Thread: MRV on the HR10-250

MRV on the HR10-250

QUESTION:

Why cant TivoServer be compiled for running on an HR10-250?

I wish I knew where to start and try. It would seem you strip down wsewells source to what makes MRV tick. then attempt to compile it for a MIPS (Series 2?) system. After clogging through hundreds of errors and changing the code to work with what is available for a MIPS compile, then it ""SHOULD?"" work?

But then, it has to somehow write to MFS. So then either learn how to do that, OR port the output through MFS_FTP, but from the tivoserver on the tivo, not an FTP client.

I am just testing the waters and sure there will be some feedback on how difficult it will be or IMPOSSIBLE for all that I know.

Or, maybe some good ideas where to start?

My newbish question is, can you get a compiler for the Tivo? Or are you limited to the TCL scripts and whatnot. I mean, I know zilch about development at this point and this can be a good springboard for learning.

EDIT: Lets just not talk about HD recordings at this time, inbetween HR10-250's would be good, but mainly talking about starting with SD programs only/.

After thinking, addiong the MRV lines to a HR10-250 is hard. (In the Now Showing List )

But it seems you could easily share what is ON the HR10-250 to other Tivos.
    Last edited by RavenStL; 12-18-2005 at 09:09 PM.
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moved out of the Series 2 Development Forum

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStL
    QUESTION:

Why cant TivoServer be compiled for running on an HR10-250?
    no reason at all, works fine. kinda slow but then tivos don't have much horsepower to spare

course, if the goal is hdtivo<->hdtivo mrv you would also need to develop a HMO client and tie it into the onscreen interface by snooping remote keypresses or myworld events (neither is particularly difficult)

or you could search a bit & use the mfs_ftp patches (various flavors by sanderton and others) that allready do the same things via ftp protocols

rc3105, do you have a version of tivoserver compiled for the hr10-250?

yep, and mrv client insert utils

all sorts of groovy toys, not really any free time to noodle with 'em though
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

Can you share?

Quote Originally Posted by sirfergy View Post
    Can you share?
    You don't realize how much you're really asking.

When the Unified Field Theory was first formulated here a few years ago, the developer explained how he'd love to make it public, but then he would have to provide support, which was just too big a hassle.

sorry, too many widgets with conditions attached

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105 View Post
    snooping remote keypresses or myworld events (neither is particularly difficult)
    RouterPlus? Happen to have any sample code you could share? I understand it conceptually, but I am still having trouble translating theory to practical.