Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

The problem has been resolved. Now I just have to remember what to enter in the Server Shell Prompt String window. Been a while since I configured TyTool.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

edited files back to Tivo

Josh- Finally got this consistently working. I use tytool to download, edit out commercials, and make a new VOB file. Then download the original XML using MFS_FTP, then use FFMPEG to turn all back into a .ty file, and then MFS_FTP the file back up to the Tivo. Works like a charm. Here's the FFMPEG options that I used:

ffmpeg -b 15000 -sameq -qscale 1 -y -x "%sourcepath%\%%~nx.xml" -i "%sourcepath%\%%~nx.vob" -acodec copy -vcodec mpeg2video "%destpath%\%%~nx.ty"

Question: I tried using the MFS_FTP versions of .ty and .TMF files as the download source, but they seemed to generate choppy, pixelated results. Your .ty file works much better. Any chance that you could get an option to download the native XML, and save me the need to use MFS_FTP for that XML download?

Thanks for everything that you have done.

35 12 hours to download a 30 minute show?

Great app, been using it for 2-3 years on several DTivos, S1 and S2. Now I have one installation that is making me crazy!

What can cause a tytool download to be so glacially slow? A refresh takes a good 45 seconds alone. Mfs_ftp works fine at normal speeds. TivoWebPlus tivoftpd, and telnet all work great with no slowness.

Here's the setup:

Series 1 GXCEBOT - 200GB
    v3.1.0c2, with Todd Miller's lba48 kernel
    NoCSO tivoapp patch
    Turbonet
    Latest Tytools and tserver (10r4)
    runideturbo=false
    hdparms settings in the startup files per the thread on improving performance (can't remember offhand, I'm at work)

Here's what I've done so far:

Replaced tserver with a known good file from another Series 1 that downloads at normal speeds
    Updated the driver to the latest turbonet.o
    Swapped the turbonet card with a known good unit
    Swapped the hard drive into my other GXCEBOT

I get the same results with the unit on my network or my dad's network. The problem follows the hard drive, so this has to be a software issue. The PC side works fine - tested it with another identical unit.

One thing I haven't tried yet is to just copy all the binary files in /lib and below from the working unit. Anyone have a better idea?

-Jerry

look at this pic this is from a video I got from my tivo and Multiplexd and I see this:

see those little lines near the man and near the FX logo why does that happen?

this happen even when I paying the video I have a dsr708 and 6.2

It's because the video is interlaced. It's perfectly normal. PCs are progressive devices and so interlacing looks like crap, but your TV (unless it's a digital TV) is an interlaced device so it looks normal on the TV.

Best bet is to use Media Player Classic with an ffdshow deinterlacing filter turned on.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Why is it so sloooowwww

I have a series 2 dtivo w/ 2.0 USB network connection and have used tytools before. I have extracted an hour long program relatively fast (it started slow, but then caught up) and have extracted 30+ versions of a 30 minute show and they came over relatively fast. I haven't used it in a few weeks and tried to start tserver (located in /var/hack) and it wasn't there. Very strange I thought, so I FTPd it back over. I started tserver from the tytool GUI, refreshed the Now SHowing list (which took about 5 seconds) and proceeded to download aobout 20 episoded of a 30 minute show (about 500MB each). I'm getting a .01MB/sec through put. It's taking about 12 hours for a 30 minute show. I have rebooted the Dtivo unit, my computer, etc and still have the same problem. Any hints from the tytool gods?

Thanks,
    Marc

Try making sure the TIVO isn't doing anything, like recording something, for example. You might also wish to tune both its tuners to a nonrecordable channel, like the music channels. This saves some of its resources. Finally, put it in standby mode to further lighten its load. Then give TyTools another try and see if it works faster.

I'm not saying this is the cause of the slowness, but oftentimes I get slower speeds when the TIVO is busy doing something else--not always, but often enough. When I put it in standby after tuning to the music channels, it often "fixes" things.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

10 vs. 100???

Tried the standby thing, no difference. I noticed that for some reason the DUB-E100 USB2.0 network adapters are running at 10MBit, they used to be 100 (I think). How would I force them to be 100MBit instead of 10Mbit?

Quote Originally Posted by presidentsdad View Post
    Tried the standby thing, no difference. I noticed that for some reason the DUB-E100 USB2.0 network adapters are running at 10MBit, they used to be 100 (I think). How would I force them to be 100MBit instead of 10Mbit?
    I tune the two tuners to channels I do not recieve, say 6666 and 6667 and then place it in standby mode. I get around 2.5mbps

I'm using TyTool10r4 with a Series 1 UK Tivo (Stand-Alone) and CacheCard. I'm experiencing errors when multiplexing some downloaded ty files. The result is that, sometimes, when the source signal fades to black for a couple of seconds, the sound just drops out completely. This happens sufficiently often for it not to just be a random glitch. The screen doesn't have to be completely black for the error to occur - I've seen examples where the channel logo remains, but the soundtrack is lost.

