Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r1 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

TyTool 10r1 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Alright. The rules in this thread are the same as the last one for my tools. A great many things have been updated recently. And there are some pretty sweet features coming in the near future. But as always it is best to start with a charter for this thread.

Just like before these are rules for this thread, not the forum. If you want to discuss things deemed off limits here make your own threads and set your own rules. But if you decide to participate here then please follow the guidelines.

So the rules for this thread are:

1- NO FLAMES AND NO ARGUMENTS... I am through trying to be nice on this as it just plain does not work. I will without reservation delete anything that shows up here that could be considered either of the above. Enough is enough.

2- It has become clear that we have 2 distinct camps with zealots in both. Fine. Use my stuff. Use Olaf's. I couldn't care less. Many of us got dragged into a war we didn't know we were supposed to be involved in... So a new rule. We discuss ONLY my own tools here... Leave the rest in their own threads! This is not intended to be an attack but rather to stop them. You don't like me. Fine. You don't like my tools fine. You don't like those that use them. You're an ***** but fine for hating people you have never ever met so just go somewhere else.

3- NO ADVERTISING FOR OTHER TOOLS. Again this thread is again about Vsplit/TyTool. If you have something cool to use in place of or even with them the take it to a different thread. Any post by anyone about "you really should use X instead..." is gone the moment I or some of other mods see it.

This is still an open forum. Create your own thread and have at it. But such posts are entirely unwelcome here.

4- Feel free to discuss various OS/wishes/desires/etc.... At some point we should support as much as is possible.

5- Feel free to ask for features but be aware that I am making no promises except to work on things in general... I mean it. Ask. But don't hound me or anyone else, that accomplishes nothing. If you think of something that would be cool let me know. I will add it to the list.

6- I suppose I should say it... I reserve the right to disappear at any time. Just like you do. When life interferes hobbies get put on hold. Having said that it will be obvious when you look at the new toolset that I have been putting in a great deal of time on it. Hope that it helps every do what they want to with their Tivos...

7- Keep DVDLab, tmpgenc et all to a dull roar in here please. It might be better say that we are now 3 camps. TyTool, TyStudio, and TyTool with the output being used elsewhere. I don't mind the occasional this works with DVDLab/Tmpgenc etc... in reference to a problem someone asks about. But in the last while it has felt like we had dropped to advertising again. Please don't do that. There are a number of very good DVDLab threads here on the forum to do that kind of thing etc...

An important note!

Several of these programs require the cygwin1.dll to run. Some of the tools in the TyTool release, mpeg2enc and dvdauthor most notably, were compiled with the cygwin cross compiler. To run these require the presence of the cygwin1,.dll file. This file is huge and seems to get larger all of the time. There is no need to download a new copy of this file everytime. While it does change it is not that frequent. So please download the zip for it from here in this post or else grab it from the homepage: www.cygwin.com

Again, if you try to use the Frame Accurate Editing or DVD features of TyTool this dll is required. If you see a major popup window when trying you are missing the dll. Please unpack the DLL into the same directory as the rest of the TyTool files and executables.

--jdiner

Release: TyTool10r2...

TyTool 10r2 with everything... The attachment has the new versions of the tooset in it. All DVD extras and tserver versions are found within it.

VSplit HAS NOT BEEN updated to match this release of TyTool. Sorry. I will get it out as soon as possible. I just didn't want to wait on this any longer. Hopefully the next release will be no more than a week away.

Version 10 is a major upgrade from the earlier 9 series of TyTool. It adds Closed Captioning, a preference wizard, a host of bug fixes, better audio transcoding support, ever improving HD support, etc... etc... etc...

Please check the included docs for information about what has changed and why. The release notes for 10r1 augment the 9r series of docs. Read those as well if you are new to the tool. Also look at the lrhorer documentation for TyTool it is an incredible resource. And last but not least look in the help menu in TyTool itself for the QuickStart, FAQ, etc...

Highlights of the Fixes and Features in this Release:

145- Added the free'ing of the cut list to GopEditor. Very small memory leak.

163- On the load of the next file it now clears the current cutlist in GopEditor.

