Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Alright. The rules in this thread are the same as the last one for my tools. A great many things have been updated recently. And there are some pretty sweet features coming in the near future. But as always it is best to start with a charter for this thread.

Just like before these are rules for this thread, not the forum. If you want to discuss things deemed off limits here make your own threads and set your own rules. But if you decide to participate here then please follow the guidelines.

So the rules for this thread are:

1- NO FLAMES AND NO ARGUMENTS... I am through trying to be nice on this as it just plain does not work. I will without reservation delete anything that shows up here that could be considered either of the above. Enough is enough.

2- It has become clear that we have 2 distinct camps with zealots in both. Fine. Use my stuff. Use Olaf's. I couldn't care less. Many of us got dragged into a war we didn't know we were supposed to be involved in... So a new rule. We discuss ONLY my own tools here... Leave the rest in their own threads! This is not intended to be an attack but rather to stop them. You don't like me. Fine. You don't like my tools fine. You don't like those that use them. You're an ***** but fine for hating people you have never ever met so just go somewhere else.

3- NO ADVERTISING FOR OTHER TOOLS. Again this thread is again about Vsplit/TyTool. If you have something cool to use in place of or even with them the take it to a different thread. Any post by anyone about "you really should use X instead..." is gone the moment I or some of other mods see it.

This is still an open forum. Create your own thread and have at it. But such posts are entirely unwelcome here.

4- Feel free to discuss various OS/wishes/desires/etc.... At some point we should support as much as is possible.

5- Feel free to ask for features but be aware that I am making no promises except to work on things in general... I mean it. Ask. But don't hound me or anyone else, that accomplishes nothing. If you think of something that would be cool let me know. I will add it to the list.

6- I suppose I should say it... I reserve the right to disappear at any time. Just like you do. When life interferes hobbies get put on hold. Having said that it will be obvious when you look at the new toolset that I have been putting in a great deal of time on it. Hope that it helps every do what they want to with their Tivos...

7- Keep DVDLab, tmpgenc et all to a dull roar in here please. It might be better say that we are now 3 camps. TyTool, TyStudio, and TyTool with the output being used elsewhere. I don't mind the occasional this works with DVDLab/Tmpgenc etc... in reference to a problem someone asks about. But in the last while it has felt like we had dropped to advertising again. Please don't do that. There are a number of very good DVDLab threads here on the forum to do that kind of thing etc...

An important note!

Several of these programs require the cygwin1.dll to run. Some of the tools in the TyTool release, mpeg2enc and dvdauthor most notably, were compiled with the cygwin cross compiler. To run these require the presence of the cygwin1,.dll file. This file is huge and seems to get larger all of the time. There is no need to download a new copy of this file everytime. While it does change it is not that frequent. So please download the zip for it from here in this post or else grab it from the homepage: www.cygwin.com

Again, if you try to use the Frame Accurate Editing or DVD features of TyTool this dll is required. If you see a major popup window when trying you are missing the dll. Please unpack the DLL into the same directory as the rest of the TyTool files and executables.

--jdiner

TyTool 10r4 with everything... The attachment has the new versions of the tooset in it. All DVD extras and tserver versions are found within it.

VSplit HAS NOT BEEN updated to match this release of TyTool. Sorry. I will get it out as soon as possible. I just didn't want to wait on this any longer. Hopefully the next release will be no more than a week away.

Version 10 is a major upgrade from the earlier 9 series of TyTool. It adds Closed Captioning, a preference wizard, a host of bug fixes, better audio transcoding support, ever improving HD support, etc... etc... etc...

Please check the included docs for information about what has changed and why. The release notes for 10r1/2/3 augment the 9r series of docs. Read those as well if you are new to the tool. Also look at the lrhorer documentation for TyTool it is an incredible resource. And last but not least look in the help menu in TyTool itself for the QuickStart, FAQ, etc...

Highlights of the Fixes and Features in this Release:

737- Looked at the bad stream I got from forum member rbreding. Had some odd issues at the very start. It was nothing but audio for the first several chunks. And I mean nothing which is odd. Normally there are CC and other formatting and spacing entries. It was throwing the detection routines off. This has been fixed and while this stream works now it is just 1 more potential issue down.

738- Added support for the jump option to the MUX-on-Download feature. There are times when jumping in just a bit is really what is needed. So now it does that even on download when trying to directly produce a playable file.

739- Fixed the problem with the HD MUX-on-download that KMT and other users were experiencing.

