Thread: Backup Hacked Drive

Backup Hacked Drive

So I have my hacked Tivo drive like I want it, hacks, season passes, etc. If I do a backup of it will it save everything or just the image ?
    Thanks
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Beuller,Beuller
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Depends on what you mean by "do a backup of it."
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

I mean using a boot disk and hooking hdd to PC and do a complete image backup(tivo.bak).
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Like Cheer said, it depends on how you did your backup.

If you backed up your tivo using the "dd" command, then your entire tivo, including recordings will be preserved. Similarly, if you backed up using the "mfsbackup -Tao" command, your entire tivo including recordings will have been backed up.

If you backed up using another method, or backed up using mfsbackup without the "-Tao" option, then the backup only contains your active FileSystem and Kernel partition, which will preserve all of your hacks and season passes, but NOT your recordings.
    Sony SVR3000 (322 hrs) with Lifetime
    TCD24004A (40 hrs) with Lifetime
    Manually updated to 9.3.1-01-2, All-In-One S2 utilities, Unofficial Superpatch-6789all, USB backport drivers, more to come...
    Series 3 Lite - unhacked (yet)...

Also note that if you have a Sleeper'ed tivo, mfsbackup may not actually make a working backup (I believe this is due to the wierd two-partition monte setup which Sleeper uses).

Quote Originally Posted by Tivonator
    Like Cheer said, it depends on how you did your backup.

If you backed up your tivo using the "dd" command, then your entire tivo, including recordings will be preserved. Similarly, if you backed up using the "mfsbackup -Tao" command, your entire tivo including recordings will have been backed up.

If you backed up using another method, or backed up using mfsbackup without the "-Tao" option, then the backup only contains your active FileSystem and Kernel partition, which will preserve all of your hacks and season passes, but NOT your recordings.
    That's the info I was looking for. Sorry I didn't know there was a difference. Thanks for the info guys.
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2