169- Added in support for PAL DVD menus.

188- Added an edit/update mode for a cut in GopEditor.

250- Pulled many of the options from the various menus in TyTool and put them into a separate wizard style popup.

360- If there is a FAE cut on “this frame” in the main window the editor will now start on it that frame when you re-open the edit in GOPEditor. Just a simple fix designed to make it faster and easier to tweak edits.

477- Added a quick template refresh option. This was requested by several people and was a nice feature to add.

490- Made the sort option for the NowShowing list sticky.

491- Fix a repeating audio (LayerII) header problem.

494- Tightened up the audio A/V sync. Found a way to make it even more accurate. Very few noticed the offset as it was from start to finish but found 1 stream where it was noticeable. Anyway it is currently fixed.

495- Added support for multiple-resets. Should work properly now no matter how many of them there are. This was has just cropped up time and again. Hopefully this time it will stick a fork in it once and for all.

496- Added an ***** check for the local dir setting not existing and then trying to process in it or download into it etc... This one should have been done a long time ago. My bad for just not putting it in place the first time it happened.

497- Change the default directory setting to c:\.

506- Took the preferences system and made it a true configuration wizard. 1 screen multiple panes. Much easier to navigate around in and find things now. Hopefully it will clean up the usage of TyTool and make it easier for beginners.

508- Added the naming switch option to the new Audio preferences dialog. It can now be either the .m2a file it was or the new .mpa that some people needed for the tools they were using.

509- Added saving and loading of the NameFormat to the TyTool .ini file. The NameFormat can now be created by the preferences wizard, and controls what files should be called upon download. You can pick which options you want in the name and order in which to use them. Should suffice for people that want more than the norm. (See the preferences wizard for a full discussion of this option.)

510- Made the main window resizable.

511- Cleaned up the main dialog with the new reduced menus. Now that things are in the wizard there was no need for the menu options.

512- Fixed the audio transcoding to set things right.

515- Cleaned up the filename fixing code.

516- Added, as mentioned above, a sizer control to the main window to make it more flexible. This allows for internal window sizing.

517- The window resizes at startup. Wasn’t remembering the previous settings.

518- Added a GUI option for a user controllable audio offset. There have been a few shows I have recorded at times where the audio is off, even when played on the tivo, for the entire show. There is now a feature to correct for this.

519- Added in the saving the new resized position and again it now saves the position of the internal sizer as well.

521- Set a new limit on the main report edit to make it much much larger.

522- Added in a GUI reset option to put it back to the standard size and position.

524- The local directory ***** check now works on the getParts function too.

532- Enhanced the auto-name feature to support a number of patterns.

545- Looked into the missing frames when doing FAE and what not for the HD stuff. Still a work in progress but it is better now.

546- Altered the audio skew message to only print if the value is non-0. This message is there mainly to help the user determine when it is on. Mostly for the case when it is on when not wanted.

547- Added a show-dos window to the menu dialog too.

548- Put in options on the auto-naming stop point.

549- Upped the size of the NowShowing buffer to support some of these extremely long Now Playing lists that people are getting from Tivos that are running massive drives.

551- FAE cuts were definitely busted on HD streams. Looked into it and it was just bad encoding. A new encoding mechanism is needed for FAE on HD streams.

553- Tried a different encoders. ffmpeg looks to be the best option. Produced nice output etc… But it is huge.

555- Looked at QuEnc that is ffmpeg based. The output is still great but the exe is even larger.

556- Needed and wrote a new parser for the ffmpeg results. Just can’t find a way to make it give back a non-mux'ed result.

558- Put the encoder choice into the preferences. I don’t recommend ffmpeg yet but it is there for those that want to test it.

560- Fixed the "use"/”^” button. If nothing was selected it was screwing up and copying just characters. Doesn’t do that anymore.

561- Can now use the ffmpeg and then the rest of the related tools to see what we get when making a menu.

563- And now menu's work.

569- Found and fixed an editing related field ordering bug in the decoder DLL when it was putting things into the y4m.

