Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r1 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

correct. you should also set the priority of the copies at different levels to reduce disc thrashing if multiple instances are trying to do something disc intensive like generating keyfiles or multiplexing.

I typically have instances which are running extractions and 2 others open; one to make edits, another to multiplex.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Just change the IP address that you connect to; that's all I do...
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Also did you burn the files all the way out in both cases? And what tool did you use to burn it? I have seen jerky playback when the wrong version of Nero was used to burn the disk.

I hate problems like this one... Where it used to work but now doesn't...

EDIT: Where there any warning or errors from directly within TyTool?

--jdiner
    Please excuse my ignorance on this one, but what do you mean by "burn the files all the way out"?

When I burned the double layer DVD, I used Nero 6 (the lastest version of 6) because thats all I have that will do double layer. While I haven't watched the whole DVD yet, at least 3 shows I've seen have jerking problems. I remembered reading something about issues with Nero 6 and thats why I went back and redid the one show to see what would happen. That time I used an HP DVDWriter dvd200i drive with the RecordNow software that came with the drive and a DVD+RW disc. I still have the problem with the 10r1 version using the HP software. I dont recall having any errors inside of Tytools.

I'm going to do a little more fiddling with it, cut vs. uncut, and see what happens. I get back to you.
    Last edited by khig; 12-20-2005 at 04:01 PM.
    2 RCA DVR39 - 209hrs & 35hrs
    Hacks - Bash, Telnet, Mfs_Ftp, TivoWebPlus, USB 2.0
    6.2a, superpatch for HMO/MRV

Actually no. The LII audio bug is often related to some serious video damage in he file. For whatever the reason you are getting some pretty crap streams. I wonder why??? Rain fade? Snow on the dish? Trees? Buildings?

What signal strength are you getting on the transponder carrying showtime2?

--jdiner
    Sorry, tuned out for a bit. I have to check that later today. There's no video problems on playback from the Tivo, and I generally get perfectly good reception even with moderate snow and rain. I suppose it could be an issue specifically on that transponder (I only recently turned on the Showtime block).

Sadly not at the moment. I have to re-write the tools to get it to do that. I tried tee and other similar apps to accomplish that but none of them worked properly.
    Ah, fair enough!

But you have seen malloc errors is the encoder or in the dvdauthor tool where the other warning to mentioned is found? That isn't good. I have never seen a malloc warning/failure. Ever... I wonder what is going on.
    The malloc errors were in the FAE process windows. Also I think I saw something flash past about it using an NTSC profile, although my finished
    PAL vobs seem to look ok and cut in the right places. I will try to grab some screenshots of it happening.

By the way the audio offset feature is really great. I've fixed the lipsync on some shows (where the BBC was to blame!) quite easily by setting a jump, and a short length to process, and then trying different values.

Hi all,

I have hacked my DVR40 and have a proper Telnet and FTP connections via a Wireless USB adapter. I have installed the tserver file into /var/hack/TyTool/

My TyTool connects but does not receive the telnet prompt. I have tried a variety of Server Execute Strings and Server Shell Prompt Strings. I have named the Tivo Lauren and the telnet prompt that I get is Lauren-TiVo#.

I currently have /var/hack/TyTool/tserver as my SES
    Lauren-TiVo#/var/tmp$ as my SSPS

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your assistance. I really have tried to research this but I may not be understanding it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy RainH2o
    Hi all,

I have hacked my DVR40 and have a proper Telnet and FTP connections via a Wireless USB adapter. I have installed the tserver file into /var/hack/TyTool/

My TyTool connects but does not receive the telnet prompt. I have tried a variety of Server Execute Strings and Server Shell Prompt Strings. I have named the Tivo Lauren and the telnet prompt that I get is Lauren-TiVo#.

I currently have /var/hack/TyTool/tserver as my SES
    Lauren-TiVo#/var/tmp$ as my SSPS

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your assistance. I really have tried to research this but I may not be understanding it correctly.
    I just had the same problem show up myself, but that was after changing the prompt to colors. I suspect the color changes are ansi codes (or something) that need to be factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldheart
    I just had the same problem show up myself, but that was after changing the prompt to colors. I suspect the color changes are ansi codes (or something) that need to be factored in.
    I did change the prompt to color. It makes it a little hard to read so I was going to change it back. Did it solve your problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy RainH2o
    I did change the prompt to color. It makes it a little hard to read so I was going to change it back. Did it solve your problems?
    Yep, I removed colors and reset to default shell and it works now.