This is a typical error message:

......... 8100......... 8200..Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:00:02.340
    sAud is: 00:31:01.383
    largestAudioPTS is: 00:30:59.043
    Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 65.000000 frames.
    It is in the right range. Let's see if it lines up.
    It is in sequence. Starting back up after the 'hole'...

AudDIFF: Need to add 64 empty audio packets!
    Successfully filled in the Audio hole!
    Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:00:00.252
    sAud is: 00:31:01.419
    largestAudioPTS is: 00:31:01.671
    Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 7.000000 frames.
    It is in the right range. Let's see if it lines up.
    It is in sequence. Starting back up after the 'hole'...
    ....... 8300....

This example is from a best quality recording, in mode 0 (720x576 - UK PAL) with DBSBestMAXBitrate=9000000 and DBSBestVBRBitrate=4800000.

The 64 empty audio packets that are mentioned in the error message seem to correspond with the resulting 2 seconds or so of audio dropout.

I've also seen these errors occur when the picture is almost completely white, with only a couple of words of text displayed.

Basic quality (which I tend to use for radio programmes) seems to be almost impossible to download because of these errors occuring almost continuously. This may be bitrate-related, or (more likely?) may be due to the almost-black screen used as a background for the radio programs.

I've tried playing around with TyTool options, but nothing I've tried seems to affect these errors at all. My non-default TyTool settings are:
    Fill AC3 audio holes - enabled
    MPEG-2 Encoder - mpeg2enc
    Audio transcoding option #5 (transcodes the TIVo's 32k to DVD 48k)
    Jump Chunks - 20

However, the errors also happen with these settings returned back to the default settings.

I haven't found any mention of this error in any documentation or forum discussions.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes, I see this all the time. If you tick the option to patch audio holes, then there are lots of silences in the audio. If you untick the option to patch audio holes, then there are lots of jumps in the audio.

Jdiner asked me to send him some examples on a DVD last year for him to check out, which I did, and it arrived to him safely, but then he had his PC problems.

As a workaround for radio extraction[*] I use a very old version of the DOS vsplit which doesn't suffer from this problem. (NB: the ones supplied with TyTool 8ish and later do not work and have the same problem as the main TyTool). I've attached it to this post.

Extract the tyfile with Tytool as normal, then process in DOS with
    Code:
    vsplit -s "Tyfile.ty" nul: Audiofile.mp2 > nul:
    Then use the excellent mp3DirectCut for lossless cutting/editing.

Sadly there is no workaround if you want to extract an effected TV recording to keep. It happens at the start of title sequence of LA Law for example.

[*] Here in the UK our radio channels on digital satellite/cable/DTT have backgrounds with programme synopsis, clock etc and of course with only have series 1 SA too - so our radio recordings are normal video as far as TiVo and TyTool is concerned.
    Last edited by mrdizzy; 08-12-2006 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdizzy View Post
    Yes, I see this all the time. If you tick the option to patch audio holes, then there are lots of silences in the audio. If you untick the option to patch audio holes, then there are lots of jumps in the audio.
    Thanks for the response - I'd searched for info on this, but was beginning to think that it was just me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdizzy View Post
    As a workaround for radio extraction[*] I use a very old version of the DOS vsplit which doesn't suffer from this problem. (NB: the ones supplied with TyTool 8ish and later do not work and have the same problem as the main TyTool). I've attached it to this post.

Extract the tyfile with Tytool as normal, then process in DOS with
    Code:
    vsplit -s "Tyfile.ty" nul: Audiofile.mp2 > nul:
    Then use the excellent mp3DirectCut for lossless cutting/editing.

Sadly there is no workaround if you want to extract an effected TV recording to keep. It happens at the start of title sequence of LA Law for example.
    Thanks very much for that - this version works well with the radio programmes.

Strangely enough, before I read your response, I'd been experimenting with an old version of Vsplit that shipped with TyTool9R18. It's named VSplit9r16.exe, but it's output claims that it's VSplit9r15, so your guess is as good as mine as to exactly what version it really is. However, it does seem to have the ability to fix the soundtracks on some of the corrupt video. I've not tested it thoroughly yet, but it seems better anything else I've tried. VSplit9r16 doesn't work well on the radio programmes, though - they have errors every few seconds and the output has very obvious missing sections. The version 8 that you posted is far better for that, so it's greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: After more tests, it looks as though VSplit9r16 is dropping video frames to cope with the missing/corrupt sound. This wasn't obvious in the first couple of tests I made, but has become apparent in later ones.