590- Wrote a cron-like program for the tivos to support a push mechanism from the tivo to the PC when idle as an alternative to the PULL mechanism like TyTool now uses. Can be used for many many things…

594- Tested the new dvdauthor against PowerDVD to see if it still crashes when reaching the very end of a show and returning to the menu. It appears not to. So an upgrade is definitely called for.

600- Compiled the latest Win32 version of DVDAuthor. Seems to be working just fine but takes different arguments than are being used right now. Kind of getting in the way a bit of a simple conversion to it.

606- Fixed a few more new GUI bugs thanks to the menu changes.

607- Dropping the dvdauthor changes. It is WAY more work than it is worth right now. Darn. (Hopefully someone else will get it compiled and posted.)

612- Many thanks to tpeter42 and dlang, with their help I got the autoconf stuff working so that I can try the CVS versions of various tools.

619- Fixed the wierd +1 jump in Main window in GopEditor immediately post a FAE edit. Side effect of the new 24bpp view.

620- Found the close caption data. They are located in a pattern of 4-8-4 bits in the TyStream header.

621- Looked at how spumux does close captioning. It makes them as a sub-pic using the DVD overlay techniques. Not true CC at all.

622- Looked into how does regular CC get put into an MPG? It is a packet in the video stream right after the GOP header.

627- Created a CC editing routine to match the processing involved with FAE editing.

637- Added a verbose/debug flag with various levels to the textual output from the CC processing.

638- Added CC insertion into the output MPEG/VOB to the code.

644- Fixed a bug in the edited output mode where it could corrupt the nodes that the CC data was using as place holders. Created some very very nice rather spectacular crashes.

646- Added the CC option to the preferences wizard.

647- Added the verbCC option to the same dialog.

651- Checked and fixed the reported chaptering issues with the new muxer.

654- Put some code behind the abort button in menu making. It will now actually abort. Before it wasn't disabled it just didn't do anything.

658- Added the CC generate line to the DVDAuthor call. This is needed for the program to know that it needs to turn these values on. Just including the data isn't enough.

659- Put the CC processing into the new format muxer as well. Gotta keep these 2 in sync for just a bit longer.

666- For chapters made a DBL-Click on the user chapter point jump to that spot in the stream. Just trying to make the editing simpler and more straight forward.

667- Changed the verbCC granularity. more options for greater control on the level of output.

679- Added an frame-order fix to the SA Tivo code. Occasionally things were getting screwed up. Feel lately like I kind of abandoned the SA world. Didn't mean to just stopped using mine. Going to try and get a Series2 SATivo unit. Make doing some of this better/easier/etc...

680- Cleaned up all of the CC code and got it production ready.

686- Something was leaving a lock open when making a menu. It was the file requestor. I changed a few settings on it and no more linger locks are in play. You can now delete things you are done with without haveing to exit TyTool first. Or creating a completely different DVD/menu/etc...

687- Fixed the re-position marching bug on top controls.

688- Made the same fix to the template loader. So that no more linger file locks were made.

691- Fixed the menu-repaint to active bug.

693- Fixed the GopEditor pos/size on close when not visible.

696- Fixed the close on TyTool to also always have the proper size.

700- Added in the new TyTranscode library.

701- Added in support for the SVCD format.

702- Wrote a stripper for the XVCD RIFF format info. Using this an SVCD format mpeg file can be turned into something that TyTool will process natively. This allows them to be cut, VOBed and turned into a file that will play on a true DVD.

703- Fixed the support for the 44.1khz audio. With Rowan's help proper support for some of the audio standards is now in place. Allows for better processing of certain VCD, SVCD, and downloaded MPEG-2 files.

704- Tested turning SVCD disks into DVDs. Worked perfectly. Not a bad way to go. Downloaded a few things and made a couple of DVDs with them.

708- Fixed the odd L2 audio bug in the S1 file. There were malformed audio records right in the middle of a stream. Seems to be a new bug in the date coming from the newere Tivos/TivoOS...

712- Got a couple of video problems like the one above wrapped in fixes to try and prevent that kind of thing from happening again.

