Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by ADent
    TiVoWebPlus I think shows free space (aka the space deleted shows take up). If you keep Suggestions turned on you can use them as a gauge of disk space available.
    I looked at this kind of thing once before. But it had some issues. They same code and approaches didn't work on all tivos and various OS versions. It would work on my 3.X S1 box but didn't on my S2. Might have been solved by now but I haven't looked at it any further. I see no point in adding things to the tool that just don't work right anyway.

--jdiner

JD,

I have never sent you a segment but would be more than happy to. In R3 we talked about a segment that downloads fine but does not make a keyfile properly. It starts and then bails out without an error. If I mux it, it will convert to mpg without issue. Please let me know where to drop it and I will gladly send it. If there is something wrong with the segment I will just live with it, but if there is a chance, I would like to save it from those "other tools" .

This is of course based on your recovery period from the "bug" you have.

Let me know if you are up to it.

-newlooper

QuadraQ,

This is why I requested from JD that he summarize the TY file size within the GUI. Some quick mental math and one can get a feel for how much free space there is.

John

Quote Originally Posted by kemac
    After further investigation it appears I cannot retrieve a show with greater than 32 parts. "Get parts" doesn't provide anything in its part list after 32 fsIDs so I am unable to retrieve the full show even when using "get parts".
    I am having this same issue (posted in the 10r3 thread), though I did not see a solution or work around.

Basically, this show has over 60 parts. TyTool's get does not work with it. Tried "Get Parts" and was able to retrieve the first 36 parts. Tytools shows an incomplete parts list.

I know the part numbers for the rest of the parts, is there a way to retrieve these missing parts w/ tytool, or any other tool?

I tried retrieving the ty with mfs_ftp but the extracted file has serious audio/video sync issues. I havent tried pulling in tmf format, would this retrieve a ty for each part? Though, I'd like to stick with tytool since I never have the a/v sync issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcat400
    I am having this same issue (posted in the 10r3 thread), though I did not see a solution or work around.
    That is because there isn't one. Right now it is a hard coded limit. Regardless of what you "want" to be the case your option is to wait until it gets fixed.

I am working on lots of things and I get to things as I can...

EDIT: Try to keep in mind that when things first got started with TyTool a standard 1 hour show on an S1 DTivo was 2 sometimes 3 FSIDs long. On an S1 SATivo it was 4-6 FSIDs in length. 30+ is well outside the expected size range for the process.

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 01-14-2006 at 05:06 PM.

I know the part numbers for the rest of the parts, is there a way to retrieve these missing parts w/ tytool, or any other tool?
    I've never seen a show with that many parts, but as far as I can tell, mfs_uberexport has no limit on the number of parts. You should be able to retrieve ths show with mfs_uberexport running on the PC connecting to vserver on your tivo.

Quote Originally Posted by myself62
    o.k. I think I'm clear on this. Tystream and multiplex transfer at the same quality. The quality setting in the .ini file only affects the re-encoding at the cut points set in tytools (which would explain why I never saw a difference in quality, as i've been using videoredo for my editing and saving as .vob's). I'm going to try 10r4 tonight and see if my problem with tystream method diappears in the newest release. After that it's time to try using pgcedit to make the dvd's chain play. This is fun stuff!
    Thanks again.
    Rob
    Tystream transfers. Multiplex just rebuilds the blocks from the transferred stream into the DVD video stream format. When you schedule cuts in your input tystream, the ends are no longer "flush," so a very small amount of data needs to be generated that matches those ends up. That is the encoding that is being spoken of.

Process:

1. Transfer files (or blocks of a file) from Tivo to PC via a TYstream.

|OPTIONAL:
    |2. Generate a keyfile to facilitate editing.
    |3. Set edits by browsing the keyfile and writing out a cutfile that will be used when the TYstream is MUXed into a VOB or MPEG file.

4. Create a new file by reorganizing the TYstream contents to meet the DVD stream spec.
    |4a. If necessary, re-encode selected bits related to the scheduled edits.

No encoding except in 4a.

Tape Reader from Hell

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    I've found a way to fix these holes. You dump the stream to punch cards then put masking tape over hole G12 if there are more than 6 of them punched in a row.
    You're evil. Gawd, it would probably take several lifetimes and a few hundred tons of paper to write out a video stream on punch cards, let alone try to read them by eye. I've got an even bigger time waster, though. Decode the streams to raw PCM and put them on paper tape on a 110 Baud teletype.

