Page 20 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Actually I made the order of the elements selectable but I didn't do anything about changing the format of the string. I think I can get that one in place for tomorrow.

--jdiner
    There truly IS a god hehehe

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike0151
    Josh, excellent news, thanks.

One thing that was put forward previously and may have been done and lost with your probems was naming format of the date to allow more flexibility than mm-dd-yy. Allowing yy-mm-dd or dd-mm-yy would be very handy.

Thanks
    Mike
    Or better yet, YYYYMMDDHHMM.

I love that format as a lead in filenames.

Is it noone yet?
    I Want My Tytool 10r5 !!!

Thank Josh

DSR6k dual 40G drives + turbonet
    Sat T60 dual 40G drives + turbonet
    GXCEBOT single 80G drive + turbonet + wirelessbridge
    Phillips SA 20G + 120G + turbonet + wirelessbridge
    Hughes HDVR2 200G + USB2 + superpatch67 + linksys dd-wrt bridged + MRV
    RCA DVR39 500G + USB2 + superpatch67 + linksys dd-wrt bridged + MRV

THE TiVo is the NETWORK!

Quote Originally Posted by superleo
    Is it noone yet?
    I Want My Tytool 10r5 !!!
    Nope. Not even close yet. 10:45 here. Having a bit of trouble with one of the requested fixes. This could take awhile. Should still be sometime today before say 6pm my time...

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Nope. Not even close yet. 10:45 here. Having a bit of trouble with one of the requested fixes. This could take awhile. Should still be sometime today before say 6pm my time...

--jdiner
    Where are you posting from that you're 1/2 hour off from everyone else?

edit: apparently server time is off by 25 minutes...move along...nothing to see here.

Single TY with multiple CUT files

I often record The Chart Show which is basically a lot of pop videos one after the other.

I edit the TY "Chart Show-.ty" file and create a CUT file for each song. However the only way I can get this to work is to go through a manual sequence of renaming the song CUT file to "Chart Show-.ty.cut", multiplex, wait for this to finish then repeat for the next song.

I'd like to be able to add each CUT file to the multiplex list and let it go but this doesn't work - it seems that the CUT file has to be named the same as the TY(?)

Is it possible to do what I want?
    Last edited by mbriody; 03-04-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Mark Briody
    Northampton, UK
    TiVo #1: UK S1 SA 2.5.5, 120Gb + Sky (subscribed) + CacheCard (0Mb RAM)
    TiVo #2: UK S1 SA 2.5.5, 120Gb + Sky (FTA) + TurboNet

Quote Originally Posted by mbriody
    I often record The Chart Show which is basically a lot of pop videos one after the other.

I edit the TY "Chart Show-.ty" file and create a CUT file for each song. However the only way I can get this to work is to go through a manual sequence of renaming the song CUT file to "Chart Show-.ty.cut", multiplex, wait for this to finish then repeat for the next song.

I'd like to be able to add each CUT file to the multiplex list and let it go but this doesn't work - it seems that the CUT file has to be named the same as the TY(?)

Is it possible to do what I want?
    Can't you set chapter points instead, then use another program to split the muxed files? Not that this would necessarily be any simpler, mind you, but it could be automated.

BTW: They show entire music videos in the UK? Astonishing. Apparently, in the US, we're too distracted to watch an entire music video nowadays, so we get 30 seconds or so, or an entire video with scrolling internet text messages or pop up boxes. I can't remember the last time I saw a music video uninterrupted and without overlays on television.

It's gotten to the point where the bumpers for other shows frequently take up 1/3 of the screen and obliterate most of the show content even for things like Brainiac (which I understand is UKish) on G4.
    Last edited by falcomadol; 03-04-2006 at 09:19 PM.

Sorry boys and girls. I am still working on 10r5. I thought I had the audio issues licked but found that what I did made certain other things worse. I hate it when that happens.

I will keep you all posted. I am still hoping to get the new version out this weekend. Just depends on whether or not I can fix these stupid audio issues.

--jdiner

TBH I don't really want to get involved with another program.

It would hopefully be a simple enhancement to allow the program to use named CUT files. All I'm doing is renaming the CUT file after all.

As for the videos, there is a channel called CHART which shows back to back videos in their entirety with a nice fade to white at the end. They do have their logo on them and sometimes if they are plugging a competition there is additional (static) text but mostly they are pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by falcomadol
    Can't you set chapter points instead, then use another program to split the muxed files? Not that this would necessarily be any simpler, mind you, but it could be automated.

