Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 1,246 to 1,257 of 1257

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by vancod View Post
    EDIT - yeah - for your DTiVo the only solution is the "noscramble patch"
    Are you saying unscramble.o won't work? By my reading, the noscramble.o module prevents scrambling, but does not allow the transfer of previously encrypted recordings. Or were you speaking of the kernel hack? If so, the same is true of the kernel hack, isn't it? From my reading it seems to me unscramble.o won't work with the kernel hack, either, or am I mistaken?
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

I think you are correct - noscramble does nothing for previous recording, and unscramble can't to anything but rescue old files.

But again - I'm a bit fuzzy and it appears that lots of old threads here are simply "gone". You might try searching with Google using the "site:dealdatabase.com" option and see if the results are better than the local Google engine. The forum has likely gone through a couple of life cycles...

I'm a bit fuzzy between the "unscramble.o" and the "noscramble.o" modules - I think the latter may be the only one that works "permanently" in making sure new recordings are OK.
    Well, this is from the .txt file which comes with unscramble.o:

Code:
    If you have noscramble.o installed, remove it 
    and put this in it's place. Note that when unscramble.o is installed, the unit will record all new programming SCRAMBLED. 
    It will also only play SCRAMBLED recordings. You've been warned.
    Given this, and if both modules will work with 3.1.0-01-1-011, then it seems to me the best route would be to load noscramble.o in rc.sysinit.author for all future recordings. There are only a handful of recordings we want to extract right now, so I can simply unload noscramble.o when I want to transfer the scrambled recordings.

The hitch in all this, however, is whether or not the two modules will work with 3.1.0-01-1-011. Some of my reading suggests perhaps not.

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
    The hitch in all this, however, is whether or not the two modules will work with 3.1.0-01-1-011. Some of my reading suggests perhaps not.
    Well, I found at least one thread where it was suggested for your very model of DTiVo and software. It can't hurt - worst case the tivo simply reboots, a more likely case would be that it does nothing - but I think it will work.

I have been searching my TiVo archive and I did not save either of those binaries - it's been a long time since the Phillis units all had an offset, and I kept none of it

EDIT:
    Obviously - don't put anything in your init until you know it doesn't cause a reboot!

EDIT:
    Obviously - don't put anything in your init until you know it doesn't cause a reboot!
    Well, it never hurts to be too cautious when giving advice, but yeah, that much I knew for myself.

This is turning out to be more of a bother than I thought it would. I have a copy of busybox for the TiVo, but not everything works on it. For example, `ls` works, but not `ls -l`. Not surprisingly, the individual binaries from my Philips S1 TiVo don't work, either. It's difficult to get much done without a properly working ls and ps (and tar and zip, ...).
    Last edited by lrhorer; 05-23-2010 at 08:57 PM.

What is the source of your hacK?

FWIW - it looks like Instant Cake might get you on 3.5x code - can't be sure, but there's a lot of google results that seems to indicate that..... Would be a fairly easy fix.

Video Pausing Issue

I have a DirecTiVo Hughes SD-DVR40, been using TyTools since 2006 and have loved it. Recently things have gone off the rails. Something is causing my MPEGs to do these strange little pauses in playback like every 2 seconds for like a 1/2 second. The audio is unaffected. Very annoying.

I was examining the output txt files for Ty streams that were good and not. One difference that I spotted was this:
    Good Video Playback had: Final standardFrameLength = 576
    Bad Video Playback had: Final standardFrameLength = 480

It occurred to me that the regular occurrence of the video pause is kinda like it is catching up and correcting a mismatch between video frames and audio, and preventing it from drifting too far out of synch.

Could this be the cause and any Ideas on how to fix it?
    WTTW Ken

Edit- I tried to play my jumpy MPEGs in a different player. Instead of Windows Media Player I tried Media Player Classic (Quicktime Alternative) and the playback there is smooth. Uggggggggghhhh what gives??
    WTTW Ken
    Last edited by Rathgar2; 06-14-2010 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Learned more that could help get an answer.

Ok, never mind ... success using the contributions of this mfs_ftp in this link.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...72&postcount=9

Hi, I seem to having trouble getting the ty files to download in the correct aspect ratio. I started out using 10r4 and found that the ty files, when editing key, showed in the video window are too tall - i.e. almost 3:4?!

So with tserver 10r4 still on tivo I d/l'd 9r18 tools and they worked fine, until I stupidly thought that maybe 10r4 would be ok to download with.

Now both versions of the tools produce the same squashed video. It does the same with 'multiplex' mode selected too.

I have some mpg's that are fantastic, so I know the software is too. I just am at a loss as to what to do:-(

Any sugestions would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Charleserion View Post
    I do not know if my e-mail, but it would be nice if the total number of bytes to be displayed on the screen TyTool Tivo. I thought it would be easy, because you are already a TY file size. I have attached a jpg with an idea of ​​what I speak.
    Yeah - you might want to look at the age of this thread. The development for this tool ended a long, long time ago.

Gosh, jdiner, I read your rules, and I am mystified how anyone could say anything to you but THANK YOU! I've been using your tytools for nearly 10 years. I just reinstalled them on a new computer and they still work great! They have been like a best friend. I am in Telnet hell at the moment and wish I could ask you about that, but that would be against the rules. I haven't found the forum yet for it. But while I was here, I thought I'd just say, "You rock!!" Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Hi, I seem to having trouble getting the ty files to download in the correct aspect ratio. I started out using 10r4 and found that the ty files, when editing key, showed in the video window are too tall - i.e. almost 3:4?!

So with tserver 10r4 still on tivo I d/l'd 9r18 tools and they worked fine, until I stupidly thought that maybe 10r4 would be ok to download with.

Now both versions of the tools produce the same squashed video. It does the same with 'multiplex' mode selected too.

I have some mpg's that are fantastic, so I know the software is too. I just am at a loss as to what to do:-(

Any sugestions would be welcome.
    352 horizontal and 480 vertical? You're viewing at a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio which isn't the ratio used for the recording. That's not a function of TyTool.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch