On Client
    Windows Media Player - http://www.microsoft.com/wmp
    or VideoLan Client - http://www.videolan.org/
    Setup:
    1. Install DynuExec on server
    2. Install vlc with vserver and ty plugins on server
    3. Verify IIS webcomponet is installed
    4. Install pskill & pulist on server
    5. Unzip Ty2Go.zip into IISRoot directory on server(ex: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\)
    6. Open Ty2Go.ini and update the following:
    a. change the paths to match your installation for the support files (ex: c:\progra~1\videolan\vlc\vlc.exe)
    b. Set the address of your tivo(ex: 192.168.1.200)
    c. Set the port to stream to the internet on(ex: 8090)
    7. With IIS security setup:
    a. Less Secure:
    i.Grant IUSR_<servername> read & execute permissions to all exe's listed in
    Ty2Go.ini and the entire VLC directory.
    ii. Grant IUSR_<servername> write/modify permissions to the Ty2Go directory
    b. More Secure - will open a windows logon box when you goto the site:
    i. Grant a user you define read & execute permissions to all exe's listed in Ty2Go.ini and the entire VLC directory.
    ii. Grant the user you defined write/modify permissions to the Ty2Go directory
    iii. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
    iv. Drill down through websites and locate the folder where Ty2Go is located.
    v. Right click/choose properties. Then click on the "directory security" tab.
    vi. Then click edit under "authenication and access control".
    vii. Uncheck "enable anomous access" and make sure "integrated windows authentication" is checked.
    viii. Close IIS manager.
    8. If you have a router installed you may need to forward the port you set in Ty2Go.ini to your server's IP Address
    9. Point your browser to Ty2Go.asp in demo mode. This is default.
    10. Try it out and if your not getting any web page errors. Set Demo = no in the Ty2Go.ini file
    11. Start vserver is running on your tivo
    12. On your client make sure that you are allowing popups from the site where Ty2Go is located
    13. Point your browser to Ty2Go.asp and now you are ready to watch
    Credits:
    tystreamer by Stealth Dave
    mmel7 for help with the naming and testing
    michaloj2000 for help with some asp debugging/coding
    VLC created by the VideoLAN Team
    TiVo-VLC project created by tx413
    DynuExec created by the dynu team
    pskill created by the dynu team
    vserver by cwingert
    site template from http://www.steves-templates.com
    My setup was:
    Windows 2003/IIS6 server
    VLC 0.8.2 on server with vlc-082-win-r45 plugins
    Windows XP client with media player 10

Features:

sortable columns by clicking on header
    loads fast by only refreshing list from tivo every 10 min
    written in asp so it is native to windows/IIS
    FYI this is written in ASP
    Last edited by Mr novice; 01-24-2006 at 04:27 PM.

Okay, I tried this in demo mode from another computer behind my router with password protection turned off and also from the Server computer too and I get the same error.... (I am poointing to http://192.168.1.103/ty2go.asp, where that is the ip of the server PC)

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)
    Object required: 'fs'
    /ty2go.asp, line 136

Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; {66AFB0B5-7856-4CEF-A876-F6CEFE2DCEAD}; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Page:
    GET /ty2go.asp

my bad...

rookie mistake on my part. here is a corrected ty2go.asp. just unzip and replace it.

I also corrected the main attachment in the original post.

Edit I removed the attachment as I the update is in the latest zip from the 1st thread
    Last edited by Mr novice; 12-10-2005 at 02:35 PM.

I forgot to mention my server is running Windows XP Media Center edition 20005. Also I seem to be having problems with Pulist crashing...

okay, with the new version in demo mode and working from
    the same server machine I get a nice page listing some programs, it I try to view one of them it doesn't work of course as it is a demo. if I make demo=no I get the following error

The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the 192.168.1.103 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
    Permission denied
    /Ty2Go.asp, line 79

Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 3.1)

Page:
    GET /Ty2Go.asp

Time:
    Saturday, December 10, 2005, 11:26:19 AM

More information:
    Microsoft Support

Line79 is where it attempts to create a file with a list of shows from your tivo. You need to do the following:

If you choose the more secure IIS option:
    ii. Grant the user you defined write/modify permissions to the Ty2Go directory
    if you choose the less secure option:
    ii. Grant IUSR_<servername> write/modify permissions to the Ty2Go directory

As for pulist is the install crashing your machine? If it installed successfully you should be able to open a cmd prompt and change to the dir where it is installed and type pulist and it will dump a list of processes running on your machine.

If that works properly then you need you make sure the user mentioned above has read+execute access to pulist.exe.

If manually running it fails then get a fresh copy of the page from the first link in the site. I just uploaded version1r1 with a pulist correction that might also correct your issue.

Perhaps this is not the place to ask, but how do I assign those rights to a user? I created 2 new users using the USER app in control pannel but i don't see how to assign them rights. Also I noticed I have IIS services, but not IIS Manager, do I get that from Microsoft website or instal from my CD? Apparently i figured this out once befoe as I have IIS Manager on another PC... sorry if this is all too Noobie....