714- Fixed the show type detection bug! S2 DTivo was coming back DTivo.

715- Fixed the FAE on start bug. Again!!! Had a typo that was using the variable size not side.

716- Fixed the preferences to actually use the altered IP when it has changed.

Preferences Wizard:

See the release notes for the full discussion of the Preferences wizard.

The following is an excerpt from the full docs focusing on the file naming portion of the wizard...

1- General:
    The General wizard pane is used to set whether or not it should make the output text file, the verbose level of the logging in the text file, whether to use the GOPEditor popup and so on… The Output directory can be modified here as well in the standard place within the Menu structure.

The new feature here is the ability to change the name of the file for use in extraction. For the naming option there are 2 listboxes, 6 buttons, and a sample display field. Within the 2 listboxes there are 5, technically 6, options for use in the creation of the name. Each of the 5 name field can be used only once in the order chosen by the user. To choose a naming option either double-click the entry or click it just once and then click the “Use” button. The space option can be used as often as desired within the list for visual spacing within the file name.

The available, read unused, options are found in the listbox on the left. The ones in use and the order they are used in are found in the listbox on the right. The clear, use, and reset buttons should be basically self-explanatory and simple testing will make their use clear. The 3 buttons on the right are Up, Down, and Add Space. Select an entry and move it up or down to change the order within the “Use Order:” listbox. Once a space has been added to the use order it can be moved in the same way. To remove a space or a name field from the use order simply double-click it. There is no explicit remove button.

When any change is made the display field immediately below the 6 buttons will reflect that change and what a sample filename would look like.

EDIT: 10r2 is just 10r1 with a working Series1 tserver binary.

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 12-20-2005 at 03:08 AM.

Errors during keyframe

Please move this if this is in the wrong place. I just tried this version to see if I can avoid errors I "started" to have with v9...
    I am getting this when I try to make keyframes and then the program will crash and close...Any ideas? Things used to be working great in v9 and I thought this newest version might avoid the problem.

........ 5100......... 5200......... 5300......... 5400......... 5500

.Unknown PES packet. Fix it dear henry...
    type = 0x8E
    Unknown PES packet. Fix it dear henry...
    type = 0xF5
    type = 0x60
    type = 0x70
    type = 0x3F
    type = 0x26
    type = 0x0
    type = 0x0
    type = 0x20
    type = 0x1A
    type = 0x1

Found an OOB packet... The Video Diff is: 00:16:00.515
    sVid is: 00:00:00.000
    largestVideoPTS is: 00:16:00.515
    BBB the PTS was bad, but the new SEQ check lines up|!?
    Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:16:00.447
    sAud is: 00:00:00.000
    largestAudioPTS is: 00:16:00.447
    Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 26679.083333 frames.
    Nope... Not in sequence... Skipping it...

type = 0x8E

Warning: Found a 0L PTS video record... Skipping...
    type = 0xF5
    type = 0x33
    type = 0x2A
    !!! BAD
    sample rate code == 32 (2)
    frame size code == 0x2 2
    Bit Rate == 40

bsid == 8
    bsmod == 5
    acmod == 4
    surmixlev == 3
    lfeon == 0
    dialnorm == 21
    compre == 1
    compr == 154
    langcode == 0
    audprodie == 0
    copyrightb == 0
    origbs == 1
    timecod1e == 0
    timecod2e == 1
    timecod2 == 825
    addbsie == 1

So far, so good. Just ran it on a short test video. (SD-DVR80, 6.2.) Made some FAE edits and muxed to MPG -- looks great, no issues.

Things I love:
    • The new Preferences dialog -- a BIG improvement!
    • Naming options -- very handy
    • CC support -- haven't really tested it yet but I shall
    • SVCD support

(Apologies if any of those existed in 9R18 -- the preferences dialog makes it easier to spot this stuff!)

It just so happens I have about 60 (yikes) episodes of my daughter's favorite TV show to edit and burn over the weekend, so I should get a good workout doing that. Let you know if anything hiccups.

Thanks, as always, for such an amazing tool, JD!
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Thumbs up

Thank You!

