Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r1 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    I can manually start the Tserver from telnet. I have tried all the different server strings and I know the server prompt string is correct because that's what telnet is showing. Any other ideas
    Upgrade to the new version of tserver it doesn't even use the NowShowing.tcl and doesn't have this problem.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by falcomadol
    I've got the Samsung SIR-S4120R. Software version 6.2-01-2-381.
    Humm. 6.2 was the culprit before too.

So what is going on when you process? Are you just seeing reports of the problem being fixed like that? or is something actually going wrong? Please be as specific as possible.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by falcomadol
    http://tystreamsample.subbuteoclub.com/samplestream.7z

Ok, just pulled a short stream down from Showtime2. It displays the issue described above and is a standard stream (no HDTivo here). I also included the log file from my "VOB-mux (new format)" operation.

There is also something else strange about the output VOB file. When it is played back in PowerDVD, it skips a lot of frames. This is probably related to whatever "fixes" are being applied to the "LII audio bug".
    Actually no. The LII audio bug is often related to some serious video damage in he file. For whatever the reason you are getting some pretty crap streams. I wonder why??? Rain fade? Snow on the dish? Trees? Buildings?

What signal strength are you getting on the transponder carrying showtime2?

--jdiner

Mtu

Quote Originally Posted by mike0151
    I had these problems last year and posted about them when I installed a Cisco VPN client on my systems (for work purposes). I used the client Set MTU software supplied to reset my LAN adapter back to default and that sorted the extraction speed without causing problems using the VPN client.
    I tried that. 'No joy. When I select the client, the PC thinks for a while, then pops up a dialogue saying something like, "The Cisco service is not running, please start... blah blah, blah", and then exits.

I also tried using ifconfig to hard set the MTU on the TiVo. 'Again, no joy. I get .6 - .7 MBps maximum in double socket mode.
    Last edited by lrhorer; 12-18-2005 at 06:02 PM.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer
    I tried that. 'No joy. When I select the client, the PC thinks for a while, then pops up a dialogue saying something like, "The Cisco service is not running, please start... blah blah, blah", and then exits.

I also tried using ifconfig to hard set the MTU on the TiVo. 'Again, no joy. I get .6 - .7 MBps maximum in double socket mode.
    Try this, it's the one that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Upgrade to the new version of tserver it doesn't even use the NowShowing.tcl and doesn't have this problem.

--jdiner
    I thought that Tserver was corrupt, the one that came with 10r1 or is there another one I should be using ?
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

I've got one an LII error that kills TyTool.
    When trying to generate the key file it prints the LII error several times then TyTool dies.
    The stream is 800Mb and is from a Sony SAT-T60. If you want it, let me know how - mail me at scarabus at gmail dot com

Generating KeyFrame File: G:\Sesame\Sesame Street--3.ty
    Detected Tivo Type: DTivo
    Detected Audio Stream Type: MPEG Layer II
    Final standardAudioSize = 588
    Final standardFrameLength = 576
    Final standardAudioDiff = 2160 or 00:00:00.024
    First Video PTS: 00:00:47.177
    ......... 100.....
    New LII audio bug Detected... Correction in progress...

!!! BAD
    sample rate code == 32 (2)
    frame size code == 0x3A 58
    Bit Rate == 160

bsid == 26
    bsmod == 0
    acmod == 5
    cmixlev == 2
    surmixlev == 2
    lfeon == 1
    dialnorm == 6
    compre == 0
    langcode == 1
    langcod == 157
    audprodie == 1
    mixlevel == 22
    roomtyp == 0
    copyrightb == 1
    origbs == 1
    timecod1e == 1
    timecod1 == 3485
    timecod2e == 0
    addbsie == 1
    ... and TyTool dies.
    Last edited by scarabus; 12-18-2005 at 06:41 PM.
    SVR 2000 running 3.0 with 1x160Gb and Lifetime Sub
    SAT-T60 running 3.1 with 1x250Gb and Turbonet over 802.11

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner

--jdiner
    JD, there was talk earlier in the thread about the tserver for SA Series 1 being corrupt in the 10R1 zip file, I was wondering it you had a chance to check that out yet.

Thanks,

Cobbmtn1

VPN Client

Quote Originally Posted by mike0151
    Try this, it's the one that works for me.
    Now that's weird, too. The file you sent looks exactly like the utility which came with my client (released 12/8/05), but when I use your utility to set the MTU to 1500 on the Gig interface, the VPN client works. When I use the one which came with my client, it doesn't.

Network Speed

Well, I've got Double Socket working by using the utility mike0151 sent me, but if someone wants to look into the Double Socket mode with an MTU of 1300 issue, I have Etherreal captures of the transfers. For some reason, the quite ordinarily expected pauses in the frame transmissions are much higher (sometimes well over 100ms) when the MTU is set to 1300. Attached is a Word doc showing the graphs.
    Last edited by lrhorer; 12-18-2005 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Added File

Well, I've got Double Socket working by using the utility mike0151 sent me, but if someone wants to look into the Double Socket mode with an MTU of 1300 issue, I have Etherreal captures of the transfers. For some reason, the quite ordinarily expected pauses in the frame transmissions are much higher (sometimes well over 100ms) when the MTU is set to 1300.
    One thing you might try is to use a crossover cable for a direct connection between the tivo and the PC. This could rule out/in the hub/switch between them as causing the problem.

For what is is worth, I use the Cisco VPN client software myself, and I run a gige adapter with jumbo frames (9000 mtu), and I've never experienced this problem. I'm running with Series2 hardware (240,264,540). It's been a while since I've booted windows -- I'll try it again to verify.

Network Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    This could rule out/in the hub/switch between them as causing the problem.
    How could it be? There are no errors or re-transmissions, so layer 1 and 2 are working. That, and like I said, layer 3 works fine for FTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    I'm running with Series2 hardware (240,264,540). It's been a while since I've booted windows -- I'll try it again to verify.
    This is a series I. Apparently the Series II doesn't have the issue with the 576 byte MTU, so Double Socket mode is not necessary. Are you even running Double Socket mode? I uploaded a snapshot of the I/O profiles in the previous message, and I can send you the captures, if you want. (BTW, I have confirmed pmtu is definitely working on outbound connections. Even with the MTU hard set to 1300, pmtu resets it to 1500 when the PC's MTU is 1500.)

Well I tried it with Ulead Video Studio and it crashes VS saying there is a problem with the source files. Is there an output that works with the Ulead products? I am using the new Multiplex Format. Should I be using the old?

JD,
    I just wanted to say thanks. I am sure you are getting overwhelmed by all of the bugs and "not bugs" being reported. You have worked hard and deserve a break.

How could it be? There are no errors or re-transmissions, so layer 1 and 2 are working. That, and like I said, layer 3 works fine for FTP.
    Theoretical arguments are fine, but experiments that verify theory are essential too. It's not hard to try; why not? Long pauses between transmissions sounds like flow control. I've seen many performance issues caused by flow control with ethernet switches. I don't know if/how the eth frame size might interact with the flow control, but it's certainly possible that it does.
    This is a series I. Apparently the Series II doesn't have the issue with the 576 byte MTU, so Double Socket mode is not necessary. Are you even running Double Socket mode?
    Yes: it is the default, at least with the tytool I'm using (still the previous version -- haven't upgraded yet).