Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JAVAHMO and the Movies plugin

Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn View Post
    if someone has an old feed lying around and gives me an example of the xml they need I may be able to modify the new msn or weather.com to work with some xsl programing which
    I have done previously. ie modify the existing feed via xsl to conform to older format

Well,

This is what the old feed looked like. It's just a matter of modifing weathercontainer.java so it knows to pull the above xml and regex the right info. This is what the old feed looked like:

Code:
    function makeWeatherObj() { this.swCity = "Tinley Park"; this.swSubDiv = "IL"; this.swCountry = "USA"; this.swRegion = "United States"; this.swTemp = "30"; this.swTempCel = Math.round((5/9)*(this.swTemp-32)); this.swCIcon = "26"; this.swWindS = "18"; this.swWindD = "W"; this.swBaro = "29.95"; this.swHumid = "63"; this.swReal = "18"; this.swUV = "0"; this.swVis = "10.00"; this.swLastUp = "04/04/2007 07:51:00"; this.swConText = "Cloudy"; this.swFore = "4|5|6|7|1|04/04/2007|04/05/2007|04/06/2007|04/07/2007|04/08/2007|13|24|28|13|13|49|44|3|45|45|33|40|37|34|43|20|0|10|30|30|24|33|29|29|27|37|23|42|42|3|24|24|22|26|29|"; this.swAcid = "USIL1167"; }
    As you can see, the feed was actually a javascript function which I think was Originally intended for some Frontpage 98 component.

Smee

ok what is the last swfore with all the numbers ie high low etc.. any idea how to intrpret it thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn View Post
    ok what is the last swfore with all the numbers ie high low etc.. any idea how to intrpret it thanks
    If I am not mistaking, that's the 5 day forcast data. Havn't really looked to see how to interpret it though. You can test it by having the current module load that data from a web server you host. I'll put one of these old feeds on my web server sometime tonight to see how it loads it.

Smee

Man, this is sure gonna suck. I was able to pull data from the feeds I posted earlier, but realized as I got further into the XML that those feeds are missing Baramoter info and a couple of other things. I did find a yahoo weather feed I think I could use, but it only handles a two day forcast. This is looking ugly. Does anyone have any better feeds I could use. Preferabbly xml, but a formatted web page that uses location codes should work.

This is the Yahoo feed I found:

http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=USCA1116

Smee

29 Woohoo

OK, I got a tad lucky. I found a site that provides the same data msnbc borked and in the same format. Evidently this data supports the PalmOS and PocketPC TodayPlus application. Goody for me since I only had to change one line of code. Attached is a recompiled jar file along with the source file I modified. I will be looking for an alternative though just in case this feed also gets borked.

Smee
    Last edited by Smee; 05-11-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Updated Weather Jar: Radar Image & Alerts Fixed

Thumbs up You'da man

Wow, Smee, where did you find that feed? I had given up completely. It looks great; I was just wondering if you have your local radar map working or not. It could easily be that I blew it up when I was troubleshooting, so if yours works I'll just do a reinstall and then copy over your new .jar file.

One other thing to anyone that uses this: javahmo defaults to updating the weather every five minutes. Can we all agree to keeping that to at least an hour - I'd hate for us to annoy someone by constantly hitting their server.

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    OK, I got a tad lucky. I found a site that provides the same data msnbc borked and in the same format. Evidently this data supports the PalmOS and PocketPC TodayPlus application. Goody for me since I only had to change one line of code. Attached is a recompiled jar file along with the source file I modified. I will be looking for an alternative though just in case this feed also gets borked.

Smee

Thank you for this updated plugin

Hi, just want to say thank you thank you thank you for this plugin update. I just have one question on the placement of the files. I know were to put the weather.jar file but have no clue were to put the WeatherContainer.java file. any help in this would also be greate
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Wow, Smee, where did you find that feed? I had given up completely. It looks great; I was just wondering if you have your local radar map working or not. It could easily be that I blew it up when I was troubleshooting, so if yours works I'll just do a reinstall and then copy over your new .jar file.

One other thing to anyone that uses this: javahmo defaults to updating the weather every five minutes. Can we all agree to keeping that to at least an hour - I'd hate for us to annoy someone by constantly hitting their server.
    DJL,

I'm very good at Googling. I just checked the logs and your right, it looks like the local Weather map is not found during the image search. I'll have to see why.

For now, I just updated the Weather jar file. I recompiled it so that the update interval choices now start at 30 minutes instead of 5.

Smee

Quote Originally Posted by usa11usa View Post
    Hi, just want to say thank you thank you thank you for this plugin update. I just have one question on the placement of the files. I know were to put the weather.jar file but have no clue were to put the WeatherContainer.java file. any help in this would also be greate
    Those are parts of the source files I updated. No need to place them anywhere. They are only there for reference. I really should see how I can upload these changes to the CVS. Anyone know how I would go about uploading these changes since I am not the original author?

Smee

29 Radar Image

Ok, I fixed the Radar Image. That link had changed as well. I also made some changes to the way Alerts are picked up. These were just minor changes. Quite frankly, I am surprised this plugin has lasted this long. The plugin first connects to Yahoo and tries to get a locality ID by using your City/State & Zipcode to determine this code and if that fails, it tries to get this code using the MSNBC site. The link on MSNBC to do the code translation is now dead so I commented out the code for MSNBC. It then connects to the US Census site to get your county or division to pull Alerts. Once it has this, it pulls the Weather data and then downloads any alerts for your state or region.

Someone did noice that the 5 day forcast is missing same data. Seems to be sparodic. I was pulling all five days as of yesterday so just a heads up.

Smee

Just as an FYI, I found another feed I am going to see if I can integrate into the Weather Plugin. It's from weather.com, but I will need to subcribe to the free feed. It's at http://www.weather.com/services/xmloap.html. It looks pretty cool. I found it while looking at the sources for the BBToday Blackberry application which has a weather peice.

Smee

Pictures not showing

This is probably a weird coincidence, but now my images plugin isn't working. Thumbnails show up on the tivo, but when I select a picture to display I get the big red X instead.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

I just started using JavaHMO. I love it. I just wish I could use Galleon on my DTivo. I get the big red X for pictures that are large. Pictures takend with a 4 Mpixel camera work just fine but an 8 Mpixel picture will crap out.

My iTunes plug in for JavaHMO does not seem to work. Has anyone gotten their's to work? Is there another software solution what will work with iTunes and a DTivo?

Thanks.

I'm with mrfloyd -- would be nice if galleon worked with DTivo -- but the 2 posters of the movie and weather jars are the GREATEST!! Thank You -- now movies an weather work

Thank You Posters of the fixed code!

Is anyone else having trouble with the Weather feed again? I'm getting:
    ERROR [Thread-7] WeatherContainer - Could not find AC ID for: <Mycity>, <ST> <ZIP>. It errors out no matter what City/ZIP I change it to...
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!