Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r3 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Once I copied the old ini.file everything worked fine.I noticed back in the 10r1 thread that someone else couldn't get patch ac3 holes to stick.I'm running XP SP2.Never had this problem before.O.K.At the moment but a pain if I want to change the transcode preferences.(Back to V 9 ,set preference, copy and paste ini.file into V10.3 Directory).
    Any ideas jdiner?
    Thanks

Well it would appear I have tracked down the problem with direct mux on extraction from an HDTivo. Somewhere in the midst of keeping the 2 routines in sync I re-used a variable it looks like. Just tested it and pulled a 3gig stream without issue...

A few more things before I release this next version.

--jdiner

Why does the IFO creation process set the resolution at 704x480 for DTiVo source? Shouldn't it be 720x480 because 480 width is 2/3 D1 which means full D1 is 720, not 704. 704 is the "safe" width which includes a player-generated 8-pixel TV overscan block on each side.
    Last edited by FredThompson; 01-03-2006 at 09:49 PM.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

I've been using TyTool for a long time now, and I have a small suggestion for an additional option in the preferences.

An "Output Directory = Input Directory" option would be much appreciated. Every time I change the input directory I immediately change the output directory as I like to keep all the files for one program together.

Not a high priority issue, but something to think about.

Many thanks for all the good work,

Martin
    Last edited by mjk47; 01-03-2006 at 10:01 PM.

CC questions

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Quick howto hack to enable CC. As noted, this is a remporary fix until TyTool sets the status bit automagically.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...734#post244734

jdiner should this be done by hand for now?
    I have not needed to do this, my XBOX plays the CC,
    but is this the more correct way to handle it?
    Or did you not do this because the CC are in a non standard format,
    and it's handled better if this bit is incorrect? (so things don't crash)

My XBOX vs. the HDVR2 6.2,
    the XBOX plays the CCs too fast,
    the HDVR2 plays the CCs normal speed.
    Can we expect this improve?
    Or is it something to do with the way the XBOX passes the CC info?
    Is there anything that can be done?
    I know a decent amount of people that could really use the CCs

Thanks for all your work on TyTool

thanks...

jdiner,

Just want to say thank you for tytool. I've had it for some time but haven't really found a need to take files from the Tivo to my PC... Well I have now and your app is extremely easy to use, is super-fast, and has everything I need.

My process is: tystream the video to my PC with automatically generated key file, edit the commercials out, multiplex to mpeg, then convert the mpeg to XviD or DivX using Auto-GK (http://www.autogk.me.uk/). Too easy!

I'm sure I'll come up with suggestions for ehancements as I use this more, but really just wanted to thank you for all your efforts.

jt

Generate a keyfile and start to edit. Click on either FAE button. Move the position slider, move the window, whatever, just don't click on the accept button. Click on the OK button.

That will create a 0-offset FAE cut point and the muxing operation will fail.
    Bummer. Another real bug. I had messed it up with one of the editing changes. It used to default to -1 and show nothing on the FAE window start. I altered it to go to the 0 field and it threw off the checks to make sure you had something real select. The checks where actually there. Repair both processes and now you can't get the bad processing you mentioned.

Is there an INI statement to set the audio patching for AC3? If so, what is it? It's not PATCHAC3...
    I have no idea. I haven't gotten to this one yet. Apparently it doesn't work. Thats all I can tell you.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by mustrum
    Great work jdiner
    Whilst testing I've found an issue with the new preferences window.Setting audio transcoding doesn't seem to work.I've copied my old ini.file from a previous version as a work around.This seems to be the only way to get mode 8 to stick.Anyone else come across this?
    Works here. What mode you were trying to set it into? 8? Is that the only one that doesn't work for you?

And copying in the old .ini file would fix it for just 1 run. Then it would be reset as you leave and be whatever other value on exit...

--jdiner

Any ideas jdiner?
    Yeah. Either wait for a fix or use 9rXX until I get one out.

--jdiner

Why does the IFO creation process set the resolution at 704x480 for DTiVo source? Shouldn't it be 720x480 because 480 width is 2/3 D1 which means full D1 is 720, not 704. 704 is the "safe" width which includes a player-generated 8-pixel TV overscan block on each side.
    Because that is what DVDAuthor does. It looks for the smallest value >= to the value found in the stream. Just because the 4:3 means it is going to be scaled on display does NOT indicate the final resolution being 720. 640 would be the final horizontal resolution during playback.

So it picks the first one larger and legal and uses it.

Why does this cause you concern? If you really want it changed then use ifoedit and change the value. Since it is a DVD playback only flag it is controllable with that program.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47
    I've been using TyTool for a long time now, and I have a small suggestion for an additional option in the preferences.

An "Output Directory = Input Directory" option would be much appreciated. Every time I change the input directory I immediately change the output directory as I like to keep all the files for one program together.

Not a high priority issue, but something to think about.
    If you don't set an output directory at all, then the input directory is automatically used as the output directory. Keeping everything together. This is also how I use it and was the default behaviour. The output directory was added to try and help those that had burned to CD/DVD in hopes of a program like TyTool at some point in the future.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by JimBliss
    jdiner should this be done by hand for now?
    Yeah. It was being done automatically. But that code got eaten. I will put it back at some point.

My XBOX vs. the HDVR2 6.2,
    the XBOX plays the CCs too fast,
    the HDVR2 plays the CCs normal speed.
    Can we expect this improve?
    Or is it something to do with the way the XBOX passes the CC info?
    Is there anything that can be done?
    I know a decent amount of people that could really use the CCs
    The speed issues with the CC are new to me. What do you mean by they play to fast? The flicker on the screen? They don't stay long enough to read? What?

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner

And copying in the old .ini file would fix it for just 1 run. Then it would be reset as you leave and be whatever other value on exit...

--jdiner
    It does not reset after exit.Reopened and the setting for mode 8 are still set.This suits me as it's the mode I use when muxing .tyfiles.But it still means patching the ini. file if you want to change it ,which defeats the object of the audio preference window.

SOLVED - Garbled video - Not a TyTool issue

Quote Originally Posted by djflux
    I've been trying to use TyTool 10r2 and 10r3 to make some VOB/IFO and the video is garbled.
    My issue with garbled video was not a TyTool issue. It looks as if both software DVD players I have on my laptop do not like something about the files on the DVD - possibly the non-standard DTivo 480x480 video resolution.

I tried playing the created files on another laptop with a third software DVD player and the DVD played just fine.

My apologies.

FYI, Here are the software players with which I was having problems just in case someone has similar issues:

nvDVD 1.50.00
    PowerDVD DX 5.1

Thanks to jdiner for the INCREDIBLE tool!

Regards,
    Flux.

It does not reset after exit.Reopened and the setting for mode 8 are still set.This suits me as it's the mode I use when muxing .tyfiles.But it still means patching the ini. file if you want to change it ,which defeats the object of the audio preference window.
    Hummm. It writes that file every time. if it is remembering it then the reading and setting in the files is fine and it would appear that setting it in the preferences GUI is what is off. So I will repeat what I asked before. Which mode or modes have you tried setting it to?

--jdiner