'Back of the envelope, I calculate it would take about 450 years of continuous punching to write out an entire 2 hour SD movie. 'Better than 10 times that for a 1080i HD movie.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Software Features

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    I am working on lots of things and I get to things as I can...
    Oh believe me, we know. You're a lot more responsive than any commercial software enterprise, that's for sure. What youhave done is extremely impressive. The rest of us just need to be patient. After all, you aren't getting paid to do this, and no one has the right to criticize your performance at what is patently a hobby for you.

Josh's Time

That is because there isn't one. Right now it is a hard coded limit. Regardless of what you "want" to be the case your option is to wait until it gets fixed.
    I suspect this limit would never be exceeded except on HD TiVos. Most of us don't have HD TiVos, although I am sure those who do may be very frustrated by this limitation. Josh is obviously aware of it, and very likely will have a fix coming at some point in time. Even if he does not, however, we need to remember he is under no obligation to address this or any other issue unless it suits him and even then only when it suits him.

In the mean time, those with HD TiVos (damn you!) should be able to alleviate the issue somewhat going foreward by keeping your TiVos lightly loaded with content.

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer
    Oh believe me, we know. You're a lot more responsive than any commercial software enterprise, that's for sure. What youhave done is extremely impressive. The rest of us just need to be patient. After all, you aren't getting paid to do this, and no one has the right to criticize your performance at what is patently a hobby for you.
    I couldn't agree with this more. Couldn't thank jdiner enough for his work. I posted just to see whether people were working around the issue somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    I've never seen a show with that many parts, but as far as I can tell, mfs_uberexport has no limit on the number of parts. You should be able to retrieve ths show with mfs_uberexport running on the PC connecting to vserver on your tivo.
    Thanks Jamie. Yes this is game 3 of the world series (14 innings). I tried mfs_uberexport (cool, did not know it could be used w/ vserver), though it did not appear to like the "-s" (offset) option anymore (has this been removed?), also not sure whether that offset would apply to the show's FSID (which is what I'd want) or within each part's FSID. Anyway I tried to use it and kept rejecting the "-s" option, it just prints the usage message. I guess I'll have to extract the whole thing.

... I tried mfs_uberexport (cool, did not know it could be used w/ vserver), though it did not appear to like the "-s" (offset) option anymore (has this been removed?), also not sure whether that offset would apply to the show's FSID (which is what I'd want) or within each part's FSID. Anyway I tried to use it and kept rejecting the "-s" option, it just prints the usage message. I guess I'll have to extract the whole thing.
    You can extract individual parts. Just leave off the -R switch and list the part FSIDs rather than the recording FSID to extract individual parts. I'm not sure what's up with the -s option; I'll have to have a look at that. In any case, I don't think -s was ever intended to be used with -R, just for individual ty part fsids, not whole recordings.
    Last edited by Jamie; 01-14-2006 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    You can extract individual parts. Just leave off the -R switch and list the part FSID rather than the recording FSID to extract one part. I'm not sure what's up with the -s option; I'll have to have a look at that. In any case, I don't think -s was ever intended to be used with -R, just for individual ty fsids.
    Got it. That's cool. Thanks a lot

And of course you read what that warning actualy means right?

--jdiner
    heck no! When you have to get it done. Well

provide a link and I'll follow, ( checked posts-got answer-what i figured)

otherwise I get this tunnel vision that doesn't wonder why, it just wants immediate gratification.
    Last edited by hepsnark; 01-14-2006 at 08:20 PM.
    TiVo Phillips HDR 212 Series 1 SA / v3.0 / 120 hr basic / Turbonet / Linksys / Athlon / XP
    TiVo to DVD: Hack bitrate to 720x480 resolution/ tytools (transcode #5) / nero 5.3

Tytool GET does not work

In just installed Tytool 10r4, and when I click GET,
    it just sits there.

I am sure I must have forgotten to install something. But I cannot figure it out.

Here is the tserver output:

DirecTiVo (/var/hack/mfs_bin)# ./tserver
    Doing the Lowest PriorityFix...
    Waiting for an incoming connection!
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
    fsid=1072680 has no StreamFileSize attribute
    fsid=1108430 has no StreamFileSize attribute
    Waiting for an incoming connection!
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'TYSTREAM 1102487/1102490/1102505/1102514/110252
    6/1102527'
    -> '1102487'

Her e is the tytool output:

onnected...
    Getting NowShowing data...
    Total Size = 6749 bytes in 2.531000 seconds...

Name = 'C:\Alias-Remnants'
    fsIDs = '1102487/1102490/1102505/1102514/1102526/1102527'
    Tivo Address = 'tivo'
    Connected...
    cmd => 'TYSTREAM 1102487/1102490/1102505/1102514/1102526/1102527'

It just sits there.