BTW: They show entire music videos in the UK? Astonishing. Apparently, in the US, we're too distracted to watch an entire music video nowadays, so we get 30 seconds or so, or an entire video with scrolling internet text messages or pop up boxes. I can't remember the last time I saw a music video uninterrupted and without overlays on television.

It's gotten to the point where the bumpers for other shows frequently take up 1/3 of the screen and obliterate most of the show content even for things like Brainiac (which I understand is UKish) on G4.

Mark Briody
    Northampton, UK
    TiVo #1: UK S1 SA 2.5.5, 120Gb + Sky (subscribed) + CacheCard (0Mb RAM)
    TiVo #2: UK S1 SA 2.5.5, 120Gb + Sky (FTA) + TurboNet

I just successfully burned my first DVD but I'm wondering how to burn a DVD without the menu on it. I would like to put the DVD in and it just play.
    Thanks
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    I just successfully burned my first DVD but I'm wondering how to burn a DVD without the menu on it. I would like to put the DVD in and it just play.
    Thanks
    Check out The Good Mister Thompson's "tytool enhancement techniques" thread.

Lotsa good stuff in there.

btw, that was quickly found using this site's search page, entering "dvd autostart" in the "Key Word(s):" box. ....it comes in real handy, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    Thanks
    It was asked and answered in this thread too . . . http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...&postcount=188

Quote Originally Posted by falcomadol
    Or better yet, YYYYMMDDHHMM.

I love that format as a lead in filenames.
    Yes, nice y2k-compliant 4-digit years would be good.

I've read about the audio fixes above so hopefully they will fix the problems I've been having (examples on the DVD I sent). One other thing is how compliant the resulting DVD fileset now is. I too have tried on my version of Nero and it is happy to add the files in DVD-Video mode without complaining or re-encoding anything. So that's great! I do however run them through PGCedit first. On loading the DVD it always complains about a discrepancy which it says is often produced by a bug in DVDshrink - presumably DVDauthor has the same 'bug'? It fixes one thing per Episode (title) on the DVD. Then upon opening each Title, it asks about fixing the reported running time (two counters don't match).

Quick question.

I have a P4 1.8ghz w/384MBs of RAM. Would that be enough to play HD streams after extraction on my PC? I always assumed it wouldn't.
    SD-DVR40/160GB/4.0.1b/superpatch/usb2/tytool/ms_ftp/tivowebplus
    HR10-250 (stock) as of 12-9-05
    HR10-250/superpatch/usb2/tserver/tivoweb
    DirecTivo R10 (stock)
    "Test drive"60GB/6.2/superpatch/usb2/tytool/hmo/extracted scrambled shows with kernel & tools found here.

94Supra formerly TT now one T

"Bad" cuts in GOP Editor?

Hi,

I've been steadfastly (stubbornly!) trying to figure out how to transcode 1080i from my HR10-250 to 480i to burn on a "SD" NTSC DVD. After many false starts, including turning "video"-looking 1080i into "film"-looking 480i, and generally making a bunch of dumb mistakes, I'm finally close. The details of what I'm now doing are posted here. To summarize, I need to tell mencoder and lavc to use interlaced processing at every step in the chain. I thought I was doing exactly that, but I wasn't.

I'm still having two problems though, and I think those problems both trace back to a point in the MPG file where I made a cut in TyTool's GOP editor. In some cases, mencoder plows through the cut just fine, but my set-top DVD player doesn't (it freezes); and in other cases, mencoder crashes hard at the cut and, well, what my DVD player would do in such a case is academic. Here's what mencoder says when it crashes, in case that's interesting:

Code:
    Pos:3066.6s  91873f ( 0%)  27fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.067 [5730:384]
    Skipping frame!
    Assertion failed: lastInChrBuf + 1 - chrSrcSliceY < (chrSrcSliceH), file swscale_template.c, line 2724

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    I also noticed that the field order somehow got messed up on either side of the cut. That is, the video plays beautifully up to the cut, but after the cut the video is an unwatchable mess, exactly the way you'd expect interlaced video to look if you played the fields in the wrong order. (Of course, I need to jump passed the cut to get through it in my DVD player, as at that cut is where the DVD player would otherwise freeze.)

Now, clearly mencoder shouldn't be crashing on this data, but it does seem to occur exactly where a cut happens in the GOP editor. (Note: I'm doing GOP-based editing, not sub-GOP (frame-based) editing in the GOP editor.)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    WB