Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by wbelhaven
    Any idea why there's no audio in a VOB file I created using TyTool10r4 from an otherwise functional MPG file?
    There is actually a bug in that code at the moment where every now and again it fails on the audio processing. I found it here when working on some files about 2 weeks ago. I haven't fix it yet. My hope was to get it fixed today but right now I am fighting with this stupid hardware so I can start burning things out again. once I get that working I will start working on a few other things... That hopefully will still be one of them.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by BustedSony
    I will say though Josh that using the latest build of TyTool has been a pleasure. Everything is in sync, and it's fast. If it goes wrong it goes REALLY wrong ("Infinite Holes") but otherwise this is the best time I've had with TyTool. Thank You.
    Yeah yeah yeah I am working on that one as well. Right now I am trying a Win2k repair process to see if that works. A small chance but faster than a full rebuild. Then I roll up to WinXP64 as this is after all a 64bit CPU in this machine...

If that doesn't fix it I go to the movies...

--jdiner

Re: No audio in VOB file?

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    There is actually a bug in that code [.vob mux] at the moment where every now and again it fails on the audio processing.
    Roger that, and thanks for the quick reply. PM me if you need someone to try out the fix, or if you'd like me to upload a snippet of my troublesome .mpg for testing.

In the mean time, is there a simple freeware app that will author a DVD from a single .mpg file into a DVD filesystem (video_ts, etc.) wherein the .mpg becomes the lone title which plays automagically (i.e., with no DVD menu)? It must not choke on an AC3 audio track. That would keep me moving forward while jdiner works on a fix.

Cheers,
    Jim S.

Folks, I have some issue and I would appreciate any advise you can give.

1. In TyTools 10r4, when I click Server / Start Server, I am getting the following error: "Starting the server failed. Never Received the telnet prompt. Please check your settings and try again.".
    I did check the settings and every thing looks as it should be.
    If I telnet from command prompt and start the server manually, it starts without a problem.
    tserver is located in /var/hack

2. After I connect manually and transfer recordings from TiVo on my computer, and then try to "make key file", TyTools work on the file and after a while says "done". Then, when I try to "edit key file" I am getting the following error"
    "ERROR Input file C:\file name.key is NOT GOP Editor Key File"
    Also, during "make key file", the progress in TyTools does not look like it suppose be.

Doing the same thin on another computer that I have is working perfect.
    Any idea what that might be?

Thanks for any advise.

Quote Originally Posted by SBI
    1. In TyTools 10r4, when I click Server / Start Server, I am getting the following error: "Starting the server failed. Never Received the telnet prompt. Please check your settings and try again.".
    I did check the settings and every thing looks as it should be.
    If I telnet from command prompt and start the server manually, it starts without a problem.
    tserver is located in /var/hack

2. After I connect manually and transfer recordings from TiVo on my computer, and then try to "make key file", TyTools work on the file and after a while says "done". Then, when I try to "edit key file" I am getting the following error"
    "ERROR Input file C:\file name.key is NOT GOP Editor Key File"
    Also, during "make key file", the progress in TyTools does not look like it suppose be.

Doing the same thin on another computer that I have is working perfect.
    Any idea what that might be?

Thanks for any advise.
    Sounds like it's not receiving what it thinks the prompt should be. I think the default is '$' and if you don't have that in your prompt string then you need to tell TyTool10r4.exe (by way of the preferences wizard) what to look for (pick a character or string from the telnet prompt).

ew

I wish I knew why... but sometimes lately when it comes to hardware it would seem my computers are out to get me...

--jdiner
    Do you ever see a strange aura surrounding you when you see your reflection in the dark (especially red) ??

ew

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind
    Sounds like it's not receiving what it thinks the prompt should be. I think the default is '$' and if you don't have that in your prompt string then you need to tell TyTool10r4.exe (by way of the preferences wizard) what to look for (pick a character or string from the telnet prompt).

ew
    Thanks!! I run a new download of TyTools and used the defualt string that for some reason was not in the previous one and everything is working great now...both problems solved.

Thanks!!!

Edit: Well, not really...still cannot "make key file" to shows I download from the TiVo. This is the error that I am getting in the log file"

Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
    Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

DiffTime = 0.000000 (0) == 0.000000 Minutes

total = 1310720 (1 MB)

Done with 'F:\show name-.ty'...
    Last edited by SBI; 02-18-2006 at 08:07 PM.

35 To Josh, re: dvd writing

A stupid question, the DVDr problems didn't start after switching to Nero 7.0.0.0...? The early builds of nero 7 are notoriously buggy, it simply doesn't work. I'm sticking to 6.6.0.16 (not even the latest build of Nero 6) since it works flawlessly for me.

