Thread: DSR7000 stuck at powering up

DSR7000 stuck at powering up

This unit was working fine last night and this morning came out to hear it making a sort of grinding beeping sound and stuck at "Welcome Powering up".
    What do I need to do to help you guys help me ?
    Thanks
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Ok, I guess I posted a little soon, I put the original HD in and it is working now. So I guess my question now is how do I trouble shoot the HD problem and how do I pull the movies off the hard drive.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Most manufacturers have a downloadable utility you can use to scan the drive (in a PC) and see what if anything might be wrong. Depends on your make of HDD.

The other thing is to hope its still under warranty.

It's a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 120Gb ATA/133. What utility should I use on it ?

Will it mess with the tivo booting up if I plug it in to the pc to check the disk ?

Thanks for your help
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    It's a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 120Gb ATA/133. What utility should I use on it ?

Will it mess with the tivo booting up if I plug it in to the pc to check the disk ?

Thanks for your help
    Download the latest diagnostics from Maxtor, make a cd from the image, hook the TiVo drive up as primary master and boot from the cd. Run the non-destructive surface scan.

Never hook up a TiVo drive to a pc running Win 2K or Win XP and boot to Windows; you'll trash the drive, and it'll take ANOTHER utility to recover.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Thanks for the advice.
    I tried to use the Maxtor diagnostic program but it doesn't recognize the drive so I believe it's hosed. I'm trying to get it replaced under warranty but I've gone ahead and ordered a new drive while I'm waiting.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2