Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Hey Jdiner. Glad to see you're still around kicking out new versions. Needed to pop in and get the latest build. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by WinBear
    Is "Split Multiplex" not working? I recorded a couple of music video programs, extracted, made cut files and selected "Split Multiplex" and the first video completed, but TyTool10r4 crashes almost immediately after starting the 2nd file with either recording.
    As a work-around... you can always VOB-mux the cut files, then feed the resulting VOB to DVD2AVI - Choose "Save project...". It will create a WAV file. Very quickly, too.

Quote Originally Posted by artships
    As a work-around... you can always VOB-mux the cut files, then feed the resulting VOB to DVD2AVI - Choose "Save project...". It will create a WAV file. Very quickly, too.
    Actually, I found TyTool9r18 worked for all but one troublesome file.

Option for No Menu?

I want to create the Audio_TS folder and the Video_TS folder with the DVD files but I don't want a menu created. All the programs I have found out there to take a vob file and do this seem to give me an error message. Is there a way to do it with TyTools.

I guess using DVDAuthor might work but I don't really understand how to use the source code and get that running. Any other suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by GR00316
    I want to create the Audio_TS folder and the Video_TS folder with the DVD files but I don't want a menu created. All the programs I have found out there to take a vob file and do this seem to give me an error message. Is there a way to do it with TyTools.
    Sorta. Get a DVD player that will play just a raw mpg all by itself on a disk and use TyTool to create the mpg. Or, go ahead and make a menu, but edit the make.bat file afterwards to immediately play the video and run the bat file again. See http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...enu#post158586
    Note: you'll have to delete the contents of the VIDEO_TS directory before re-running make.bat.

Is anyone able to watch and hear HD content directly from a .ty file that was extracted using tytool 10? I am using tyshow .14 and my hd content won't play any audio.

Do you have an AC3 codec installed? Most HD streams have AC3 audio.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Well boys and girls I could really use some help and the collective wisdom found in this group right about now.

It turns out I have been burning nothing but coasters for awhile. I thought it was the most recent set of changes I had made to TyTool. But when I rolled all the way back to TyTool9r17 it was still there.

So I made and image and burned it with the old slow drive in another machine and it plays perfectly. I then burned that same image on my main machine and sure enough it fails nicely.

I got a few nice 4x DVD-RW disks to save cost on all of this testing and 20+ burn tests later nothing I burn in the new drive with Nero will work. I tried 5.5.10.56 which is what I run on the slower drive but it doesn't recognize the newer/faster drive. Now I originally had 7.0.0.0 installed as it came with the new CPU/MOBO/Drive I purchased a few months ago. So I tried upgrading to the latest 7.0.5.4 same behaviour, so I tried 6.6.0.1, same behaviour, so anyway I tried a few other versions and they all do the same thing.

The disk will play in my apex 600a and my Mintek 1600, these will play darn near anything, but all fo the other players in my testbed do not recognize it as a disk. My JVC gets so freaked out it leave the disk spinning on the tray once I hit the eject button. Never ever seen that one before...

I am beginning to come to the conclusion that it might be the drive itself. While I have had great luck with pioneer drives to this point things right now aren't really looking good.

So I am looking for a recommendations on working software that people are using. Be it new versions of Nero that actually work, or other tools lay it on me. I am willing to try anything at this point because as it stands right now I can burn nothing. I have quite a backlog and that's fun...

BTW, last thing I tried was ImgBurn but that one wants it to already be an image and since those aren't being produced I could go no further...

Seriously, any ideas? suggestions?

Baring that what burners are you guys using and having success with? I may just need to buy a new one...

--jdiner

You describe a drive with a worn out laser.

If you really want to put more time into this, get KProbe at http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=93944 and use a Lite-On drive to test your burns.

FWIW, I really like the NEC drives. They cost a little less and the firmwares from http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/ are fantastic.

--

Hey, who told you you're allowed to burn discs. You're only supposed to write TyTool updates to support OUR hobbies!!! :P
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    You describe a drive with a worn out laser.
    Yeah. Right up to the part where it is a brand new drive, less than 4 months old, that has burn about 45 total disks.

I just don't get it. But then hardware was never really... my thing.

--jdiner

I'm using Nero 6.6.0.18 and the latest version of tytool without any problem. I have to say it sounds like a hardware issue rather than a software one. Is the burner under warranty?

Could just be a crappy drive to begin with...I've seen it happen.

For what it's worth, I've been using Nero 6.3.1.20 on just about every drive in the house for some time without issue, but I've had success with just about every Nero 6.x version of software I've tried.

But I agree with Fred...this is a drive problem. Newegg has the NEC drives for less than $40.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaka
    I'm using Nero 6.6.0.18 and the latest version of tytool without any problem. I have to say it sounds like a hardware issue rather than a software one. Is the burner under warranty?
    Yeah. It is still under warantee. I got it fron NewEgg IIRC.

I think I will just order a new one of the NECs that you guys all seem to like and then see what I can do about getting this one fixed or replaced. Such a shame. Before this I would have, and have on many occasions, recommend Pioneer drives whole heartedly. After this I am just not sure I can.

I have used the verify write option on almost ever disk. Only to find out just a few days ago that what I was making have all been bad...

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    But I agree with Fred...this is a drive problem. Newegg has the NEC drives for less than $40.
    So which one would you recommend? They have the ND-3550A for $42 with free shipping, which is I suppose a decent price. Or the same drive for $38.99 with $5 in shipping... (That one threw me at first...

Anyway, I suppose since that is the only NEC drive newegg carries is it the one you guys are recommending.

Thanks for the help...
    --jdiner

Also, make sure you don't have anything on your system that might impede burning of CDs/DVDs. There are a few things out there right now that have some severe side effects, like the infamous SonyBMG CD copy protection (http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/200...al-rights.html) or that new Korean DVD copy protection mechanism called "Alpha", first found on German DVDs (http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/69361).

So hopefully it's a non-working drive . Good luck, and thanks for your hard work from my side as well!

-Christian