Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty playback on XBMP

Ty playback on XBMC

I know Im a lil late with this (better late than later), XBMP has been compliled with d7o's patches and XBMP would just lock up no matter where I attempted to play the ty file from.
    Last edited by mpauley; 03-31-2004 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks for the update.

Matt

I should have a new xbox in a couple of days. And that point I'll be able to start working on this again.

d7o

d7o,

Thanks for the reply, I hope you received my emails. I have a question for you also... I noticed unRAR code in the CVS and I was wondering if it would possible to add TMF support into this also. All a TMF is, is a RAR containing the ty files (512mb each), and all the XML data you could want about the recording. I think alot of people use TMFs to back up their recording instead of raw .ty files.

Originally posted by mpauley
    ....I think alot of people use TMFs to back up their recording instead of raw .ty files.
    Mickey:

I stopped using TMF a while ago since the new "TY" format from mfs_ftp is insertable and has the xml data at the end of the file, so that I don't have the extra TMF>Ty converversion step when I process to DVD.

Is there a compelling reason to continue with TMF?

thanks as always.
    Scott

SAT-T60 Ver 3.5

mmmmmmm... maybe your right.... I forgot Riley told me about that.... nvrmnd then

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by citivolus
    this is really impressive...well done, d7o.

after registering the filters, I've got a file that won't play in WMP ('Cannot play back the file, format not supported') nor will it render in graphedit. when i manually try to construct the graph connecting the async file reader with the tysplit filter, it says the pins can't agree.

the file is an episode of CSI. it plays fine with mplayer under cygwin. it's big (~3 gig) on a FAT32 partition. could this have something to do with the problem?

how can I cut a sample from the file and send it to you for testing?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such an error is a parsing problem. Having a cut of the file may or may not reproduce the problem. I read in all master chunks up front (for the seeking) so it is most likely a problem with that. mplayer simply ignores these chunks as it finds them.

d7o
    duo,

Since you have the masterchunk pretty much figured out, will you be able to work this in to XBMP for better seeking?

the ###-xml-### tacked onto the end of a ty works for insertion and with current utils but it's kinda clunky. tmf allows for simple embedding of other types of info (tyindex cache files, tystudio cutlists, closed captioning transcripts, <insert idea here>) such that they're easy to retrieve with tar or ignore if the util doesn't support a particular data type

for anything more advanced than simple playback like editing, authoring, streamview or showsend tmf is the way to go. it'd be nice if the varioius players support it as well. (cwingert's hmo allready does)

--
    Riley

FYI - XBMC supports Ty files. I could not get it to stream from the tivo tho...

Originally posted by rc3105
    for anything more advanced than simple playback like editing, authoring, streamview or showsend tmf is the way to go. it'd be nice if the varioius players support it as well. (cwingert's hmo allready does)

DOH!, I hear this AFTER I converted over 250GB+ of TMFs to TYs. Well It'll be worth it if TyShow can handle S1 Dtivo streams
    Last edited by osetivo; 10-06-2003 at 08:24 PM.
    Scott

SAT-T60 Ver 3.5

it would kick if XBMC works with ty streams.

Wow, I guess it's time to try XBMC - been trying to convince myself it was worth the trouble (XBMP already works great). I'll post back if it actually works with .ty files.

-Zak

I got the latest CVS of XBMP compiled and Im watching a .tmf on my system right now....

nice to ty files work with it? I might need to go to my fav irc channel

Originally posted by lart2150
    nice to ty files work with it? I might need to go to my fav irc channel
    Not there yet... I've been working on this build for a week now...