747- Added the Strip RIFF code back into TyTool. This feature was present but got lost in the recent disk problems. The entry shows up in the menus below the Split File(s) option. What it is used for is to strip the CDXA RIFF formatting information from an SVCD mpeg file. I have found a few things from various sources that were sent to me as an SVCD CD. I wanted to put them onto DVD with menus etc... So I wrote this handy dandy little option. It pulls everything from the file that isn't data. The resulting file as an MPEG-2 PS that can then be processed with TyTool to cut the start and end if needed, and then be turned into a VOB so that it can be used as the source for the creation of a DVD. Using the Attach VOB feature you can turn multiple disks into 1 "show" on a DVD. Usefull in certain circumstance.

748- Fixed the "0 cut point" problem that FredThompson reported. The problem was entering the FAE window and then exiting using the ESC key rather than the close button. The actual check for it was turned on in 10r3 so that if it was being done before it was OK. Now you can't generated the bad cut point in the first place.

--jdiner
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm getting my 30 minute meals programs now using the R4 version

If I have a program on my tivo that has 3 parts, but I know the part I wish to keep for my dvd is on the last of the 3 files. Do I still need to download all 3 parts for the editing/vob/ifo to work correctly or can I just use the one part and edit it.(it seems to work in the gopeditor but I had some DVD menu issues before that I haven't figured it out)
    Thank you.

Hi JD,

Not sure if you received my email, but it would be nice if a total of the bytes used on the Tivo was displayed on the TyTool screen. I figured this would be easy since you're already displaying the size of each TY file. I've attached a jpg with an idea of what I'm talking about.

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

A Small Request

Hi, first let me say great utility!.
    Anyway, is there a way in this version to author a DVD with the ability to play all tracks on a disk in order without having the disk go back to the menu after every track? fitting 12 eps of a show on one disk is great, but having to reach for the remote after every track finishes takes away from the enjoyment of the disc. Every other dvd-authoring program i've used has this option. Am I missing the option somewhere, or (hopefully) are you going to add this option in a future release. Thanks!

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by myself62
    Hi, first let me say great utility!.
    Anyway, is there a way in this version to author a DVD with the ability to play all tracks on a disk in order without having the disk go back to the menu after every track? fitting 12 eps of a show on one disk is great, but having to reach for the remote after every track finishes takes away from the enjoyment of the disc. Every other dvd-authoring program i've used has this option. Am I missing the option somewhere, or (hopefully) are you going to add this option in a future release. Thanks!
    Check the Extraction forum -- someone else just created a thread with instructions on how to do this.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Thanks for the redirect. I kept getting 0 search results. Chain Play was the key word I needed! I will try this tonight, sounds pretty easy.

Would someone help me out with this please, My eyes are burning from lack of sleep.

With PowerDVD as well as roxio player my dvd plays fine,
    when I take it to my apex660 the menu's work but it freezes up in under a minute and a half of playing any one of the programs. windows media player 9 doesn't see it in the drive.

I go through the step by step example procedure of getting the video from tytool, make the keyfiles/edit keyfiles /edit commercials create the vobs/ ifo/ simple menu with a bmp background. I saw it asked on another thread if it is freezing at the cuts but it is well before the 2nd cut (I cut the 30 second intro out of each) so it is between the 1st and 2nd cut. I use the default 5 minute chapter so I don't think thats it.

I searched and found it blamed on the media but I can make a copy of another dvd using dvdshrink and it plays with the same media, no problem.
    I'm using roxio's media creator /copy DVD

I'm about to give up on this.
    Thanks,

Would someone help me out with this please, My eyes are burning from lack of sleep.

With PowerDVD as well as roxio player my dvd plays fine,
    when I take it to my apex660 the menu's work but it freezes up in under a minute and a half of playing any one of the programs. windows media player 9 doesn't see it in the drive.

I go through the step by step example procedure of getting the video from tytool, make the keyfiles/edit keyfiles /edit commercials create the vobs/ ifo/ simple menu with a bmp background. I saw it asked on another thread if it is freezing at the cuts but it is well before the 2nd cut (I cut the 30 second intro out of each) so it is between the 1st and 2nd cut. I use the default 5 minute chapter so I don't think thats it.

