Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r3 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind
    May we know what the drugs are (guessing they're for flu relief) in case one of your updates got infected (I know I got this flu from somewhere )?
    Hehehe. I am on amoxicillin for the sinus infection and the super infection in my lungs. I am also on budesonide which is apparently a steroid of some sort. (The last part said in my best Ah-nold accent...)

The antibiotics are actually helping. The other stuff who knows. I can't tell...

--jdiner

its not ah toommmuuurrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    The visual signal is supposed to be that the selected mode is show above the listbox in a textfield. When you double click it changes and shows the name of mode actually in use. A double click to select from a list seems pretty standard to me, coupled with the text above it should have been clear. Anyone else that uses the audio transcoding features wanna provide any feedback?

--jdiner
    I have to admit this fooled me in 10r1. My initial excitement at the huge speed increase was because I'd highlighted #6 and assumed it was selected/saved when it wasn't . Perhaps if the text line above could be more explicit ("Transcoding options: THE CURRENT SETTING IS:") - or just change it so that a single-click will select/save it, then it would be better. From a UI point of view it seems counter-intuitive to me that all the other items (tickboxes, radio buttons) take effect after a just single click, but the list needs a double click.

I wasn't going to mention it as once I'd worked out what was happening it was ok . But if other people are being caught out too and you did want to change it, I hope that's useful.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdizzy
    I have to admit this fooled me in 10r1. My initial excitement at the huge speed increase was because I'd highlighted #6 and assumed it was selected/saved when it wasn't .
    Hummm. It is still faster to make keys and mux. Sorry for the confusion. It was supposed to be clear. Or at least clear enough.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by laserfan
    This is very bizarre I think. Do your discs play smoothly on your PC? Do you have access to some other DVD players to try them on? If not, go to your favorite DVD player store and try your discs in some of the players there. Gotta find out if it's a player problem or something else at issue...

Interesting. Neither Nero nor Windows Media Player could play the dvd. VRD+ will play it but with the same jerky motion I see on the dvd player with CC turned on. I don't actually see the CC with VRD+.

The dvd player plays it just fine as long as CC is explicitly turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Video pixels (so to speak) aren't square, they're rectangles. Computer pixels are square. Pie are not square, they're round. Cornbread are square.If it was a simple typo in something you created, a quick fix to change the number/setting would yield proper aspect ratio. It's not a big deal, just seemed like a way to make things more compliant.
    AFAIK, television pixels are non-existant. You have line changes periodically based on alternating power current. As far as the TV is concerned (on NTSC), it doesn't matter how many "pixels" are on the line because the line is the same length (the display width) no matter what.

Should only matter on software players, if at all.

Damn, typing with a broken finger sucks.
    Last edited by falcomadol; 01-06-2006 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by falcomadol
    AFAIK, television pixels are non-existant.
    That's what "(so to speak)" meant. You are correct in that it all goes back to analog waves but those were broken into specified time intervals for digital video. It makes sense that way but the shape is still rectangular, not square, on display.

The alternative view is there is a conspiracy to make people buy TV equipment and computers and the two shall never work tegether properly.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

When a title is done playing it goes back to the title menu,
    could we have it go to the next title?
    unless it's the last title, which would go back to the title menu
    Also is there a way to make the Menu button and the Title button do the same thing?
    Any chance this could be added to the 10r4? Or even 10r5 or 10r6?

This is the thing most people ask why about the most
    when I make them a TyTool DVD.
    Last edited by JimBliss; 01-07-2006 at 02:12 PM.

Ack!

love your error messages!
    got the following message Vob/Mux'ing an Anime (edited for length):

Mux'ing (with cuts): G:\Tivo xfer\Spirited Away.ty
    Detected Tivo Type: Standalone -> US
    Detected Audio Stream Type: MPEG Layer II
    Final standardAudioSize = 880
    Final standardFrameLength = 864
    Final standardAudioDiff = 3240 or 00:00:00.036
    First Video PTS: 00:00:01.192

ACK! Couldn't find the cc node? How did that happen? Tell jdiner.

funny thing is it was in Japanese/ subtitles but no CC.

may be a corrupt file?
    will save file (7 gig/ I'd make it smaller or edit the offending bits if you give direction) in case you want to examine it.

