Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r1 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer
    You have to have 3.2 Gigawatts of electrical power and a modified DeLorean...
    Maybe that is why my computers keep blowing up. 3.21 gigawatts of power. More than a standard PSU can handle.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    I think jerseydave meant streamed viewing, not extracting. Newbie confusion.
    Ah. If that wa the case it definately confused me. But just in case that was the question, there is no way to do just plain viewing rather than downloading to a file. Sorry. That isn't what the tool is meant for. I believe there are other tools that do that now. TyStreamer or something like that.

OK, I see two lines in the release notes about SVCD but they don't explain the SVCD mux setting. What is that? Is it the pulldown support?
    That is the same old feature just a new way to control it.

The SVCD output muxes using the SVCD format of 2324 bytes per PACK versus the 2048 bytes of the DVD spec.

Previous to this using something like VCDGear you would get a HUGE file after processing for disk. It would take the 2048 and just add a ~280 byte padding block to each one. To try and prevent that I added the SVCD mode. That is all that TyTool does with it. To actually make an SVCD with the output data you still need something like VCDGear.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by logic_88
    Edit: Just tried burning the VOBs to DVDR and the CCs are there on a standalone DVD player. So I guess the CCs aren't in a standard "commercial DVD" format so PowerDVD doesn't recognize them? Anyway, thanks for the new feature!
    Check the "Closed Captioning..." menu of PowerDVD. It is the right-click popup on the main display window. I have to turn it on there to get it to show up in PowerDVD. But it does work for me in everything from Version4 up the my latest which is version 6 something...

--jdiner

Um, well that, and it isn't working quite right, here. When I first tried, I could not change the frame size. I exited the app and re-entered, and I could expand the frame horizontally using the mouse, but whenever I click on the frame, the lower right position jumped to 869, but I could not change it with the mouse. After changing the lower right corner to 1000 with a text editor and moving the frame around a bit, it jumped to 945, instead of 869. I fiddled with the values some more, and now it's working.
    Fiddled with the values in what? the .ini file? Just drag it around. That is what I do/did. It works here for me. Also try doing a "reset window" from the view menu. It puts everything back in a known state including all fo the resize code.

As for trying to set the size in the .ini file it is also affected by the sizer between the Now Playing list and the results area. So just changing one of the 2 entries in the .ini is a problem at best. Even though it doesn't render as something you can resize it can be. I tested it again here last night. Give that a while and let me know if you are still having problems.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by newlooper
    I see the same AC3 checkbox undoing itself. This is a great tool! One question though.. Is VSplit built into the menu so there is no manual vsplit anymore?
    Umm. I will have to look into that checkbox. It shouldn't be doing that so who knows.

As for the vsplit. No there will be another version. I plan to keep it up to date. I put in almost 60 hours at work this week on top of getting TyTool finished and out the door. I was just out of time. And since it was old I pulled it to prevent confusion. It will go back as soon as I can get to it.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by snoots
    Anybody know if this works or how to use it ? I would like to PUSH shows to my pc on a schedule at night while sleeping
    It wasn't the archive. While I still have the program itself, the connection to TyTool was lost along with everything else. I will be putting it back. At present it isn't working. I should have pulled it from the todo list file. But I was in a hurry and missed it.

Lots of stuff to restore and that part is one fo the main ones.

--jdiner

JD: You previously indicated that music channel streams would be working in ?this version? (next public version):

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...7&postcount=30

Just wanted to report that they in fact are not working. TyTool has a kiniption when it attempts to either generate keyfiles (not really concerned about that...I just noticed because I do it by default) or mux them.

Otherwise, great release, thanks

=== edit

I'm one of those crazy people who has no C: drive btw

Well, I have one intermittently actually. Relates to a system drive crash/rebuild issue.

===

Oh yeah, if anyone is getting "bus error" when they execute tserver, the problem is that they ftp'd the file to the tivo using text mode. Reup in bin mode, and then chmod it.
    Last edited by falcomadol; 12-17-2005 at 02:15 PM.

You have to have 3.2 Gigawatts of electrical power and a modified DeLorean...
    That's 1.21 Gigawatts, not 3.2.

Back on topic...THANK YOU for the resizeable GUI windows, JD! My 1400 x 900 laptop screen thanks you as well.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdizzy
    Ah well I am now! The main window doesn't have a little triangle piece in the bottom right (the tserver output window does though) so I didn't realise it was resizable. Nice.
    Hm, yeah. Doubleclicking the titlebar also does not maximize the window (nor does a maximize button appear), so I also assumed it wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    The "Fill AC3 holes" setting doesn't want to stay enabled here. Is anyone else seeing this?
    Confirmed.

