Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    BTW, last thing I tried was ImgBurn but that one wants it to already be an image and since those aren't being produced I could go no further...
    --jdiner
    Sounds like you've found the problem, but for completeness, to use ImgBurn, you need to make the ISO image first. You can use ImgTool Classic to do that... http://www.coujo.de/ib2/index.php?ac..._name=download

Yeah. I found and read up on ImgTool. The problem I had was that it added another major step to the process. Another 4+ gig of disk space was needed for the image output. It just wasnt worth it to me... Not then as a testbed and to be honest not now as a part of the TyTool process...

But thanks for the info.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by The Flush
    I want to have one file for each of the episodes instead of one file containing all 4 episodes (which I've already made).
    TyFileSplit was for making a new section that had a problem to send to me way way way back when. It does not really suit the purposes you have.

There is really no automated way to do what you want. When I have had to do that, all 3 or 4 times, I have make a key file and cut file for the first show. I then VOB mux it out. At which point I made a new cut file for the second show (I have never had more than 2 in my own stuff) and then vob-mux'ed it out.

You can save the cut file to different names but have to put it back to the proper name for the system to find it. The system will automatically provide the -1, -2, -3 etc.. for the repeating VOB names but the cut files really don't work like that.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by BustedSony
    I have long requested "Nested Editing" as FredThompson will tell you, so that "cuts" will remove commercials, and "Splits" (as an additional button in the GOP editor) will "split" each segment. I frequently have to deal with 10 Gig+ tysteams with multiple feature films and shorts, and it takes a long time to have to scan through the whole file each time up to the point where the film starts muxing. It would be nice for just one pass to do it all.
    It was in before the dark ages began. I will put it back into TyTool in one of the next few releases. Come to think of it all fo the work on the SplitMuxer got lost as well. It will be back sometime soon.

--jdiner

Now to make matters worse I tried one more burn. I used Roxio Creator 8 in the data mode, wouldn't let me set anything really, no UDF 1.02 nothing, but the burned disk worked in the various players. Ack! Pfffttt. I have no idea what the difference is as they are burning tools from different companies... So all I can really say at this point is that getting a new drive and starting over is still probably the right solution. And besides the new drive should be here tomorrow so then all should be well.

Anyone using the Roxio software and want to fill me in on the proper options and setting to use? At this point it is more matter of curiosity than anything else but I am curious soul so there you are.

--jdiner

Thanks for the great advice on splitting my shows. It won't be difficult, and I agree with jdiner that it is something I won't have to do very often.

It was in before the dark ages began. I will put it back into TyTool in one of the next few releases. Come to think of it all fo the work on the SplitMuxer got lost as well. It will be back sometime soon.

--jdiner
    I will say though Josh that using the latest build of TyTool has been a pleasure. Everything is in sync, and it's fast. If it goes wrong it goes REALLY wrong ("Infinite Holes") but otherwise this is the best time I've had with TyTool. Thank You.

I would like to ask this question as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Clark
    does anyone how to fix an error that I am getting when I try to edit key files using TyTool 10.4 and cygwin.dll of the 1st page of this thread.

"ERROR Input file C:\file name.key is NOT GOP Editor Key File"
    Looked for a response to that and couldn't find any.
    Any idea?

Well. The problems with my burner continue... It would appear that even with the new drive the thing is still making bad disks. Since I have tried all new software etc... and nothing with nero works but Roxio's Creator8 software did even with the old drive that the problem appears to be software...

A long time ago there were ASPI layer repair or replacement tools. Anyone here familiar with such? I begin to think a full rebuild of this machine is necessary I just... don't want too. I had plans for TyTool for this weekend and a full rebuild will eat all of that time.

So before I started I thought I would ask. Anyone have any help or suggestions.

--jdiner

Josh, just wondering if you have a media issue as a result of your old drive? Are you using the same DVD-RWs with the new drive or fresh media? If your using the same media you should make sure you reformat with the new drive. Have you tried a DVD-R?

Just some quick thoughts...

