Page 59 of 84 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

I have a unique extraction problem with HR10-250 6.3a. 99% of all Tytools 10r4 files come over to my pc fine and play on Windows media player. Last week I tried to download a star wars movie and I find I can only bring it over in *.ty format, which does not play. When I try to bring it over muxed, or, to manually Mux, it causes an error, Windows Media Player encountered a problem and must shut down. Is there somthing special about this movie? It is NOT in HD and other movies from the same channel copy just fine.

Some here have said that 6.3a and b don't play nice with tytool. Cheer suggests tytomepg. I haven't tried extracting any shows yet with 6.3b.
    (1) HR10-250 Fully Hacked, 6.3a-01-2-357
    (1) HR20 Given to Daughter and Grandkids because, as DTV puts it, " It's better than the HR10-250" Yeah right!

Use ms_ftp

I have a DTivo series 1. I came across this same problem. That is, after you have hacked your tivoapp to disable encryption, what do you do with the previously recorded programs that are already encrypted??? The ONLY thing I found to work was to use the ms_ftp utility. When using this ftp server, it automatically unencrypts the file as you ftp it to your PC. The resultant file on your PC is a *.tmf file. You can read more about ms_ftp, how it works and the steps you need to follow to use it by going to this thread: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21915

Note that it will be important to first read the README file as it has a LOT of important information. Also, you will need to download the tmf2ty_cfg.exe Windows executable file, as this is the program that converts the TMF file to TY format.

I have tried all the other hacks such as the oscramble or unscramble (or whatever they are called....I don't recall exactly)....none of those ever worked for me. Like I said, the only thing that did work was using ms_ftp. Remember that you'll only need to use this to extract the programs that are encrypted. You should still use TyTool to extract the un-encrypted files.

Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by shredhead View Post
    some shows are scrambled and some aren't.

So is there anything I can do to retrieve things that were recorded with the encryption turned on?? It's no deal breaker if I can't - I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by vz15pz View Post
    I have a DTivo series 1. I came across this same problem. That is, after you have hacked your tivoapp to disable encryption, what do you do with the previously recorded programs that are already encrypted??? The ONLY thing I found to work was to use the ms_ftp utility. When using this ftp server, it automatically unencrypts the file as you ftp it to your PC.
    UTTERLY wrong! mfs_ftp does not do decryption of any kind.

None of this is terribly relevant to TyTool, so if you want to discuss further, start another thread, but you are so very wrong.

The ONLY way to decrypt encrypted videos on a Series 2 Tivo is the S2_Unscramble method.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Some here have said that 6.3a and b don't play nice with tytool. Cheer suggests tytomepg. I haven't tried extracting any shows yet with 6.3b.
    Yes, TyTool does not function properly at all with 6.3x streams, as has been mentioned several times.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

General flooziness of the program..need ideas

I have installed and used 10r4 for a while and notice blocky pixellation at transitions once burned to DVD. Tried various settings (VOB-Mux, VOB-Mux new format, etc.). Also, the program quits suddenly but randomly when muxing (right when I select it).

If either of these are due to the source files on the Tivo, or due to some failure in the process to transfer, can anyone suggest where to look (log files??) to start finding more information on what's going on? There is no pattern to it.

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles209 View Post
    TyTool works just fine on Vista RC2. The only issues are to do with security.

The executable is marked as "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". Clicking "Unblock" and then "Apply" fakes you into thinking that it has been unblocked, but if you close the properties window and then go back, it is still blocked.
    I ran into the same problem, but resolved it by having Vista run the program in XP compatibility mode for now. But I've run into another problem. I'm able to download .ty, create and edit key files, and vob-mux. But I cannot get it to complete the .ifo process. I'll continue to play around with it and hopefully I can figure out how to fix it, but till then, has anyone else played around with TyTool on Vista RC2 yet?

Why would anyone attempt to use Vista until at least SP1 is available? (N.B. the same applied to XP, Win2000 etc. etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by rfc View Post
    I have installed and used 10r4 for a while and notice blocky pixellation at transitions once burned to DVD. Tried various settings (VOB-Mux, VOB-Mux new format, etc.). Also, the program quits suddenly but randomly when muxing (right when I select it).

If either of these are due to the source files on the Tivo, or due to some failure in the process to transfer, can anyone suggest where to look (log files??) to start finding more information on what's going on? There is no pattern to it.

TIA.
    Not sure about the program quitting, but as to the transitions...do you have an Intel or AMD CPU?

If an Intel CPU, you need to open TyTool.ini and look for the QUALITY: line. Change it from 1 to 2. It isn't *quite* as good as 1 at the edit points, but it eliminates a bug that causes bad video when the edits are encoded on an Intel CPU.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Quote Originally Posted by gsquirrel02 View Post
    I ran into the same problem, but resolved it by having Vista run the program in XP compatibility mode for now.
    I have to chuckle. Tytool was the reason I hung on to WinXP as long as I did. Once I embraced Linux (ubuntu) and Wine it ran just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gsquirrel02 View Post
    I'm able to download .ty, create and edit key files, and vob-mux. But I cannot get it to complete the .ifo process.
    Can you clear-out your VIDEO_TS directory, then run make.bat in a dos window?

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    Not sure about the program quitting, but as to the transitions...do you have an Intel or AMD CPU?

If an Intel CPU, you need to open TyTool.ini and look for the QUALITY: line. Change it from 1 to 2. It isn't *quite* as good as 1 at the edit points, but it eliminates a bug that causes bad video when the edits are encoded on an Intel CPU.
    Thanks, cheer. It is an intel CPU, and I missed that one. I've changed it and will give it a go. As for the program quitting, I'll keep trying to track it down.

Remote download stops after 600 seconds

When I try to extract from a remote location the download stops and the program says it is finished downloading after 600 seconds, so I only get part of the show. What can I do to solve this?

Hendersonville, TN (just outside of Nashville)

File extraction incomplete

I have been successfully using Tytool 10r4 for some time now. I just ran in to an unusual problem with a file that stops extracting at the same point each time.

I double checked and the file is the complete show as seen on my HR10-250, but during extraction as mpg it stops at about 10 minutes from completion of extraction.

I go to view the file in VideoRedo and it has been cut off. It plays OK, but it is not the full show.

I tried extracting as ty file and viewing in GOP editor and it shows to be cut off there as well.

I have tried the extraction many times now. It stops at exactly the same point each time.

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Quick answer is download in tystream mode, then use tytompg to process it. Tytool does not handle files from 6.3a or 6.3b very well. tytompeg seems to process most problem files. See the tyotompg thread. If you are still at 3.1.5f I would still give tytompg on it and report back. Good Luck

Hendersonville, TN (just outside of Nashville)
    Quote Originally Posted by snoots View Post
    Quick answer is download in tystream mode, then use tytompg to process it. Tytool does not handle files from 6.3a or 6.3b very well. tytompeg seems to process most problem files. See the tyotompg thread. If you are still at 3.1.5f I would still give tytompg on it and report back. Good Luck

I already downloaded in tystream mode and tytompg after that. No different. In fact, the resultant file made via that process was identical in length as the one muxed during extraction.

BTW- this is a HR10-250 with software version 3.1.5f. Again, it has been working great. I will try a few other files.