I searched and found it blamed on the media but I can make a copy of another dvd using dvdshrink and it plays with the same media, no problem.
    I'm using roxio's media creator /copy DVD

I'm about to give up on this.
    Thanks,
    Hi, I've had trouble with the vob files made in tytools on occasion. Not the same exact problem as yours, but this may work for you to. Extract your files from the tivo with "Multiplex mode" set in tytools. For the best quality, open the tytools.ini file in you tytools folder. Change the mpeg quality setting to "2". This way you will have mpeg-2 files on your drive. To edit the files and save them as vob's, download the demo of Videoredo (google or yahoo search will direct you to their website). Open the files in videoredo, do your edits and then save them as vob's. The demo will run for some time and then you will have to buy a license. I think you will find it well worth the price. anyway, this method works for me and the dvds i've made have all payed perfectly on any player i've used (with the exception of a friends mid 1990's dvd player).

Quote Originally Posted by myself62
    For the best quality, open the tytools.ini file in you tytools folder. Change the mpeg quality setting to "2". This way you will have mpeg-2 files on your drive.
    That is of course NOT what that flag does. You always have MPEG-2 data. That being the only thing that will come off of tivo. Of any flavour.

The flag you change manually lowers the quality of the re-encoded piece right around a but. Set at 1 on true INTEL CPUs the re-encoded segment suffers from overflow issues and becomes extremely blocky and grainy. (The re-encoding takes place only right around a FAE cut.) At 2 the quality is visually lower but it works on both AMD and INTEL CPUs.

--jdiner

series 2 support?

I would like to know if series 2 tivos are supported yet? I have been away for the forum for some time and I now have a series 2 tivo and I would like to know tytool will work for extraction and mpeg creation form either .ty from extration or .tivo from extration with tivo to go? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by electrocit
    I would like to know if series 2 tivos are supported yet? I have been away for the forum for some time and I now have a series 2 tivo and I would like to know tytool will work for extraction and mpeg creation form either .ty from extration or .tivo from extration with tivo to go? thanks.
    Uh yeah. Have been for what? 2 years now.... I would have to go back and look but it has been a very very long time.

--jdiner

Quote:
    Originally Posted by myself62
    For the best quality, open the tytools.ini file in you tytools folder. Change the mpeg quality setting to "2". This way you will have mpeg-2 files on your drive.

That is of course NOT what that flag does. You always have MPEG-2 data. That being the only thing that will come off of tivo. Of any flavour.

The flag you change manually lowers the quality of the re-encoded piece right around a but. Set at 1 on true INTEL CPUs the re-encoded segment suffers from overflow issues and becomes extremely blocky and grainy. (The re-encoding takes place only right around a FAE cut.) At 2 the quality is visually lower but it works on both AMD and INTEL CPUs.

--jdiner
    Sorry about my c****y typing . I was trying to say that in multiplex mode you end up with mpeg-2 files on the computer. If I understand right you are saying that all files that come off a tivo are mpeg2? That's what I thought except that my video editing programs will not open .ty files but do open the multiplex mode files. Can I rename .ty files to .mpg and then work on them without the quality loss? What would you recommend as the best quality setting for a p4 intel system? I think it was on "0" for default? Whats strange is that the quality setting doesn't seem to change my final output. The files all seem to look real good. I thought I read in a different thread that a "2" quality was best. (I guess I should have read it again.
    Thanks for the great info.
    Rob

Ty files are mpeg2 but not in the same format that can be recognized by most mainstream programs. You first have to multiplex them to mpg files using TyTools. The last time I checked, using the Multiplex mode for extraction was a bit quirky by jdiner's own admission. You'd be better off extracting in TyStream mode and then muxing the ty files after extracting them to your PC.

BTW, whatever gave you the notion to edit the tytools.ini file to change the resolution? All you could possibly do is make it worse since there's no way to improve the quality of the video after the fact.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

BTW, whatever gave you the notion to edit the tytools.ini file to change the resolution? All you could possibly do is make it worse since there's no way to improve the quality of the video after the fact.
    I Know I read it somewhere, not here at ddb, I thought it was at the tytools home page. I really don't remember, it was about 6 months ago. There's no way I would have figured it out by myself . So, let's see, I changed settings I shouldn't have. I am using a "lossy" transfer method, and the final dvd's look great everywhere I've played them. That makes me like this program even more! lol. I always thought the tystream mode was the best option, but I was having trouble with alot of the .ty files being corrupt. (tytools9r18) would crash whenever i tried to work with the .ty files. I don't think it had anything to do with tytools, but rather than figure out where my system was screwy I just used multiplex mode to transfer the files (which has worked flawlessly on 100% of the files I've transfered). Once I got used to using the other software for editing I stayed with the method. I noticed only minimal loss of quaility. I just got tytools10r4 and will try to do things the "right way" tonight.
    Thanks for the help!
    rob.