Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Hey Josh,

Do you have another dvd burner or CD burner besides the pioneer?

EDIT:

that is on the same machine, if you do you might try using only one, see if that helps
    Last edited by superleo; 02-15-2006 at 02:26 PM.

DSR6k dual 40G drives + turbonet
    Sat T60 dual 40G drives + turbonet
    GXCEBOT single 80G drive + turbonet + wirelessbridge
    Phillips SA 20G + 120G + turbonet + wirelessbridge
    Hughes HDVR2 200G + USB2 + superpatch67 + linksys dd-wrt bridged + MRV
    RCA DVR39 500G + USB2 + superpatch67 + linksys dd-wrt bridged + MRV

THE TiVo is the NETWORK!

Quote Originally Posted by superleo
    Do you have another dvd burner or CD burner besides the pioneer?
    Sort of... I have 2 pioneers. A 108d (8x burner) that I have had for 18 months or so, and this new 109d 16x burner that I have had now for 6 months.

So while I have a second drive it is the pretty much the same as the first. I gave my older pioneer away (4x burner) and had a really old 1x from about 4 years ago that I threw away.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Sort of... I have 2 pioneers. A 108d (8x burner) that I have had for 18 months or so, and this new 109d 16x burner that I have had now for 6 months.

So while I have a second drive it is the pretty much the same as the first. I gave my older pioneer away (4x burner) and had a really old 1x from about 4 years ago that I threw away.

--jdiner
    I have my 1x Pioneer in my linux box. It pains me to think back to how much I paid for that one compared to what you can get a 16X for today.

--jdiner
    Just for the sake of it, try this:

dbl click on my computer, on the drive that is giving you porblems go to properites, go to the recording tab and make sure that the checkmark for recording CD it checked.

Test burning ... see if that changes anything

DSR6k dual 40G drives + turbonet
    Sat T60 dual 40G drives + turbonet
    GXCEBOT single 80G drive + turbonet + wirelessbridge
    Phillips SA 20G + 120G + turbonet + wirelessbridge
    Hughes HDVR2 200G + USB2 + superpatch67 + linksys dd-wrt bridged + MRV
    RCA DVR39 500G + USB2 + superpatch67 + linksys dd-wrt bridged + MRV

THE TiVo is the NETWORK!

that is on the same machine, if you do you might try using only one, see if that helps
    Oh no. Just 1 burner in the machine having problems and 1 DVD-Rom drive.

--jdiner

dbl click on my computer, on the drive that is giving you porblems go to properites, go to the recording tab and make sure that the checkmark for recording CD it checked.
    No change. I have come to the conclusion it is a bad drive. I am going to warantee it and have ordered an NEC 3550a from NewEgg. Hopefully it will arrive soon. As least I can quite worrying about what has gone wrong at this point.

--jdiner

So which one would you recommend? They have the ND-3550A for $42 with free shipping, which is I suppose a decent price. Or the same drive for $38.99 with $5 in shipping... (That one threw me at first...

Anyway, I suppose since that is the only NEC drive newegg carries is it the one you guys are recommending.
    That's the one; the 3550A. I don't see the free shipping one on newegg right now, but it could simply be the difference between retail/OEM or faceplate color or somesuch...
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by GR00316
    I want to create the Audio_TS folder and the Video_TS folder with the DVD files but I don't want a menu created. All the programs I have found out there to take a vob file and do this seem to give me an error message. Is there a way to do it with TyTools.
    Okay, here's the easiest workaround...
    Use TyTool to create a dvd with a basic menu. Then open the file set with DVDShrink and select Re-Author. Select only the main movie and save to a new fileset or iso and burn your dvd.

BTW, I don't take credit for this idea. This question came up in another thread a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    That's the one; the 3550A. I don't see the free shipping one on newegg right now, but it could simply be the difference between retail/OEM or faceplate color or somesuch...
    It disappeared between the time I first searched the site and when I read enough reviews to place the order. So I started watching the "4 pages of deals" just out of curiosity. I could see someone moving through the database altering prices and removing free shipping etc... I.e. 1 item after another changed. Kind of interesting.

I got it anyway because I need the replacement but it was just kind of sad that my timing was just that tiny bit off.

