Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r3 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

TyTool 10r3 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Alright. The rules in this thread are the same as the last one for my tools. A great many things have been updated recently. And there are some pretty sweet features coming in the near future. But as always it is best to start with a charter for this thread.

Just like before these are rules for this thread, not the forum. If you want to discuss things deemed off limits here make your own threads and set your own rules. But if you decide to participate here then please follow the guidelines.

So the rules for this thread are:

1- NO FLAMES AND NO ARGUMENTS... I am through trying to be nice on this as it just plain does not work. I will without reservation delete anything that shows up here that could be considered either of the above. Enough is enough.

2- It has become clear that we have 2 distinct camps with zealots in both. Fine. Use my stuff. Use Olaf's. I couldn't care less. Many of us got dragged into a war we didn't know we were supposed to be involved in... So a new rule. We discuss ONLY my own tools here... Leave the rest in their own threads! This is not intended to be an attack but rather to stop them. You don't like me. Fine. You don't like my tools fine. You don't like those that use them. You're an ***** but fine for hating people you have never ever met so just go somewhere else.

3- NO ADVERTISING FOR OTHER TOOLS. Again this thread is again about Vsplit/TyTool. If you have something cool to use in place of or even with them the take it to a different thread. Any post by anyone about "you really should use X instead..." is gone the moment I or some of other mods see it.

This is still an open forum. Create your own thread and have at it. But such posts are entirely unwelcome here.

4- Feel free to discuss various OS/wishes/desires/etc.... At some point we should support as much as is possible.

5- Feel free to ask for features but be aware that I am making no promises except to work on things in general... I mean it. Ask. But don't hound me or anyone else, that accomplishes nothing. If you think of something that would be cool let me know. I will add it to the list.

6- I suppose I should say it... I reserve the right to disappear at any time. Just like you do. When life interferes hobbies get put on hold. Having said that it will be obvious when you look at the new toolset that I have been putting in a great deal of time on it. Hope that it helps every do what they want to with their Tivos...

7- Keep DVDLab, tmpgenc et all to a dull roar in here please. It might be better say that we are now 3 camps. TyTool, TyStudio, and TyTool with the output being used elsewhere. I don't mind the occasional this works with DVDLab/Tmpgenc etc... in reference to a problem someone asks about. But in the last while it has felt like we had dropped to advertising again. Please don't do that. There are a number of very good DVDLab threads here on the forum to do that kind of thing etc...

An important note!

Several of these programs require the cygwin1.dll to run. Some of the tools in the TyTool release, mpeg2enc and dvdauthor most notably, were compiled with the cygwin cross compiler. To run these require the presence of the cygwin1,.dll file. This file is huge and seems to get larger all of the time. There is no need to download a new copy of this file everytime. While it does change it is not that frequent. So please download the zip for it from here in this post or else grab it from the homepage: www.cygwin.com

Again, if you try to use the Frame Accurate Editing or DVD features of TyTool this dll is required. If you see a major popup window when trying you are missing the dll. Please unpack the DLL into the same directory as the rest of the TyTool files and executables.

--jdiner

TyTool 10r3 with everything... The attachment has the new versions of the tooset in it. All DVD extras and tserver versions are found within it.

VSplit HAS NOT BEEN updated to match this release of TyTool. Sorry. I will get it out as soon as possible. I just didn't want to wait on this any longer. Hopefully the next release will be no more than a week away.

Version 10 is a major upgrade from the earlier 9 series of TyTool. It adds Closed Captioning, a preference wizard, a host of bug fixes, better audio transcoding support, ever improving HD support, etc... etc... etc...

Please check the included docs for information about what has changed and why. The release notes for 10r1/2/3 augment the 9r series of docs. Read those as well if you are new to the tool. Also look at the lrhorer documentation for TyTool it is an incredible resource. And last but not least look in the help menu in TyTool itself for the QuickStart, FAQ, etc...

Highlights of the Fixes and Features in this Release:

725- Fixed the jerking/skipping DVD playback that so many have now experienced. The problem was internal alignment issues. I had been playing with MPEG-2 buffer management ideas way back when and parts of these were left in the code as a result. Sorry this one was just more of the same recovery issues.

