work?

Any problems?

Thanks again.

You probably want to check with TiVoCommunity about Tivo-to-Go. I haven't messed with it (still on v4.0.1b myself) but I hear its a pain. You need a special access key number for your specific shows, and only supposedly only certain PC softwares can burn usable DVD-Rs from the resulting files.

Me, I locked my TCD240's at v4.0.1b, hacked, with MFS-FTP to download (and upload) shows. If you buy new, be aware that the TCD540's require a tricky and probably expensive hardware PROM replacement to get into a 'hackable' state.

I can't believe there is only one TCD240 available on eBay. My last three TiVo's were eBay finds.

Duh, of course with a name like 'MrSat' perhaps you are instead referring to DirectTivo unit instead. It's unclear what you want.

The MrSat was a nick from the past. I was talking about a standalone tivo as i stated in my previous post. Thanks for replying.

In short, yes it can be done...w/out needing MySonic, etc. You might want to search for DirectShowDump, ETivo on this site. Or check this thread http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...hlight=tivo2go