Let me start by saying I have never seen Windows XP Media Center edition 2005. But it should be the same. So I'm guessing that everything is set to default locations. First setting write permissions. It seems from previous posts that it is located in the webroot directory. So open my computer, open the c drive, open inetpub then right click on wwwroot choose properties. Then click the security tab. The click on the user who needs rights (IUSR_<servername>) then check the modify box and make sure the read&execute option is checked. Then click the advanced button check the box reset permissions on child objects. Click ok then click ok again. Do the same for the dir where vlc is installed (C:\program files\videolan\vlc) except you do not need to check the modify box only read&execute.

The following is what you need to do for the other apps like pulist.exe, pskill.exe:
    So open my computer, open the location where the tool is located then right click on it choose properties. Then click the security tab. The click on the user who needs rights (IUSR_<servername>) then check the read&execute option is checked. Click ok.

If by chance you do not see the user you attempting to give permissions to from the security tab. Click the add button. Make sure that your machine name is in the lookin drop down. Then scroll down to the required user and double click on it. It will then appear in the lower box then click ok. Then follow the above mentioned steps.

As for IIS manager, in XP it is in control panel/administrative tools and it is called Internet Services Manager.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this, I got it working on MCE2005. I also used the IIS lockdown tool to make it a bit more secure as I want it accessible from outside my LAN. The only thing that wasn't straightforward is getting Firefox to launch VLC. I added MMSH as a protocol in the registry, and FF does try to launch it, but it never starts up. However, WMP works os I'm not too bothered.

Great work, thanks again, and also to Stealthdave for the original concept.

patp,

glad you got it working!!! I was having the same issue with tystreamer you were which is what prompeted me to write this. I then ask Stealthdave if he cared since it was his concept and he said as long as i called it something else.

As for the VLC issue. I tried it here and it was working so here is what my reg looks like when I export it to a file:
    Code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH]
    "Source Filter"="{6B6D0800-9ADA-11d0-A520-00A0D10129C0}"
    "Animation"="dxmasf.dll,150"
    "URL Protocol"=""
    @="URL:mmsh Protocol"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\vlc.exe,-120"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MMSH\shell\open\command]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files\\VideoLAN\\VLC\\vlc.exe\" \"%L\""
    Hope it helps!

I was having troubles with the vstream plugins you link to above from the official site. Looks like others are as well. Someone was able to compile these so that they work with current vlc. You can find them at:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...2&postcount=58

Edit: I am having better luck with these than the offical ones that only work with vlc 0.8.1, but they are still not great. I have trouble vlc'ing directly to the tivo box with some recordings, especially anything created with mplex, which shows up as a52 audio.
    Last edited by pikespeakhiker; 12-26-2005 at 10:32 PM.

This is great! It works right out of the box for me. I'm using Windows XP with IIS 5.1 and vlc 8.4. Thank you!

Not working for me. Found this in tivolist.txt

VLC media player 0.8.4a Janus
    [00000273] main interface: creating vlm
    [00000273] telnet interface: Using the VLM interface plugin...
    [00000273] telnet interface: Telnet interface started on interface 4212
    [00000276] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://192.168.1.11/llist'
    [00000297] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
    [00000269] main playlist: nothing to play
    [00000269] main playlist: stopping playback

TivoD,

I would try vlc 8.2. When I attempted to use VLC 8.4 I had simalar issues. The problem with it seems to be the "vstream plugins for VLC" I have checked the offical site for but they still have the 8.2 plugins listed as current. vaporE can you post where you got the the 8.4 plugins? You may want to also go out where you have ty2go installed and remove the tivolist.txt file. Once it gets created it will only update it if it is older that 10 min. I did that to speed up page loads after the first load. Let me know how it goes.

I got it to work. I have a Series 1 DTiVo and it was in standby yesterday at home while I was doing all of this from elsewhere. When my wife got home and turned it on, all of the sudden I got a program listing.

Now, WMP links work but the program never plays. I keep seeing "Buffering" then "Attempting to reconnect" in WMP. VLC links give a popup with the title "Invalid syntax error".

Waaaaaaaay back in August I tried getting TyStreamer to work. It was at this time that I downloaded the plugins for VLC here. (download link for the Windows VLC plugins) I did not download any new versions of the plugin when Ty2Go was posted here. I just used the same ones.

And I incorrectly reported the wrong version initially. At work - I mean when at a friends house (where I receive the stream) I am using VLC 0.8.4 but at home (where the stream is sent from) I am using VLC 0.8.2. I am able to see the stream in both VLC and WMP.

TiVoD, If you have limited upload (basic cable limits in my area at 384 Kb up) then you will want to go with 128 Kb or maybe 256 Kb up in the Quality selection menu. You will never connect if set to a higher quality. I have 1500 Kb up at home. I have set Ty2Go to send me a portion of that bandwidth with the medium setting of 384 Kb. Every now and then I'll set it to send me 512 Kb if I know my wife isn't doing anything on the intar-web.