Page 18 of 84 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17
    I have an hd10-250 and am using an FA120 to a WET11 (wireless-b) bridge which then travels to my b router...I am getting around .48 for a download speed...even though I am using a usb 2.0 adapter does the wireless component slow things down that much? Is this what I should expect?
    That sounds about right. With my HR10-250, I'm using a Linksys USB200M (version 1) and a WPA54G to a WRT54G and get between 1.8 and 2.0 meg/sec.

Oh, and jdiner, I'm using Nero Burning ROM from Nero7 and a Pioneer 109 and never had any success with the UDF/ISO mode, X-Box compatibility or not. I burn DVD-R's at 8x as a straight "DVD-Video " and my Panasonic DVD player likes them just fine.

Title Placeholder - Feature Request?

All,
    I admit that I could be missing something obvious, but I did a search and at least the terms I tried didn't return results that seem to apply. Here's what I'm thinking.

Assume a show that you want to capture and extract is now in re-runs only.
    (example Gilligan's Island) For the example, assume only 4 episodes were ever made.

Gilligan and the jet pack, Gilligan and the super seeds, Gilligan gets married,
    Gilligan and Wrong Way Feldman (not real titles that I know of)

The stations airing Gilligan show all but Gilligan and the jet pack over and over. What I'd like to do is extract the other 3 but leave a very small placeholder file on the Dtivo that would keep these three titles from recording again. (like a "Never record this episode" option)

The placeholder file would be tiny compared to the real episode but have the title info needed to keep it from recording again. I could see how this might be done with the FTP program but wondered if it might be considered for possible feature inclusion or if someone had a better workaround.

No expectations, totally understand this is a hobby. Just got stumped on this and wondered if someone else had an answer I had missed.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Last edited by bhdad; 02-22-2006 at 04:06 PM.

I know this is off topic but all you need to do for a single or "just a few" episode(s) is make a Title Wishlist. Don't know what would happen if you used Chunk Edit to chop the show down to nothing and re-insert. Another possibility would be to Rubbish by FSID all the fsids in the list shown in TyTool.

ew

Quote Originally Posted by bhdad
    All,
    I admit that I could be missing something obvious, but I did a search and at least the terms I tried didn't return results that seem to apply. Here's what I'm thinking.
    I have absolutely no idea why you posted this in this thread, but anyway...

What I'd like to do is extract the other 3 but leave a very small placeholder file on the Dtivo that would keep these three titles from recording again. (like a "Never record this episode" option)
    If you go to the UK forum on the tivocommunity website there is a hack to do exactly that. Effectively extends the 28-day rule to a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by bhdad
    Assume a show that you want to capture and extract is now in re-runs only.
    (example Gilligan's Island) For the example, assume only 4 episodes were ever made....
    I created kind of a "brute force" solution for collecting all episodes of a particular show, maybe this might work for you too.

I am a fan of several animated and comedy shows, like The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Monty Python's Flying Circus, etc. I want to collect all episodes of those shows, and store them (after commercial removal) on my video server, for later playback via Xbox.

So, I have season passes set up for all the shows I like. Instead of manually pulling down missing episodes using TyTool (which is what I had been doing, but it was tedious), I created a PHP script (just a batch script, not running inside a web server) that I run every night (scheduled) that looks for episodes of those shows that I don't have yet, downloads them to my video server, and also pulls season / episode numbers from tv.com for file naming. When I have time, I then go back and do the commercial edits / muxing to .mpg (from downloaded .ty file), and move them to my "finished" folder. Kind of "eTivo lite" I guess (just downloads, doesn't do any encoding).

If / when I get down to only missing one or two episodes of a particular show, I guess it will make sense to remove the season passes and just add wish lists for those episodes, so I don't end up having recording conflicts caused by recording episodes I already have, but so far it is manageable.

If anyone is interested in the script, let me know and I can post it.

Title Placeholder

Thanks for the feedback.

Mrdizzy - I posted in this thread because I use tytool and thought that having this feature added to it would be a good thing and potentially useful to a lot of people who are collecting all episodes of a given show. (especially where there are dozens of episodes - not just the 4 of my example)

I know jdiner does this as a hobby and my thoughts were just a suggestion to make a great tool even better. If it happens great but I know he probably has bigger fish to fry. I will go look at the other thread also. Thanks for the pointer on that.

Bhorstkotte - sounds like a great script. Don't want to pull us off topic of tytool so maybe a new thread? I would like to see it.

Jeff
    Last edited by bhdad; 02-23-2006 at 12:36 PM.

No probs. Since yesterday I've remembered what it was called (the tracker module) and so found the thread:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hlight=tracker
    HTH

Quote Originally Posted by rcole
    Oh, and jdiner, I'm using Nero Burning ROM from Nero7 and a Pioneer 109 and never had any success with the UDF/ISO mode, X-Box compatibility or not. I burn DVD-R's at 8x as a straight "DVD-Video " and my Panasonic DVD player likes them just fine.
    That is interesting to me because this if the first success I have ever heard of in that mode. Did it do the full re-encoding into proper DVD spec for the video?

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by mrdizzy
    If you go to the UK forum on the tivocommunity website there is a hack to do exactly that. Effectively extends the 28-day rule to a very long time.
    Given all of my problems with my burner we have obviously relaxes the off-topic rule for this thread for the time being and I am glad. Both because I got some help and got my burner working and because I didn't know about this hack and it is good news. It is exactly what I was hoping to find to help with one fo the shows I record. Old. Syndicated. Repeated on 3 seperate channels. Also known as MacGyver... I am missing 2 eps after the last 2 years and I gave up. I got tired of whacking the same old eps waiting for one of the ones I wanted to come around.

So thanks for the info.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by bhorstkotte
    If anyone is interested in the script, let me know and I can post it.
    I would like to see it. I have an app ready for release that does the auto-downloading but I never thought about extending it to do the rest of that... Pretty cool stuff.

My goal isn't to replace the scripts of the scripting kings out there. But just to make things simple for the non-scripting kings. People like myself.

--jdiner

There's also Global Blocklist as a TW module at Tivo Community. It's a little rough. IMNSHO, the best would be multiple levels of "kill" in the todo list; always kill, never kill, and ask through some kind of report before killing, based on both series and episode titles.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    That is interesting to me because this if the first success I have ever heard of in that mode. Did it do the full re-encoding into proper DVD spec for the video?

--jdiner
    No, it did not. DVD Decrypter shows the files on the DVD are the same byte size as the VOB/Mux'd files I made for the DVD. Burning ROM appeared to just write what I dragged and dropped into it without recoding.

--jdiner
    I also use Nero just in straight DVD-Video mode. Nero sometimes complains about "non-standard structure" or some such, but I "ok" that dialogue box and Nero burns the Ifo set without reencoding. I find that burns as dvd-video play on ANYTHING, whereas burns as UDF/ISO have problems on my Sony player and one of the Computer DVDroms.

The only way I can get DVD's to burn is with DVD-Video mode. Haven't found a player yet that won't play them. w2k sp2 Nero 7.0.1.4

Andy

I don't use Nero 7, but I do use Nero 6 and I do the same thing: create a new DVD Video project, drag the files into the Video_Ts folder, burn, enjoy.

It is absolutely not re-encoding.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.