--jdiner

I am new to extraction/hacking and first want to say thanks to jdiner for creating such a great, easy to use tool. It took almost no time at all to extract, cut the commericals from, and burn the first few TV shows that I wanted to archive. I've read through the FAQ, all the release notes, many of TyTool threads, and searched the forum, but have not found exactly what I am looking for yet. My question is about splitting a large file in to mutiple smaller files. Specifically the season finale of Arrested Development, which was recorded by my DTivo as one 2-hour episode, but is really 4 separate 30 minutes shows. I want to have one file for each of the episodes instead of one file containing all 4 episodes (which I've already made).

I could use TyFileSplit to break it up, but it seems like there ought to be a better way. Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like TyFileSplit can really only make one cut, making it easy to cut the last episode from the rest, or the last 2 episodes from the first 2, but not too easy to cut just the 3rd episode from the 1st, 2nd, and 4th episodes. I admit I have not played with it much yet.

Is is easier to get the orginal Ty file and then make and rename 4 copies, and then just treat it like any other file, cutting the unwanted episodes and commericals? Or do I only need to make additional key files from one original ty file?

What's the best way to do this? I would appreciate a nudge in the right direction or some help with the right search parameters.

Thanks,

Jim

Here's what I do:
    1. Get a single .ty file and generate key file
    2. Edit in TyTool, trimming everything but the first episode
    3. Save cut file
    4. Mux to MPG
    5. Rename MPG file (I don't know if TyTool is smart enough to not overwrite and never bothered to find out)
    6. Delete .CUT file
    7. GOTO 2 (substituting "second," "third," and "fourth" for "first")

So you only need one .ty file to do the whole thing. There may be an easier way but this works for me.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    Here's what I do:
    1. Get a single .ty file and generate key file
    2. Edit in TyTool, trimming everything but the first episode
    3. Save cut file
    4. Mux to MPG
    5. Rename MPG file (I don't know if TyTool is smart enough to not overwrite and never bothered to find out)
    6. Delete .CUT file
    7. GOTO 2 (substituting "second," "third," and "fourth" for "first")

So you only need one .ty file to do the whole thing. There may be an easier way but this works for me.
    This is what I also do, but two things,
    (1)TyTool DOES rename the resulting Vob or Mpeg adding a "_1" or "_2" etc before the .mpg, so there's no danger of overwriting. You can save the renaming until you check all the edited mpgs/vobs;
    (2) On the other hand the .cut file IS overwritten, so you don't have to delete it before the new edit.

-- So don't rename, and don't delete, just edit and mux each time and generate a pile of mpegs, then deal with them later. Note to do the new edit you can double-click on the time of the last line in the edit list to go to that point, then continue on after deleting the list.

I have long requested "Nested Editing" as FredThompson will tell you, so that "cuts" will remove commercials, and "Splits" (as an additional button in the GOP editor) will "split" each segment. I frequently have to deal with 10 Gig+ tysteams with multiple feature films and shorts, and it takes a long time to have to scan through the whole file each time up to the point where the film starts muxing. It would be nice for just one pass to do it all.

It disappeared between the time I first searched the site and when I read enough reviews to place the order. So I started watching the "4 pages of deals" just out of curiosity. I could see someone moving through the database altering prices and removing free shipping etc... I.e. 1 item after another changed. Kind of interesting.
    Is that like hanging out in the produce section in anticipation of when it "rains"?
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by BustedSony
    I frequently have to deal with 10 Gig+ tysteams with multiple feature films and shorts, and it takes a long time to have to scan through the whole file each time up to the point where the film starts muxing. It would be nice for just one pass to do it all.
    um...ah...harumph!!

Doesn't one of the MPEG (as opposed to VOB) muxing routines do just this? It saves each section as an individual file.

I did that for a while then realized I liked a single file and the default 5-minute chapters. I mean, it's not like I'm a crazed collector hiding out in the polar regions aggonizing over every little detail.
    Last edited by FredThompson; 02-16-2006 at 05:01 AM.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Doesn't one of the MPEG (as opposed to VOB) muxing routines do just this? It saves each section as an individual file.
    Yes, but it splits only, so that the result is a collection of individual bits of everything, the wanted films as well as the unwanted promos, and you can't join anything within the splits. Also it uses the "old" muxing routine, not the preferred "new" vob/mux. If you JUST initially cut, and leave the result as one big vob, when you split THAT into individual films the sound sync goes off, also again it uses the old routine to remux.