I'll try ver 9 vob/mux, now.

ken

NEXT DAY: must be a corrupt file. Using version 9 Tytool, I did achieve vob files with no problem. DVDAuthor rendered a dvd file with no exception, but DVDShrink balked at the file citing memory and non-existing file problems. My cable service has gotten increasingly wonky. Service went bad with solar flares around Thanksgiving and never quite got back to normal. Thanks for listening.

ACK!
    Last edited by hepsnark; 01-08-2006 at 10:50 AM.
    TiVo Phillips HDR 212 Series 1 SA / v3.0 / 120 hr basic / Turbonet / Linksys / Athlon / XP
    TiVo to DVD: Hack bitrate to 720x480 resolution/ tytools (transcode #5) / nero 5.3

NowShowing.tcl

Quote Originally Posted by ronsch
    I was going to ask about that too. I did a search on the 10R1 doc looking for "nowshowing" and "tcl" and only found the references to fixes for the length of nowshowing.
    I haven't had a chance to update the docs for Version 10, yet, but try looking here:

http://fletchergeek.com/TyTool/Getting_Started.html
    Last edited by lrhorer; 01-07-2006 at 07:18 PM.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Quote Originally Posted by JimBliss
    This is the thing most people ask why about the most
    when I make them a TyTool DVD.
    Why? It is the norm for a commercial DVD? Well there you primarily return to the chapter menu. But since we don't have chapter menus you return to the menu you "came from". Why does it stick out as different?

--jdiner

Jerky playback

I had originally extracted a show (Rock Star INXS) from my tivo using 9r18, and had the .ty file saved on my pc. I edited the files using 9r18, and had the .key, and .cut files generated. These files sat untouched on my pc for quite some time, since I was too lazy to actually burn them onto dvd.

Today, I finally decided to finish processing the files and burn them to dvd. I upgraded to 10r3, since I wanted to have the latest and greatest version of the software. I did the VOB-Mux using 10r3, and then created the IFO-files also using 10r3. When I tried playing back one of the files, I noticed that about 30 minutes into the file there are some jerky spots (there may be some early cases, but this was the first place I noticed it, since I was fast forwarding to certain points to test). This is on my pc using PowerDVD v6.0 as the player.

I then tried Vob-mux'ing the file and creating the IFO using 9r18. Using the older version, the same file plays fine and I don't notice any jerky spots. Are there known issues with 10r3, that would cause the jerky playback? If you would like the file sample, please let me know (although it is quite large 1.2gb).

-steve

Got it workings with PgcEdit

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Why? It is the norm for a commercial DVD? Well there you primarily return to the chapter menu. But since we don't have chapter menus you return to the menu you "came from". Why does it stick out as different?

--jdiner
    If you want TyTool to act the way it does, that's cool.

I figured it out though, title to title play works, last title back to DVD Menu.
    Menu button now works
    How it works is to create a Root Menu for each title, and have the title Root Menu point back to the disc title menu.
    http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...412#post245412

Works great on all the DVD Players I play TyTool DVDs on, hasn't broke one yet.
    Not sure it's in DVD specs or not, I don't really know a lot about ifo files.

No more...
    Jim why doesn't the menu button work?
    Jim why doesn't it play the whole way though?

BTW...
    Thanks for TyTool it's a great app.

>>>JimBliss<<<

Hi,

Just installed TyTool 10r3 on Windows XP Pro SP2 and my hacked DirecTV Hughes DSR7000 running 6.2. I'd like to ultimately produce an MPEG4 w/H.264 for my new iPod Video (and want to watch programs on my laptop on flights using QuickTime). My TiVo is set for widescreen video. I've used Multiplex mode and am able to create MPEG2 files on my laptop. But I find that playing these MPEG2 files using Windows Media Player 10 results in the wrong aspect ratio. Also, there's some noise at the top of the video in the first line (some white shows up here and there). Is there a way to select the aspect ratio and cropping as it's transferring from the TiVo? I was thinking of functionality along the lines of TiVoTool for the MacOS X (but for Windows).(http://www.tivotool.com/ss/ss.html).

First of all, your DirecTivo doesn't do widescreen. Yes, there's a setting for your tv type, but it's meaningless. Everything the DirecTivo records is 4:3.

The line you see is actually present in the stream and is normal. It's usually not visible on TVs as it's part of the overscan, but it contains such things as CC information.

So far my experience has been that if I run them through Videora iPod Converter they look perfectly normal on the iPod. Otherwise you'd have to crop with something like Avisynth.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.