Found an OOB packet... The Video Diff is: 00:07:52.947
    sVid is: 00:04:25.885
    largestVideoPTS is: 00:12:18.832
    BBB the PTS was bad, but the new SEQ check lines up|!?
    Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:00:00.024
    sAud is: 00:12:18.634
    largestAudioPTS is: 00:12:18.826
    It is in sequence... Everything is fine...

PTS Reset Detected... Correction in progress...

Found an OOB packet... The Video Diff is: 00:07:53.181
    sVid is: 00:04:25.951
    largestVideoPTS is: 00:12:19.133
    BBB the PTS was bad, but the new SEQ check lines up|!?
    Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:07:53.115
    sAud is: 00:04:25.711
    largestAudioPTS is: 00:12:18.826
    Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 19713.125000 frames.
    Nope... Not in sequence... Skipping it...

how will effect my video? this happen when i mulitpelx the file.

Quote Originally Posted by SBI
    Edit: Well, not really...still cannot "make key file" to shows I download from the TiVo. This is the error that I am getting in the log file"

Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
    Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...
    This is a very-frequently-asked question. Your shows are encrypted.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Calling all cars...

Well a full OS rebuild later and using the 6.6.0.16 version mentioned here by a few as rock solid and stable produced exactly the same result. Disks that play in my apex and nowhere else. I am rapidly running out of ideas. I have never had problems like this with a burner before.

While I think it might be better to take it out of the thread at this point I would really love some help from anyone that has any ideas on what I might do next. I have kind of exhausted my knowledge store house. While I appriciate the help from all and sundry I hate getting so personally off topic in the thread.

I can't help but wonder what might be causing it? This is the first HT CPU, dual core AMD, that I have ever had I wonder if that has some kind of an impact on burning. Do any of you guys/gals have such a setup that you have working? And if so what is in it and how did you get it working?

My machine is:
    Gigabyte k8u 939 motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    2 gig of ram
    NEC 3550a burner.
    Running Win2k SP1 (post yesterdays full rebuild.) (SP2 prior to that)

So if anyone has a machine that is close and has it working properly and is willing to help a bit then please please please PM me.

Thanks,
    --jdiner

Well a full OS rebuild later and using the 6.6.0.16 version mentioned here by a few as rock solid and stable produced exactly the same result. Disks that play in my apex and nowhere else. I am rapidly running out of ideas. I have never had problems like this with a burner before.

While I think it might be better to take it out of the thread at this point I would really love some help from anyone that has any ideas on what I might do next. I have kind of exhausted my knowledge store house. While I appriciate the help from all and sundry I hate getting so personally off topic in the thread.

I can't help but wonder what might be causing it? This is the first HT CPU, dual core AMD, that I have ever had I wonder if that has some kind of an impact on burning. Do any of you guys/gals have such a setup that you have working? And if so what is in it and how did you get it working?

My machine is:
    Gigabyte k8u 939 motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    2 gig of ram
    NEC 3550a burner.
    Running Win2k SP1 (post yesterdays full rebuild.) (SP2 prior to that)

So if anyone has a machine that is close and has it working properly and is willing to help a bit then please please please PM me.

Thanks,
    --jdiner
    I have an Alienware machine that has the Asus A8n-SLI Deluxe MB with X2-4800, 2 GIG ram , and NEC ND-3520A burner. I recently rebuilt it with Asus drivers WinXP sp2 with latest patches, and Nero 7, and I haven't had any problems with burned DVD's. I'll be happy to try helping.

Robbie

Calling all cars...

What firmware is on your 3550a? It looks like they shipped w/1.04... 1.05 is the latest official release.
    http://support.necsam.com/optical/do...flashfirmware/

as Fred linked earlier, Liggy's and Dee's has the originals and modified firmware on their page:
    http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/3550/
    (just for unnecessary redundancy, loading modded firmware voids warranty)

pre-requisite silly questions:
    dma enabled on the ide channel?
    different media?
    Shaking a chicken bone and a feather over it while burning?

Get thee to Staples or Staples.com and buy one of the I/O Magic burners that are $20 after rebates. Odds are it's a Lite-On drive. Methinks you've "spent" far more value in time on this than the cost of replacement hardware.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by wbelhaven
    Roger that, and thanks for the quick reply. PM me if you need someone to try out the fix, or if you'd like me to upload a snippet of my troublesome .mpg for testing.
    Will do but I have like 8 bad ones of my own at the moment. Not sure what went wrong but given that many bad elements it shouldn't be that hard to track down. I will post here in the forum when I have the fix in place, should I need testing I will PM you directly.

--jdiner