Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Hendersonville, TN (just outside of Nashville)
    I just tried to extract a 20GB file from the Tivo. In the large Tytool window I saw several messages saying "bad dumps 2", but it kept going. When I came back the large main window said FINISHED, but the small tserver window said "connection reset by peer".

Again, the file was playable, but truncated. Anyone else have this or seen this before?

Quote Originally Posted by Growler View Post
    I just tried to extract a 20GB file from the Tivo. In the large Tytool window I saw several messages saying "bad dumps 2", but it kept going. When I came back the large main window said FINISHED, but the small tserver window said "connection reset by peer".

Again, the file was playable, but truncated. Anyone else have this or seen this before?
    There are known issues transferring large HD files with tytool. Try using mfs-ftp instead to extract your show.

Quote Originally Posted by kemac View Post
    There are known issues transferring large HD files with tytool. Try using mfs-ftp instead to extract your show.

Thanks kemac, I must have missed that here on this thread. Maybe you shed some light on the "connection being reset by the peer". I just successfully extracted a show. I confirmed it was complete via VRD. What is confusing is the message I saw when i got back to my computer after the extraction. Here it is:

Can you give me some pointers on using mfs-ftp to extract large shows?

Growler,

It doesn't look like your in tystream mode as snoots recommended. anyway, if your show is made up of more then 32 parts forget it your SOL. For your best shot at success use mfs_ftp to transfer the show and tytompeg to process.

Good luck!

Kelly

Growler,

It doesn't look like your in tystream mode as snoots recommended. anyway, if your show is made up of more then 32 parts forget it your SOL. For your best shot at success use mfs_ftp to transfer the show and tytompeg to process.

Good luck!

Kelly
    Hey Kelly,

This is just strange! I have been successfully using Tytool now for months and now for no reason I am aware it is regularly truncating extractions. I have extracted as ty file and mpg. Get the same result regardless. Whatever it is doing, it is doing it consistently.

Is there any chance this is a result of a setting that got changed?

I am using Smart ftp client. Can I "extract" the shows via this? If so, what directory are the shows stored?
    Last edited by Growler; 12-26-2006 at 05:31 PM.

35 TyTool with 6.3 HD DVR

I've seen a number of posts about TyTool having problems with 6.3, but none with any details. A couple mention tytompg or hdemux, but there are no details on what to do with them, how or if to integrate them into tytool, or how they may help.

I've been using TyTool with an HDVR2 for a few years now with no problems, but now with the HDDVR, I often have TyTool crash to windows, even on low def files. Why would the low def files be any different? My understanding is the DVR just puts the DTV stream into a file on the hard drive. Why would it be different on different models / os versions?

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get TyTool working with the HD-DVR?

Does anyone know if the HR10-250 HD DVR works with TyTool when running the Version 3 software?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dancewithmice View Post
    Does anyone know if the HR10-250 HD DVR works with TyTool when running the Version 3 software?
    I have been using Tytool with my HD Directivo HR10-250 since August 2006 with no problems (other than my stupidity). My unit is running version 3 software. I never upgrade.

If I can not figure this out soon I may just remove TyTool and reinstall to see if that helps.

I have reinstalled a new copy of Tytool and extracted the same file that has been giving me trouble. EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I had been hopeful during extraction as I saw no exception messages at all and transfer rate was significantly slower. I had hoped this slower transfer rate may aid in "getting it right". NO CIGAR.

So it appears the issue is with files themselves as they are on the HD Tivo as opposed to how they are after download. I have confirmed these files are full length TV programs. They just do not extract as such. They have been cut off.

Cheers- You out there? Have any experience with this?

Growler,

Good luck!

Kelly
    OK, so I am still on the trail. The reiterate, the issue is that somehow shows that are complete on the HD Tivo are truncated when brought over and muxed on the PC. One show in question was 2:41 on the Tivo, but on the PC it ended at 1:21.

This is what I have tried so far. Each time I got exactly the same results leading me to believe none of them were the problem.
    • Tytool extraction directly to mpg

• Tytool extraction to ty, then muxed with Tytool to mpg

• mfs_ftp extraction to ty and muxed to mpg with Tytool

Every single instance has the file short to exactly the same place. The common thread is that all muxing is being done with Tytool.

Here is an example of a file that is being truncated. Look at the size difference between a ty and an mpg.
    The size of the ty file extracted is 2,918,405 KB
    The size of the muxed file is 1,435,957 KB

Here is an example of a file which when muxed was complete.

The size of the ty file extracted is 2,443,264 KB
    The size of the muxed file is 2,448,239 KB

Very similar in size between ty and mpg.

Is it possible Tytool is stopping short of completion during muxing?
    Is there an alternative muxing tool for ty files?
    Last edited by Growler; 12-30-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Is it possible Tytool is stopping short of completion during muxing?
    Is there an alternative muxing tool for ty files?
    Yes and Yes, try tytompeg to see if you have better resuts. If you do have issues at least totympg is being actively supported, while tytool support has been on hiatus for some time.

Yes and Yes, try tytompeg to see if you have better resuts. If you do have issues at least totympg is being actively supported, while tytool support has been on hiatus for some time.

HOLY COW! I AM FIXED! The flaw is in the Tytool muxing. I do not know what is triggering the flaw, but at least I know how to get around it.

Thanks kemac!

Random PC Reboots during transfer

I'm running XP Pro and have successfully used tytools for quite a while although not often. I'm running 10r4. Recently I've had a lot of spontaneous reboots during transfers. I'll queue up half a dozen shows to transfer (mpg) and at some point, usually about 2/3 the way through the session, the PC will just reboot itself. No evidence in the event log.

Does anyone else have a similar issue or any clues? I'm using Intel Matrix Raid with two SATA drives plus a standalone SATA.
    DSR7000 6.2 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by fredfillis View Post
    I'm running XP Pro and have successfully used tytools for quite a while although not often. I'm running 10r4. Recently I've had a lot of spontaneous reboots during transfers. I'll queue up half a dozen shows to transfer (mpg) and at some point, usually about 2/3 the way through the session, the PC will just reboot itself. No evidence in the event log.

Does anyone else have a similar issue or any clues? I'm using Intel Matrix Raid with two SATA drives plus a standalone SATA.

If you are saying the tserver loses connection or the Tytool is rebooting, then yes I have seen that before.
    I am sorry to say I do not know why it does it, but I have gone to extracting only one or two programs at a time to try to avoid it.

If you are saying the tserver loses connection or the Tytool is rebooting, then yes I have seen that before.
    I am sorry to say I do not know why it does it, but I have gone to extracting only one or two programs at a time to try to avoid it.
    Nope, my PC reboots.
    DSR7000 6.2 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by fredfillis View Post
    Nope, my PC reboots.
    Wow! No I have never ahd that happen. Sorry I can't help.