Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

The stream was off of an HD tivo but the stream was not in HD. If that matters??
    HR10-250 250m,3.1.5f,eth,ftpd,tivowebplus,fakecall,endpadplus

FAE Cut Start doesn't seem to be so "frame accurate"

In a GOP, the first frame that I choose in a cut (say 83 of 85) is a "T" frame. After saving the cut file and then selecting "VOB/Mux (New Format) 1", I can see that that frame is in the output. I'm using 10r4 and the problem is repeatable starting with different .ty files.

Quote Originally Posted by rcole
    In a GOP, the first frame that I choose in a cut (say 83 of 85) is a "T" frame. After saving the cut file and then selecting "VOB/Mux (New Format) 1", I can see that that frame is in the output. I'm using 10r4 and the problem is repeatable starting with different .ty files.
    What is a "T" frame? I've never heard any reference like that, only I, P, and B.

ew

It is how the Frame Editor describes the two fields which combine to make up an Interlaced frame. Top and Bottom. The visible movement and the numbers which appear next to "T" or "B" also provide clues that they are half-frames. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by mrdizzy
    It is how the Frame Editor describes the two fields which combine to make up an Interlaced frame. Top and Bottom. The visible movement and the numbers which appear next to "T" or "B" also provide clues that they are half-frames. HTH
    Right, okay. It's a top field of a frame. Haven't used FAE in a long time and I forgot that it indicates top and bottom fields.

ew

Incomplete multiplexing

I've been using TyTool 10r4 for a while now and have successfully transferred and multiplexed many shows. However, I have run into an issue with one movie. When I try to multiplex (convert ty to mpg), TyTool finishes before it has processed the entire file. The ty file is 7088 MB but multiplexing stops after 4176 MB which is just over an hour into the movie. No error, just says "Done with ....". Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Goob The Noob
    I've been using TyTool 10r4 for a while now and have successfully transferred and multiplexed many shows. However, I have run into an issue with one movie. When I try to multiplex (convert ty to mpg), TyTool finishes before it has processed the entire file. The ty file is 7088 MB but multiplexing stops after 4176 MB which is just over an hour into the movie. No error, just says "Done with ....". Ideas?
    Any chance you're using a filesystem that only allows 4GB files?

ew

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind
    Any chance you're using a filesystem that only allows 4GB files?

ew
    Nope, I'm using NTFS and have successfully transferred much larger files. As I've said, the ty file transferred fine, it's the multiplexing that quits early.
    Last edited by Goob The Noob; 02-04-2006 at 06:00 PM.

Need to add 0 empty audio packets!

I'm still running 10r3, so maybe this is already fixed in 10r4... If so, just let me know and I'll upgrade.

I'm getting a lot of this during Multiplex:

AudDIFF: Need to add 0 empty audio packets!
    Successfully filled in the Audio hole!

Only happens on maybe 1/4 of my extractions and doesn't seem to hurt anything - just seems weird that it needs to "add 0".

TyTool version 10r3. DSR6000 running 3.1.0. Windows XP.

-Zak

Quote Originally Posted by Goob The Noob
    Nope, I'm using NTFS and have successfully transferred much larger files. As I've said, the ty file transferred fine, it's the multiplexing that quits early.
    Pump up the message level in TyTool and see what you can see from that. Did you use a .cut file? If so, double check that you're not cutting out more than you meant to cut.
    (I'm guessing that you're not out of space on the Output drive.....)
    ew

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind
    Pump up the message level in TyTool and see what you can see from that. Did you use a .cut file? If so, double check that you're not cutting out more than you meant to cut.
    (I'm guessing that you're not out of space on the Output drive.....)
    ew
    I didn't make any cuts. I decided to just rerecord the show and try again, the second recording multiplexed fine.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've been gone for awhile (moved) and I can't remember what this file was....

There was some file, maybe the cygwin.dll that didn't work correctly on P4 machines, it worked fine on amd based processors. Is this still an issue? Or do I need to dig up my old files to use with these newer releases?

Still there (AKAIK).

There is a setting the in the IFO builder page to set the quality at 1 or 2. 2 it needs to be on my Intel Celeron.

Yep, set it to 2 on your P4. I didn't realize this for a long time (ahh, ignorance) and the FAE cuts look horrid when made with it set to 1 on my P4 laptop. They look fine when done on my AMD box, however.

2 does result in lesser-quality encoding at the cut point, but not so's you'd notice (or at least I don't notice it).
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

And Doesn't Work

Josh,

I noticed this once or twice before, but didn't bring it up, but tonight I created file sets using a number of sources which have the ampersand character in the name, but the menu creation tool shows it as an underscore. I have to replace the "&" in the name with "and". This is a slight pain, and what's more, titles with "&" in them tend to be somewhat long. In two cases, using "&" would have resulted in a single line menu title, but adding the two characters pushed it over the line limit, so these had to be displayed on two lines, not one. It's rather odd the IFO tool recognizes "`~@#$%^*()_-+=" but not "&". Is this something which could be easily fixed?
    Last edited by lrhorer; 02-06-2006 at 02:20 AM.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script