726- Fixed the “new LII audio bug” that has plagued 10r1. Once again this one had been fixed but had been lost and what not. It has now been fixed for both the LII and Dolby audio streams. There should be no more endless repeating reports of this one. You still may seem it on the odd occasion, as there is a real bug it is trapping and trying to recover from.

727- Fixed the GUI resize bug. It was just a stupid, stupid mistake on my part. I used what seemed a perfectly good command to restore the window to its pre-minimize size and position when needed. But it was messing up the resize pretty darn solidly. Funny I never tried it the way some others here do so I never noticed… J At least this one was, at long last, just a “new” bug…

How to recover from the 10r1 jerky playback issues:
    Now for FredThompson and those others that used 10r1 to make a DVD and deleted, removed, lost, over-wrote, whatever the source files and now only have the “broken playback” VOB files. Here is what you do to fix the problem and get a good working vob.

Steps:
    1- Copy the IFO files from the DVD to a hard drive with lots of free room on it.

2- Using the /b flag, for some reason it is crucial, use the copy command to stitch the multiple parts of the VOB file back together again into a single file.
    i.e. copy /b VTS_01_1.VOB+VTS_01_2.VOB+VTS_01_3.VOB torepair.vob

3- Now we have a single file that is the entirety of 1 show. So we need to reprocess it through TyTool10r3 with this VOB as the source and the result as a new VOB file. (The VOB-MUX file(s) option in the menu.)

4- This file will now be called torepair.vob.vob. A rather terrible name I know but there you go. There will also be a torepair.vob.vob.chp file. Leaving you set and ready to make a new DVD with this as the source VOB.

5- At this point you are done with the VTS_01_X.VOB files.

6- Loop through the vob sets in this IFO file set and reprocess each one. If there are not multiple files for a single show just skip the copy statement and reprocess the single file into the new format and to create the .chp file.

7- Once you have all of the files repaired then just use them as the source for the menu, recreate the menu and you are off and running.

--jdiner

Testing now. Thanks and Happy New Year, you old coot.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

First impression: There should be a STFU option for "Ack. Couldn't find the cc node. How could this happen? Tell jdiner."

If there's no cc in something which is being remuxed, it shouldn't fill the screen with complaints.

Still testing...

edit: OK, my first test was remuxing some streams which were edited today with 10r1. All were larger after the remux except one. CC was enabled by default. The cc node complaint happened on streams which changed size and the one which stayed the same size. That's really odd.
    Last edited by FredThompson; 01-01-2006 at 01:45 AM.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Thanks for the update, jdiner.

tk

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    2- Using the /b flag, for some reason it is crucial, use the copy command to stitch the multiple parts of the VOB file back together again into a single file.
    i.e. copy /b VTS_01_1.VOB+VTS_01_2.VOB+VTS_01_3.VOB torepair.vob
    /b is the same as binary transfer mode in ftp. A plain copy A+B+C D results in an ASCII copy on DOS and windows systems, with any accompanying corruption that might entail

Checking this out. Still not sure how I missed an entire revision

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    First impression: There should be a STFU option for "Ack. Couldn't find the cc node. How could this happen? Tell jdiner."
    Hummm. Don't think I ever tested CC output on an MPEG-2 source. I can tell you right now as I look through it is isn't going to work. There is no CC parser in the VOB/MPEG reader. Never even occured to me to add one.

I suppose I could do so if there are enough streams to reprocess over all. But for 5 to 10 I don't think it is worth it right now.

But I agree. There should not be an endless repetition of the warning/error. I will put a stop to that in the next version.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by falcomadol
    /b is the same as binary transfer mode in ftp.
    But just a plain "copy file1 file2" does it in binary if that is correct. So it would seem that the + changes the nature just a bit too much. But I digress...

Checking this out. Still not sure how I missed an entire revision
    You didn't. The 10r2 release was just 10r1 with a working S1 tserver binary.

--jdiner

Have a happy new year everybody. I was going to wait until my clock said 12:01am to say that but I have been sick all freaking week long so I am going to bed.

Somebody ring in the new year for me... and then let me know how it went!

--jdiner

Hummm. Don't think I ever tested CC output on an MPEG-2 source. I can tell you right now as I look through it is isn't going to work. There is no CC parser in the VOB/MPEG reader. Never even occured to me to add one.

