Thread: Can't use my DSR7000 anymore?

Can't use my DSR7000 anymore?

I read in here that DTV will no longer let you sub receivers like this anymore. Is this actually true?

I had mine subscribed until about a year ago and then went out of the country for the past year. Now I'm back and want to connect my service again and I'm hearing that I can't and that my equipment is useless. This is kind of a bummer.

Have you tried calling DirecTV? One thread which indicates non-RID units could not be subscribed contains a recent post which indicates that policy has been changed. Try - or try not. Don't sit around complaining!

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

I probably will, I just didn't want to unpack all of it and get up on the ladder and set it all up for nothing, which is why I wanted to check first.

OK, I've got a real nifty idea. BEFORE you drag out the ladder, drill holes, run cable, and all the other messy stuff, pick up a telephone and dial 1-800-531-5000, and ask to speak to someone in the retention group. Ask the person who comes on the line if there would be any problems with reactivating your DirecTiVo. Tell them that a Dish salesman told you that he would give you a great deal, besides DirecTV was not reactivating old hardware.

Odds are that they will be willing to send someone out to put up a new dish, give you three months free of whatever premium service they're pushing, and ask only that you commit to maintaining service for a year.

The motto is "Work Smarter, not Harder".

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.