Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ty2Go

TivoD,

vaporE is right if you are streaming at a higher rate than your upload pipe you will have the problems you are experieneceing. So check that and I would also recommend on the PC where you are streaming from using VLC 8.2 with the 8.2 plugins. Let me know how that goes.

vaporE who is your ISP? 1500kb up that rocks!!

35 Help--I keep getting this error. What am I doing wrong?

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Error Type:
    Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
    Invalid class string
    /Ty2Go.asp, line 32

* Browser Type:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

* Page:
    GET /Ty2Go.asp

* Time:
    Saturday, December 31, 2005, 1:06:42 PM

the only way you should get that is if DynuExec is not installed properly on the server your streaming from. I would goto http://www.dynu.com/DynuExec.asp and get a fresh copy and reinstall it on the server and you should be all set.

About to give up!

I have tried everything I know, and I still get the same error message when I point the browser to Ty2Go.asp. I have uninstalled and re-installed everything, have tried in demo mode and "live" mode, and get same message. Have unregistered and re-registered a newly downloaded Dynu.dll, have same version VLC and additional dlls (.84), all permissions appear to be ok. Any ideas? I feel I am close. I can get VLC to pull the list from TIVO and stream to the player, just not through the browser. Thanks again.

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Error Type:
    Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
    Invalid class string
    /Ty2Go.asp, line 32

* Browser Type:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

* Page:
    GET /Ty2Go.asp

* Time:
    Sunday, January 01, 2006, 11:15:20 AM

That line is where I create the dynu object. Which is what it needs to execute vlc and all other process. So without that part this will not work. I checked there website and here is what they say about that issue:
    --------------------------------------------
    I installed Dynu.dll on my new Windows Server and I keep getting error 'Server object, ASP 0177 (0x8007045A)'.

This error is caused by overly strict security. Please see Microsoft Q175804. IIS needs (at minimum read) access to the registry and to the Windows directory where the Dynu DLLs are installed - and of course read access to the directory where Dynu dll is installed. This kind of error is not unusual on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. You need to change the IIS Anonymous user to some user that has appropriate access privileges. In fact you may well find that if you simply switch your IIS virtual directory properties to 'High - Isolated Process' the problem will just solve itself (this will change the user from IUSR_PC to IWAM_PC). You can also use Windows Component Manager to resolve this issue.
    -------------------------------------------------

I would try what they are recommending and if that fails maybe uninstall/reinstall WSH that can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en on your server. A shot in the dark that might work if the others don't is a uninstall/reinstall of IIS. Good luck and let me know if this helps.
    Last edited by Mr novice; 01-01-2006 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks for your help...

but I still had no success. I think my problem mainly stems from the fact that I am not too adept at working with servers, permissions, web sites, etc. I am running XP Pro at home, but had similar problems with permissions on Windows 2000 at work. I think I'll just give it a rest for now, and maybe follow the thread(s) in the future to see if I can get it resolve. Again, thanks for your help and suggestions.

Almost

This looks like a great implementation for Tivo to Internet. I have it working, except for a couple things.

VLC doesn't work locally, seems like it won't play MMSH, just MMS. I get this:

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/syntax.htm#mmsh://servername:8074/

Programs stream on local network, but from internet I get network errors from WMP. Do any other ports besides HTTP, 80, need to be opened?

Thanks!

Bob

Port 8090 needs to be open also. You can change that in the ini file if 8090 happens to be blocked.

As for the VLC issue try adding this to the registry on the client machine.

Hope this helps.

he244;
    More than likely, if you are trying to access your shows from work or school, port 8090 is closed on the corporate or school firewall. In order for streaming to work I have to go through port 1099 to stream. I've changed it in the ini. You will need to find an open port through your work/school firewall. Once you've found a working port then create a file on your desktop called TVStream.m3u. Edit that file in Notepad and add these lines:
    Code:
    #EXTM3U
    mmsh://YourIPAddressHere:1099/
    Now that you've got that file, open Windows Explorer and go into Tools > Folder Options > File Types > m3u and change the program to your viewing program of choice. I like VLC.

Then I click the VLC link in Ty2Go and like 5 seconds later I double click the TVStream.m3u that I've got on my desktop. Works great.

no video?

Mr novice,

Thanks for providing this. I couldn't get tystreamer to work. I've had better luck with ty2go. However, I am having a video issue with some shows. Both WMP and VLC play just audio, no video at all. Other shows play both audio/video just fine.

All shows are from the same channel, standard definition. I can play all of them remotely with mplayer as well as tyshow.

What version of VLC/VLC plugins are you using on the server? What OS is your server running? The reason I ask is that I have seen this happen to me as well but have been unable to locate the cause. I'm using VLC .82 with its plugins running on Windows 2003 server. I know VLC .84 was released but there was no official release of the windows plugins. I know that awind posted some here but I have not had a chance to test them out yet. I will try them out in the next day or so and let you know what I find.

Well I have tested vlc .84 and .84a with the plugins on a show I have that only plays audio and neither version helped. On the server is I open vlc client and try tivo://tivoipaddress/fsid it play correctly. I'm going to try some other encoding options and will let you know.

Greetings! Just installed ty2go. After I enter the login and password, I get a 404 error on ty2go.asp. I'm not sure what's going on here (and I know what a 404 error is ) and would appreciate some pointers.... Thanks!

In typical NOOB fashion, I gave IIS permission to run ASP, and my last issue is resolved. Now I get the demoTivoList text on the page and it looks good. When I switch to demo=no, I get the same page with a program list and the following in my Tivolist file:
    VLC media player 0.8.4a Janus
    [00000268] main interface: creating vlm
    [00000268] telnet interface: Using the VLM interface plugin...
    [00000268] telnet interface: Telnet interface started on interface 4212
    [00000270] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://10.0.1.10/llist'
    [00000277] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
    [00000265] main playlist: nothing to play
    [00000265] main playlist: stopping playback
    [00000001] main vlc error: could not create C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data/vlc (Permission denied)
    [00000001] main vlc error: could not create C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data/vlc/cache (No such file or directory)

I've granted my tivo users group permission on the application data folder and that didn't seem to do anything. Help (Again!)

I'm so close... I know it.

Here's an update - I've been able to get streaming audio in WMP only, no video yet. Here's the setup:

Server 2003 service pack 1
    Tivo 6.2 with the Instantcake image and zipper hack tools.
    VLC 8.4 on the server with the 8.4 plugins from earlier in this thread
    WMP10 on the client, an XP box in my LAN.

Victory will be mine! (with your help!) ;-)