I suppose I could do so if there are enough streams to reprocess over all. But for 5 to 10 I don't think it is worth it right now.
    Huh? CC has to be inside the VOBs, right? Maybe I don't understand how the CC works. I'll go read the notes again.

There are probably more than 5-10 corrupted CC streams made by TyTool users. (I know, I know...)

Why are some of the remuxed files larger than the source but others aren't?
    Last edited by FredThompson; 01-01-2006 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Huh? CC has to be inside the VOBs, right? Maybe I don't understand how the CC works. I'll go read the notes again.
    I think Josh meant the TyTool CC code is for the initial stripping of the Tystream to vobs/mpeg, a different reader is used when remuxing from mpeg to mpeg, and the latter doesn't in any way recognize the VITS CC encoding, though it may or may not leave it unchanged.

So Mr. Guinea Pig, Fred my Man, let me know if all is well, so I can start clearing 450 Gigs of TCM streams.

Thanks for the updated code (and especially the opportunity to fix the jerky files - swmbo will be less cross now!). Just extracting for the first time in R3 and get the following error in the tserver output window..

SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'TYSTRM2 192.168.1.3 2571 297405/297411/297412/297413'
    -> '297405'
    -> '297411'

Warning: Wierd server window size...

Warning: Wierd server window size...

EDIT: It looks like that was a particular corrupted stream as I've tried others and they seem OK. I'll keep you informed!

I'll check the stream when the extraction is complete...
    Last edited by mesaka; 01-01-2006 at 10:38 AM.

Have a happy new year everybody. I was going to wait until my clock said 12:01am to say that but I have been sick all freaking week long so I am going to bed.

Somebody ring in the new year for me... and then let me know how it went!

--jdiner
    Happy new year to all from this side of the pond, too!

Thanks for this release... now please take it easy and give yourself a rest! I presume that procedure for using VTS_0Y_X.VOB files from a finished DVD will work with other vobs too. Hadn't thought of that before, that's great! Perhaps I can combine non-Ty vobs and TiVo recordings on the same DVD, good for when I download missed episodes from elsewhere

But just a plain "copy file1 file2" does it in binary if that is correct. So it would seem that the + changes the nature just a bit too much. But I digress...
    I didn't say that it was sensible, that's just how it works Technically speaking, Microsoft is chopping the end of file character off of text files when it attaches themm, additionally, if you don't specify binary files, it loses all those apparent "control character sequences" when it does the copy. You can concatenate a whole mix of ascii and binary files together though (alternate /a and /b when you want to change). It's a nifty tool for some very limited old school purposes.

Cat got smarter. Copy got superseded and no one bothered to make it smart.

I haven't had any trouble double muxing some test files. Additionally, the mux seems to be working properly on DD2.0 and DD5.1 streams. Yay!
    Last edited by falcomadol; 01-01-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Only processes part of a ty with no errors?????

JD,

I have been struggling with a weird one. I have part two of a show and the whole show is on the tivo and extracts in ty format, but when creating keyframes it bails out at about 1/3 of the show. There are no errors. Any ideas?

Detected Tivo Type: HDTivo
    Detected Audio Stream Type: MPEG Layer II
    Final standardAudioSize = 592
    Final standardFrameLength = 576
    Final standardAudioDiff = 2160 or 00:00:00.024
    First Video PTS: 00:03:52.106
    ......... 100......... 200......... 300......... 400......... 500
    ......... 600......... 700......... 800......... 900......... 1000
    ......... 1100......... 1200......... 1300......... 1400......... 1500
    ......... 1600......... 1700......... 1800......... 1900......... 2000
    ......... 2100......... 2200......... 2300......... 2400......... 2500
    ......... 2600......... 2700......... 2800......... 2900......... 3000
    ......... 3100......... 3200......... 3300......... 3400......... 3500
    ......... 3600......... 3700......... 3800......... 3900......... 4000
    ......... 4100......... 4200......... 4300......... 4400......... 4500
    ......... 4600......... 4700...

DiffTime = 290.344014 (290344) == 4.839067 Minutes

total = 620232704 (591 MB)

Done with 'L:\tystream\NEW TYS\The Triangle-Part Two.ty'...