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by kemac
    Josh, just wondering if you have a media issue as a result of your old drive? Are you using the same DVD-RWs with the new drive or fresh media? If your using the same media you should make sure you reformat with the new drive. Have you tried a DVD-R?
    Tried a DVD-R. did a full slow reformat. Nothing in either drive on the new machine works in my DVD players. Take the RW media back to the old drive with , it turns out, Pioneer 107D burner and the same source files just copied over the network burn and play fine.

So I found ForceASPI online. I removed the old aspi drivers, rebooted, did a full install of Nero, rebooted, and still bad burns on this machine. It is a HT AMD Athlon 64 X2. All I can think of now is that it is a corrupted windows problem, or a driver issue. I went to the gigabyte website and found that I have the latest drivers (not a surprise given that the machine is < 4 months old). So that leaves possibly a bad DMA/IDE driver, bad IDE controller, although verify always returns that it burned it as it should so I kind of doubt the controller, or ?!!?

I was just thinking I am using the MoBo controller for the burner and secondary DVD-ROM. Maybe I should use a seperate controller card. I have one. Wonder if that would help...

Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

--jdiner

So I found ForceASPI online. I removed the old aspi drivers, rebooted, did a full install of Nero, rebooted, and still bad burns on this machine.
    --jdiner
    What does Nero Infotool show for the ASPI layer? What happens if you change it to Nero (if it's not already) ?

ew

No audio in VOB file?

Hi,

Any idea why there's no audio in a VOB file I created using TyTool10r4 from an otherwise functional MPG file?

Here's what I did:

1. Extracted an HD show in .tmf fomat from my HR10-250 via mfs_ftp (because of TyTool's known problem with gargantuan files).
    2. Used the GOP editor to cut commercials and other junk and MUXed the result to an .mpg file.
    3. Used mencoder to transcode that "HD" .mpg file into an "SD" NTSC DVD-compliant .mpg file.
    4. Used TyTool to MUX that "SD" DVD-compliant .mpg to a .vob.

The "HD" .mpg and the "SD" DVD-compliant .mpg all play perfectly fine in mplayer and PowerDVD. But the .vob file has no audio when played in PowerDVD and, in fact, its file size is smaller than the .mpg file by the "size" of the audio info.

TyTool didn't appear to dislike the .mpg file, based on this log:

Code:
    Detected Tivo Type: VOB/MPEG File
    Detected Audio Stream Type: Dolby Digital 5.1
    Final standardAudioSize = 1536
    Final standardFrameLength = 1536
    Final standardAudioDiff = 2880 or 00:00:00.032
    .........  100.........  200.........  300.........  400.........  500
      [snip]
    DiffTime = 296.531014 (296531) == 4.942184 Minutes
    total = 4697294848 (4479 MB)

Done with 'xxx.mpg'...
    The mencoder command I used to transcode was as follows:

Code:
    mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd \
      -vf crop=1254:1066,scale=720:480,harddup -srate 48000 \
      -af lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts \
      vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=3734:keyint=18:aspect=16/9 \
      -ofps 30000/1001 -o sd-ntsc-dvd.mpg hd.mpg
    I should add that I'm using the latest "unified" mfs_*, tserver, etc. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Jim S.

Take the RW media back to the old drive with , it turns out, Pioneer 107D burner and the same source files just copied over the network burn and play fine. --jdiner
    That sounds like a good clue. Wonder if there is an issue with the source files on your local hard drive? Might be worth scanning the drive for errors and/or trying some different source files from a different drive or location.

Very strange issue you have, good luck! BTW- I had my wireless router, the fan on my graphics cardand a SATA data cable all go bad on me this week... I hope this is the last issue you have for a while as you have had your share of issues lately!

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind
    What does Nero Infotool show for the ASPI layer? What happens if you change it to Nero (if it's not already) ?
    It now reports nothing installed for system ASPI and the very latest from Nero.com's website, also came as part of the 7.0.0.0 disks I got with my CPU. I left it selected on Nero's and while it does work on the disk I am getting the same busted output.

I wish I knew why... but sometimes lately when it comes to hardware it would seem my computers are out to get me...

--jdiner