Two questions:

1) The tserver included in this zip. Is this the one modified to not need the NowShowing script? Should we replace our old ones on the tivo?

2) What's this about push? I don't see any documentation on that other than the release note mentioning it.

3) Thanks, as always, for all your effort creating such a great tool. You're an extremely important part of this community, and I hope you know how much we all appreciate your work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Druid
    1) The tserver included in this zip. Is this the one modified to not need the NowShowing script? Should we replace our old ones on the tivo?
    I haven't looked at it to see if it's any different than Jamie's tserver, but it definitely doesn't need the NowShowing script.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    I haven't looked at it to see if it's any different than Jamie's tserver, but it definitely doesn't need the NowShowing script.
    It is Jamie's version of tserver. I was talking about a different program that simulates the feature set of cron. Not sure how the 2 things got confused...

--jdiner

Outstanding! I can't wait to try this out.

tk

Got it up and running. What's the best way to stream the files to a pc?

I can't seem to get tserver up and running, I stuck it in /var/hack and then chmoded, do you see anything obvious ? I get a Tytool tserver error that states Starting the server failed. Never received the telnet prompt. Please check your setting and try again. I copied the shell prompt from telnet and pasted it to the server shell prompt string and still doesn't work.
    S2-TiVo# cd /var/hack
    S2-TiVo# chmod 777 *
    S2-TiVo# ls -al
    drwxr-xr-x 3 0 0 1024 Dec 16 05:38 .
    drwxr-xr-x 16 1048576 -1870528 1024 Dec 16 04:31 ..
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 31 Dec 16 04:02 bin -> /enhancements/va
    hacks/hack/bin
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 31 Dec 16 04:02 doc -> /enhancements/va
    hacks/hack/doc
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 31 Dec 16 04:02 etc -> /enhancements/va
    hacks/hack/etc
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 32 Dec 16 04:02 sbin -> /enhancements/v
    rhacks/hack/sbin
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 33 Dec 16 04:02 share -> /enhancements/
    arhacks/hack/share
    drwxrwxrwx 9 15633 0 1024 Dec 16 03:58 tivowebplus
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 158488 Dec 16 05:38 tserver
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydave
    Got it up and running. What's the best way to stream the files to a pc?
    With TyTool itself. Chek the faq on getting the server installed and running.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    I can't seem to get tserver up and running, I stuck it in /var/hack and then chmoded, do you see anything obvious ? I get a Tytool tserver error that states Starting the server failed. Never received the telnet prompt. Please check your setting and try again. I copied the shell prompt from telnet and pasted it to the server shell prompt string and still doesn't work.
    S2-TiVo# cd /var/hack
    S2-TiVo# chmod 777 *
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 158488 Dec 16 05:38 tserver
    Well it is exectuable so that is good. Make sure it went up in binary mode.

Telnet in manually and try running it.

Put the "S2-TiVo#" in the prompt section.

Watch the little window that pops up to see what is really being received.

Go to the FAQ and read the section on troubleshooting just this problem.

The default path in the config file is /var/hack/1 which is where I put it. If you don't have a 1 in your path but it is in the string you are going to have problems.

--jdiner

SVCD?!?! Ah, all that whining paid off, huh? ...or was it the bribes?...

Oh, man, just in time for the weekend. Christmas came early this year!
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Excellent news that this is out - thanks so much!

I'm trying to install it and I think I have done everything correctly. However when I start the server I get the following error message

Telneting to the TIVO...
    Connecting to '192.168.1.7'
    Connected...
    We got 'Welcome to the wonderful world of TiVo hacking
    Filesystem on / set to READONLY - type rw to make READ/WRITE
    TiVo: {/var/tmp} % ' which is the prompt!
    TiVo: {/var/tmp} % /var/hack/tserver -s /var/hack/NowShowing.tcl
    BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 46: elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!

Any ideas? PS Its on a UK S1 stand alone machine

Edit: I replaced the Tserver included in this download with that I had for version 9r18 and everything is working so it is probably an issue with that file.
    Last edited by mesaka; 12-16-2005 at 05:56 AM.