If you (or anyone else) want a copy of vsplit9r15/16, it's still available here:
    TyTool9r18.zip

It's not clear to me yet whether the original tystreams contain errors and vsplit is actually fixing them, whether it's just removing a smaller section after errors, or whether the tystream is actually OK and it's some bug in TyTool and other vsplit versions that are generating the errors.

What really puzzles me is that these audio errors seem to be associated with several seconds of almost all-white or all-black video. These shouldn't be afffecting each other at all, as far as I can see. It almost smells of a buffer overflow, where a video buffer overflows into an adjacent audio buffer. This could potentially happen if very compressible video frames are being decompressed at a near-constant input rate - the output rate would increase rapidly for a short time. The fact that the errors are worse on low bitrate recordings would support this idea, since they have a high expansion ratio on decoding. This is wild speculation however, and I don't see why TyTool would be decompressing the video data, unless it's re-encoding. Surely it would just be passed on as a chunk of uninterpreted data, wouldn't it? Any ideas, anyone?

If only we had the source code...

Anyhow, after all this I should add that TyTool is a great utility - especially considering that it's free!
    Last edited by krx; 08-13-2006 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Update on VSplit9r15 results - video frames dropped

Transfer Slowdown

I have recently noticed a transfer slowdon when I select multiple shows with Tytool 10r4. I usually get about 2.5 m/s on the first one and then it drops to .2 m/s on hte second.

If I exit Tyserver and Tytool and reselect the same program, it's back up to 2.5.

The S2 DTivo is at 6.2, tuned to music channels on both tuners, and not recording a show when it happens. I have rebooted both the DTivo and the PC.

It has worked fine for months. The only recent change was to connect the second antenna and use setup to initialize it. Not sure what to do next.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by jmasterman View Post
    I have recently noticed a transfer slowdon when I select multiple shows with Tytool 10r4. I usually get about 2.5 m/s on the first one and then it drops to .2 m/s on hte second.

If I exit Tyserver and Tytool and reselect the same program, it's back up to 2.5.
    I've noticed that if a transfer is slowed down for any reason (other processes running on the PC, or network traffic) then the transfer rate never seems to recover much from its minimum, even when the interfering process goes away, and that this carries over from one file transfer to the next..

This is just speculation, but it could be that something is causing a momentary but severe slowdown at the end of processing your first file, and the second file is being affected by this. Do you see any "unusual" activity at the end of processing the first file? (e.g. a spike in CPU utilisation, intensive disc or network activity, etc?) My guess is that a burst of intensive activity on the TiVo would have a similar effect, but this is more difficult to test.

Hendersonville, TN (just outside of Nashville)
    Quote Originally Posted by artships View Post
    How about you telnet to tivo, execute:

ps x

And note whether (tivoftp) is one of the processes listed. If it is, for now, skip Filezilla and use the commandline ftp command.
    This is where I am stuck, too. I have the client installed and the directions say I need to install the TSERVER_Series2_MIPS (for my HR10-250 HD DTivo) in the directory /var/hack

I am absolutely new to linux. I did the "ps x" as instructed above, but could only find "tivoftpd". Is this the correct file?

Here are the instructions for setup. Even though they appear simple I am embarrassed to say I am confused.

Now that you have figured out what version to use you need to follow the following process step by step:

1- Telnet to the TIVO. You will have set the IP address for your TIVO yourself when you hacked the TIVO. For this document we are going to use the address 192.168.1.241.

2- CD to the /var directory. (cd /var)

3- Create a directory called hack (if one does not already exist, from previous hacking stages). (mkdir hack)

4- Now exit telnet (exit).

Here is a copy of session in which I did exactly the above from a DOS prompt:

telnet 192.168.1.241

/# cd /var

/var# mkdir hack

/var# cd hack

/var/hack# ls -al

total 2

drwxr-xr-x 2 0 0 1024 Mar 26 20:34 .

drwxr-xr-x 14 0 0 1024 Mar 26 20:34 ..

/var/hack# exit

This will have created the directory and put the tserver program onto the TIVO.

I just can't see (understand) in this how it is getting the TSERVER file in to the var/hack directory on my tivo. I was expecting something like a copy command or something from where it is stored on my PC.

H E L P, pls?