TyTool 10r1 doesn't work with Maestro

Just in case anyone is wondering, TyTool 10r1 has the GOP issue with Maestro. I realise it's an unsupported combination, but thought I'd give it a try anyway.
    SVR 2000 running 3.0 with 1x160Gb and Lifetime Sub
    SAT-T60 running 3.1 with 1x250Gb and Turbonet over 802.11

Thanks for clarification

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    It wasn't the archive. While I still have the program itself, the connection to TyTool was lost along with everything else. I will be putting it back. At present it isn't working. I should have pulled it from the todo list file. But I was in a hurry and missed it.

Lots of stuff to restore and that part is one fo the main ones.

--jdiner
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to that option to save steps and time down the road.

Window Resizing in 10r1

Fiddled with the values in what? the .ini file? Just drag it around. That is what I do/did.
    That's what I am saying - with the initial install it wouldn't work, at all. Clicking on the border caused the window to instantly jump to a smaller window which could not be re-sized. Exiting the application and re-entering allowed the width to be re-sized with the mouse, but not the height. The mouse cursor changed when clicking on the border, but moving it had no effect. When I first looked at the .ini file, I only edited the lower right corner. Doing so caused the GUI to be re-sized to the manual specification, but clicking on the border again caused the window to jump back to a much smaller size and the mouse could not re-size the height. Only after I made a couple of changes to the other size parameters did it start working... Wait, see below.

It works here for me. Also try doing a "reset window" from the view menu. It puts everything back in a known state including all fo the resize code.
    I tried that and was able to reproduce the problem at least in part. After the reset, I went into the Preferences and set everything back as I like it, and the resize was working. I then started tserver, and the resize quit working. I tried minimizing the tserver window, but the resize was still locked. Then I hid the tserver window, and resizing started working again.

As for trying to set the size in the .ini file it is also affected by the sizer between the Now Playing list and the results area.
    Even when the border resize is locked, the Now Playing list can be resized, but whenever the TServer Output window is up, the GUI borders are locked...

Actually, I just did a little more testing. Clicking on the minimize button of the TServer Output Window causes it to minimize, but clicking on the border of the GUI causes it to restore, and then the border is locked. Also, it isn't completely locked. Clicking on the border and moving the mouse now allows the border size to be changed by about 5 pixels each time. Hiding the TServer Output Window or stopping tserver allows normal changes to the GUI border...

OK, I just reproduced the scenario where clicking on the border causes the size to jump . Cick on Reset window and exit TyTool. Open Ty Tool, start tserver, and drag the GUI window down and out of the way of the TServer Output Window. A click on the border will cause the window size to jump from 810 x 618 pixels to 810 x 492 pixels. The sequence of commands is significant, because if one starts tserver but doesn't move the GUI window, the jump doesn't happen, and the height and the width only allow 5 pixel changes. After moving the window, the height jumps and is completely locked, while the width still allows 5 pixel changes. Hiding or exiting the TServer Output Window at this point won't resolve the issue. Once in this mode, exiting tserver or even exiting TyTool and getting back in won't allow the height to be changed. The width can be changed, but not the height. Only resetting the window or manually editing the .ini file will unlock the height.
    Last edited by lrhorer; 12-17-2005 at 04:09 PM.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Suggestion

try doing a "reset window" from the view menu. It puts everything back in a known state including all fo the resize code.
    This isn't exactly a request, since I personally don't care, but you might consider putting in a confirmation / warning dialogue on this option. You and I and the other more experienced users can all no doubt restore all the preferences in a heartbeat (well 3 or 4, anyway), without any anguish should we acidentally click the option, but it's liable to cause the noobs some heartache and probably subsequent whining when they inadvertantly wipe out all their preferences.

'Just a thought.

OH, BTW, the preferences window is a great idea. You've done another fine job, Sir, under unreasonable circumstances. My hat's off to you. (Alright, shut up in the back row! Yes, you can see my bald spot when I take my hat off.)

CC Query

I have a question. What does the No Info, Display Basic CC Info, and Display CC Debug Mesages selection do? Does this relate to the output in the text file, to processing for the GOP editor, or does it relate to the CC display itself?