Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: DSR7000 6.2 200g seagate

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39

    DSR7000 6.2 200g seagate

    I just backed up my original hdd that upgraded to 6.2, restored it to my new 200hdd using Univasal boot cd 11 and going by Hinsdales instructions and also expaned the drive. All is working but I need to know what commands I need to do so I can use bash. I have the new 200g hdd in my pc connected to the secondary master ide (hdc).

    I did try reading and searching but can't seem to find anything that is this elementary.

    Doesn't this universal boot cd have the killhdinitrd kernel ?
    Last edited by TivoBlues; 12-13-2005 at 11:30 PM.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    I just backed up my original hdd that upgraded to 6.2, restored it to my new 200hdd using Univasal boot cd 11 and going by Hinsdales instructions and also expaned the drive. All is working but I need to know what commands I need to do so I can use bash. I have the new 200g hdd in my pc connected to the secondary master ide (hdc).
    Sorry, it isn't going to be that easy. I'd suggest reading this thread, particularly Cheer's roadmap.

    Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    I did try reading and searching but can't seem to find anything that is this elementary.
    For elementary, try the stickies in the Newbie forum, particularly this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    Doesn't this universal boot cd have the killhdinitrd kernel ?
    I suggest you ask PTVupgrade. It's their cd.

    PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

    "You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

    HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39
    I have asked PTV but no response yet. I have the option to mount the CD so I can use other options on the boot cd but I don't know what commands to use to see what else is on there. They only offer limited instructions.

    Thanks for the threads PB, I have read them and I think I'll re-read them again.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    I have asked PTV but no response yet. I have the option to mount the CD so I can use other options on the boot cd but I don't know what commands to use to see what else is on there. They only offer limited instructions.

    Thanks for the threads PB, I have read them and I think I'll re-read them again.
    Sounds like you need a Linux primer that covers stuff like cd, ls, mv, and a bunch of other cryptic commands.

    PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

    "You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

    HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •