Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ty2Go

I am using .82 with the official .82 plugins. Windows XP SP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr novice
    What version of VLC/VLC plugins are you using on the server? What OS is your server running? The reason I ask is that I have seen this happen to me as well but have been unable to locate the cause. I'm using VLC .82 with its plugins running on Windows 2003 server. I know VLC .84 was released but there was no official release of the windows plugins. I know that awind posted some here but I have not had a chance to test them out yet. I will try them out in the next day or so and let you know what I find.

Vocoder,

The messages in that file are slightly misleading. The place you need to change permissions is c:\program files\videolan\vlc. If you used the default vlc install path. Basically right click on that vlc folder and give whatever group modify(read, write, execute) permissons. that should fix it. you may want to remove the tivolist.txt since it only gets recreated every 5 min. let me know how it goes.

Mr. Novice,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've given the group modify permissions on the VLC folder and can stream about half of the shows I've recorded. On the others, I get the audio only, without any video. This is persistent - the shows that work, work consistantly, those that are audio only, are always audio only. I've tried different quality settings (thinking it was bandwidth related) with no difference.

Some more info that I left out of my last post that might be relevant:
    Client browser - Firefox, with the protocols properly registered.
    Broadband - DSL with 450k upload speed.

Thanks

That is an issue with vlc or the plugins. I have the same issue with a couple shows. Here is what I found so far.

I took a show that I can't get video from and open it from the tivo on the VLC client without streaming/transcoding and it plays properly. That being said VLC has 12 video encoding options. On a known working show VLC works with 8 of them and WMP only works with 4 when streaming/transcoding. I have tried all 4 with a show that I can't get video from and none had any impact. I'm in the process of working with VLC support to see if they can help. I will attach my video logs incase anyone here can help.

No video issue - workaround

I have release v1r2 here or it is in the first post of this thread. It does provide a workaround for the no video issues. There are a few catches though . It can use more bandwith(~1mb or more as it in uncompressed) and second it doesn't work with WMP. To access the workaround you just select it from the video quality dropdown menu. The only other changes are some http caching on the VLC server side.

If your upgrading just unzip file and replace all previous ty2go files. If there are any other questions just let me know.
    Last edited by Mr novice; 01-24-2006 at 05:20 PM.

No shows listed

Well I got everything to work up through the demo, but when I turn Demo mode off I get a page with no shows listed.

I am running Windows XP Pro with IIS 5.1

Couple things to try first make sure vserver is running on the tivo. Then delete Tivolist.txt if it exists in the directory where the web pages are located. Then try it. If it fails again post the contents of Tivolist.txt but most likely it will be windows file security/permissions. Hope this helps

Can you say Duhhhh!

I was able to get the list to show--it helps if you have the correct ip address

But when I tried to play a show I got a "Cannot find server" page and the following in the bottom of the TivoList.txt

[00000272] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://192.168.0.115/llist'
    [00000279] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
    [00000267] main playlist: nothing to play
    [00000267] main playlist: stopping playback
    [00000001] main vlc error: could not create C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data/vlc (Permission denied)
    [00000001] main vlc error: could not create C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data/vlc/cache (No such file or directory)

I'm guessing I have some permissions set up wrong. Do you know of a good source for configuring permissions in XP Pro.

Some info on my setup:
    Server: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot
    VLC is installed in D:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC
    DynuExec: D:\Program Files\Dynu Systems\DynuCOM
    Pulist: C:\Program Files\Resource Kit
    PsKill: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tystreamer

I am using the more secure option with windows authentication.

As for resources I would google "NTFS permissions".
    For your problem I would open my computer and browse to D:\Program Files\VideoLAN then right click on the "VLC" folder and choose properties then click the security tab. Make sure whatever userID you picked in Step 7 of the setup doc has modify and write permissions. then click the advanced button and check the box that says replace permissions on all child objects. That pushes your permissions to all files and folders below. I think that will fix your issue. Let me know.

First of all thanks for all the help for an ignorant noob.

I think I may have found the problem; however, I'm not sure how to solve it.

I tried to reset all my permissions to use IUSER_ (less secure option) to see if that would help. I am able to get the list of shows, but when I click on the VLC link I get the same problem as before. I also noticed that when I do that I get 2 processes that come up in the task manager:

vlc.exe and dllhost.exe both are user: IWAM_

Shouldn't the user be IUSER_???

I noticed that IWAM also came up before I switched permissions

I tried giving IWAM_ read/exe permissions. That still won't work. Here is what is coming up at the end of tivolist.txt

[00000272] main input error: no suitable access module for `tivo://192.168.0.115/llist'
    [00000279] dummy demuxer: command `quit'
    [00000267] main playlist: nothing to play
    [00000267] main playlist: stopping playback

Some progress:

I am able to stream some shows using the WMP link, and using Windows Media (obviously). Although, some shows only give me sound--no video.

Yeah sad to day but that is a known issue with the windows plugins see this post. As for VLC have you add the need parts to registry. If not they are here. Good luck and let me know if you have any other issues.

Once you get VLC you can watch all shows if you use the bottom option from quality and have enough bandwidth to support it(~1Mb Up).
    Last edited by Mr novice; 03-24-2006 at 02:22 PM.

I'm sorry about all this, but how do I add the registry entries? I have no MMSH key, so I assume I have to enter it, but I'm not sure about how to add the other specific entries.