Well I uninstalled the color prompt and it still will not connect. Any ideas?
    Lauren-bash#/var/tmp$ is now my SSPS

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    When the server connection drops, TyTool will display an impossibly huge time and seems to stick in the extraction mode. Is there a way to detect the server is gone and abort the retrieval including some kind of user message?

Also, look at this screenshot. The extraction was working but the time display was negative. Weird.
    It should have. The first recv() call after a socket is "dropped" returns a -1 for a bad close. That is handled and things clean up. I just tested it and here on my dual CPU Win2k but just running tserver from a seperate telnet window and hitting Control-C. The transfer stopped immediately. No odd timestamp was shown for me as it went right to the "finished" message.

IIRC you were running XP as the client side host OS. I wonder if there is an issue there. I will try running it from my XP machine once you post a bit more information. How did the connection drop? What exactly happened? How did you know it was down? What OS are you running and please be as specific as possible?

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by dlang
    even if 3 frames out of every 100 have to be re-encoded that would still be worlds faster then re-encoding the entire stream
    Correct. Like I had posted I tested and tested and tested things. The average GOP length from a 1-hour prime-time DTV stream was 67 frames. Giving 4 re-encoded frames per GOP. So 4 frames roughly every 2 seconds (like I said a long long GOP) for 1 hour. 7,200 re-encoded frames if my math is right. Definately faster than doing the whole thing, but far far more than is being done right now with FAE editing.

To facilitate doing this I made a non-DOS version of the compressor. (Basically turned it into a DLL.) Something that I could setup just once and then run single frames through. Which lead me smack dab into another problem which put this on hold for me.

You have seen the speed of the decoder in current use. Not terrible but not great either. A little bit less than real time on anything other than a screaming box. To see the speed hit F1 on any GOP in a key file in GopEditor. That will decode and play "as fast as it can" every frame in that GOP.

Remember that MPEG is predictive. You need the frames before to get the "full picture" for a P-Frame. You need the frames before and after to get it for the B-Frames. We now have to decode "every" frame to get to the one we need to re-encode the new I-Frame replacement. Now I would re-encode on a P frame so we need far fewer or only the I-Frame and each successive P-Frame. But that has to be done on every GOP. 7200 re-encodes means a *3 or so decoded frames to pull it off. Not really a speedy thing to do in either programming time or processing time on a single stream. But it can be done. Do the heavier processing only when someone wants CC data and well you get the picture. But back to programming time only a few really want it so I had to question if it was really worth it given that using a forgiving player works with the current scheme.

it still wouldn't be DVD legal (as it's 480x480)
    Absolutely correct. It only changed the long gop lengths to the standard length or less.

it would beinteresting to know how frequently people bump up against the 31 item CC limit
    I can tell you that with ease. I tested for it and had to handle it in every file processed. Every single file I processed ran a foul of this size limit. Every single one. And many of my test files were < 5 minutes long. The worst I ever ran into was an NYPD Blue episode. Nothing but talk talk talk in that one.

DTV gets around in on our receivers by not using that structure. They look at the data in each frame is it is decoded for display. Which doesn't help us because the player hardware/software that we have to deal with is looking for the CC user data packet. A custom player could be written but it would be a limited use solution. So many, myself included, want DVD player playback not a custom PC app even on an HTPC.

the fact that the second frames CC space is used for other information is interesting. given the info that the tivo has on each show (exported as XML in .ty+ or tmf formats). what do systems do with the info from these fields?
    What do you mean what system? I can make my TV's do it by cycling through the closed caption modes. My main JVC has CC1, CC2, and a large text block that covers most of the screen in back. I have seen CC1, but never CC2. However the TV is using it because when powered up it will tell me I was watching CBS and the show is "XXX". That is where it is getting. I have never seen anything that filled in the large box title "TEXT" when I switch to it. No idea what it is...

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jmhenry5150
    How do you guys handle multiple TiVos?

I have 2 boxes and the only way I could figure out how to use tytools with both is to have 2 seperate apps...
    I made my first tivo 192.168.1.241 (for series 1) and my second tivo 192.168.1.242 (for series 2) and my new HDTivo is... you guessed it 192.168.1.243. I change 1 character in the IP address field and I am talking to the second tivo, or the third.

I have thought about a drop down listbox for handling multiple tivos but it doesn't save much time over a 1 character change.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by mrdizzy
    The malloc errors were in the FAE process windows. Also I think I saw something flash past about it using an NTSC profile, although my finished
    PAL vobs seem to look ok and cut in the right places. I will try to grab some screenshots of it happening.
    Uh oh. That means the auto-detection in mpeg2enc isn't working right. But it should. I forcibly set the resolution etc... when I call it. If you can find a way to reproduce it and get me a stream that does it I will look into it further. That isn't good.

--jdiner