Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Are you suggesting to convert to mpg using tytompg and then use TyTools to create a key file, edit the resulting file using tytools and then remux it using tytools? I've tried this and it doesn't work - the audio ends up getting removed. Same thing happens when I was trying to use HDTVtoMPEG2 with TS files from MyHD (found out the hardway actually after trying to view some DVDs that I had created this route). Or are you suggesting I just use tytompg and then use some of the other tools out there to remove commercials and get it into a DVD format? I've tried this as well but tytompg is hit-and-miss at times and still comes back with sync issues a lot of times.

bmp2y4 getlasterror ==2

I was having the same problem as listed in a few other posts:
    >>>
    there is a bug with the new version ... cannot run the create ifo option..
    create process failed: getlasterror == 2
    then a popup that says

there was an error running bmp2y4m...
    please check the directories for the .EXE and the menu.bmp file.

preview is fine...
    iso location directory is fine...

excutable is fine in my system32 directory....
    there is also a copy of bmp2y4m in the directory where tytool is being run from.

old version works fine...

even does it if I have no backround bitmap set....

2 files get created in the output directory
    menu.bmp
    and overlay.bmp
    >>>

I also noticed one other symptom, the menu element won't keep it's default set font type.

Through other searches and figuring what I changed, I found the answer. When I started using TyTools I was running the main exe directly from the folder. When I started getting the errors, I was running the file from a shortcut in the WinXP start menu. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Growler View Post
    HOLY COW! I AM FIXED! The flaw is in the Tytool muxing. I do not know what is triggering the flaw, but at least I know how to get around it.

Thanks kemac!
    How did you get around the incomplete download problem?

Quote Originally Posted by fredfillis View Post
    I'm running XP Pro and have successfully used tytools for quite a while although not often. I'm running 10r4. Recently I've had a lot of spontaneous reboots during transfers. I'll queue up half a dozen shows to transfer (mpg) and at some point, usually about 2/3 the way through the session, the PC will just reboot itself. No evidence in the event log.

Does anyone else have a similar issue or any clues? I'm using Intel Matrix Raid with two SATA drives plus a standalone SATA.
    Spontaneous reboots are indicative of bad memory. Get memtest86+ v1.70 and run it on your system for a day or two. I had a spontaneous reboot problem and it took 257 passes before it ferreted out the bad memory module. The vendor replaced the memory and the spontaneous reboots stopped.

Will jdiner pass the torch?

I'd be willing to take on the project from jdiner if he's really too busy to work on it. I'd really hate to see this project wither on the vine due to lack of time. At the very least, I'd just bug fix instead of adding new features if he doesn't want to lose control over his project.

TyTools gets error message

I use both TiVO Web Plus and TYTools 10 to download a recording to my WinXP PC. When I start tytools and attempt to multiplex the file, I get this error:

Mux'ing (with cuts): C:\video\Tivo\The French Revolution-.ty
    Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
    Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

DiffTime = 0.000000 (0) == 0.000000 Minutes

total = 1310720 (1 MB)

Done with 'C:\video\Tivo\The French Revolution-.ty'...

Quote Originally Posted by suebill View Post
    I use both TiVO Web Plus and TYTools 10 to download a recording to my WinXP PC. When I start tytools and attempt to multiplex the file, I get this error:

total = 1310720 (1 MB)

High Def ? If so local channel or sat ?

Quote Originally Posted by suebill View Post

total = 1310720 (1 MB)

This error means that the show is encrypted, you need to make sure the Tivo has the encryption disabled.

Well so much for that idea. Here I thought I might actually get married. Appears I was wrong. Amazing just how much time women can suck right up. As a result I am back and working on things...

So how is everybody? What's been going on? Any need for further dev on TyTool? What would you guys like to see the most?

Hope everyone has been well while I was away from the Forum.

--jdiner

Talking Welcome back Josh!

Well, I have to say it's her loss and our gain. As for new development and/or bug fixes, I think you should work on whatever you enjoy most. We're all fortunate to benefit from your contributions once again!

-Jerry

Regular DVD from HD recording (TNT)

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner View Post
    Well so much for that idea. Here I thought I might actually get married. Appears I was wrong. Amazing just how much time women can suck right up. As a result I am back and working on things...

So how is everybody? What's been going on? Any need for further dev on TyTool? What would you guys like to see the most?

Hope everyone has been well while I was away from the Forum.

--jdiner
    THere seems to be some problems with burning a regular DVD from a HD download. It would be nice if that could be automated.

Thanks!

Bill

Welcome back!

Sorry it didn't work out for you, not that I know any of the details in your relationship, but I can relate a bit: Was dating a girl that I thought there might be a lot more possible... She tells me on VALENTINES of all days that she is actually almost engaged to a guy back home. Would have been nice to know that before she "enjoyed" about $300 of my dollars and time. Not cool.

But on software fronts, I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I'm trying to extract from an HR10-250 using the 10r4 version... And I get MASSIVE audio errors in the log and the resultant files are pixelated and stuttering and totally unusable. Thoughts?

This has been the case since this box was upped to 6.3a, I'm just trying to extract everything so I can wipe it and up it again to 6.3c. There isn't a LOT on there, but it's enough that I don't want to lose it... And of course the box starts acting stupid and corrupts the card just at the beginning of the March Sweeps. Always. It did this same nonsense to me just before the November sweeps too, and the box was full then too. ARG!

I'm trying to bring the files down in mux mode, but it does this in ty mode too. I'm on the single network mode, multimode drives it nutso and any version crashes on the PC. 10r4 crashes on download too, after a couple minutes. No real idea why, as Windows is typically cryptic in it's complaint about the crash. Help?

I just went through the same thing...again. In my case, at least I found out the day before Valentine's Day. That sucked but far better than losing a lot of money.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

DAMN good to see ya, buddy!

What would you guys like to see the most?
    an audio presence indicator in the edit window.

Too many commercials fade to black before the audio ends, resulting in an annoying noise at the cut points.

btw, bev's dancing again.

Thumbs up Josh, Welcome Back

It's been a long time, and surprisingly, things are still working pretty good.

I'd like to see a "Find Commercial start/end" button in the editor that can hunt for the next black screen. It would be nice to play the sequence as the search is progressing (toward the start, or toward the end of a commercial sequence), with the ability to stop it if it appears that we went too far.

I hope that you stay around a little longer this time. We were all afraid that something happened to you. Any chance that you could post the software somewhere, just in case something takes you away again?

WELCOME BACK !!!!!!!