Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by SBI
    2. After I connect manually and transfer recordings from TiVo on my computer, and then try to "make key file", TyTools work on the file and after a while says "done". Then, when I try to "edit key file" I am getting the following error"
    "ERROR Input file C:\file name.key is NOT GOP Editor Key File"
    Also, during "make key file", the progress in TyTools does not look like it suppose be.
    This has been reported in a string lately. The problem is that you if you DO NOT HAVE SCRAMBLING DISABLED then when you got to make a key the system creates the starting header for the file but puts no further data into it. Thus the file is darn near empty byte wise and completely empty of usable key data. So you wind up with the above error. Disable scrambling using the varied techniques posted here on this forum and either make new recordings that aren't scrambled or extract them in a fashion to defeat/remove and it and you should be good to go.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind
    Do you ever see a strange aura surrounding you when you see your reflection in the dark (especially red) ??
    Yes. But only on occasion.

Well after removing the OS from this computer, switching out the controller card, replacing the 80-pin ribbon cable and trying a dozen different versions of Nero I have had no luck.

Or at least until now. With all of those things replaced I tried one last thing. Turning on XBox compatibility on this HT/dual machine. And it works. I am not burning "correctly". But I haven't needed that option in a very very long time. I checked my other machine with the slower burner and it does not have it on but has been working this whole time. Makes me wonder if it would have worked had I done that before I worked this machine over so thoroughly...

So it got me thinking... How many of you guys have to have that setting on, or have it on still, and how many have it off. It would be interesting, IMHO, to see what the counts were.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by lee78221
    Found an OOB packet... The Video Diff is: 00:07:52.947
    sVid is: 00:04:25.885
    largestVideoPTS is: 00:12:18.832
    BBB the PTS was bad, but the new SEQ check lines up|!?
    Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:00:00.024
    sAud is: 00:12:18.634
    largestAudioPTS is: 00:12:18.826
    It is in sequence... Everything is fine...

PTS Reset Detected... Correction in progress...

Found an OOB packet... The Video Diff is: 00:07:53.181
    sVid is: 00:04:25.951
    largestVideoPTS is: 00:12:19.133
    BBB the PTS was bad, but the new SEQ check lines up|!?
    Found an OOB packet... The Audio Diff is: 00:07:53.115
    sAud is: 00:04:25.711
    largestAudioPTS is: 00:12:18.826
    Is it in sequence??? It is OFF by exactly 19713.125000 frames.
    Nope... Not in sequence... Skipping it...

how will effect my video? this happen when i mulitpelx the file.
    That is a report of a handled stream issue. So not an "error" per se but a problem in the stream that was dealt with. How it will get handled??? There will be a slight "gap" in the video and audio of the stream. There is no way around that. When a DTV stream resets like that there is actually missing data. I can do nothing about that. Nothing anyone can do. Missing data is just that... not there.

Now 99% of the time DTV in an attempt to be nice to us etc... puts that in a commercial. So if you cut the commercials more often than not it gets removed and is a non-issue.

Long term, it is something I, and many others, have just gotten use to. The price we pay for the quality of the streams we can get.

To be clear:
    1- It will not affect the A/V lip-sync of the stream during playback.

2- The "glitch" in playback will be at most 1 GOP long. Depending on what data got lost, i.e. an I-Frame or a P-Frame there will be corruption carried through thanks to MPEG-2 prediction model until the next I-Frame.

3- If you use other tools on the stream post TyTool processing odds are you going to have problems. They tend to ignore a bit too much information and sync becomes... problematic.

Hope this helps fill in the gaps a bit.
    --jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by rob2k1
    I have an Alienware machine that has the Asus A8n-SLI Deluxe MB with X2-4800, 2 GIG ram , and NEC ND-3520A burner. I recently rebuilt it with Asus drivers WinXP sp2 with latest patches, and Nero 7, and I haven't had any problems with burned DVD's. I'll be happy to try helping.
    Feel free to put in a box and ship it too me...

There are a few differences there. The WinXP being the one that jumps out at me most...

As I posted a few minutes ago I had to turn on the XBox compatibility. Did you do that with Nero7?

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by Fugg
    What firmware is on your 3550a? It looks like they shipped w/1.04... 1.05 is the latest official release.
    Mine was ordered 3 days ago, came Friday and had 1.05 already on it. So I have not altered the firmware because... well.... it was the latest. And honestly I thought adding a hacked firmware to the mix at this point might just finish my sanity off completely. What little there is left of it...

pre-requisite silly questions:
    dma enabled on the ide channel?
    different media?
    Shaking a chicken bone and a feather over it while burning?
    DMA was on, I tried it off, I tried it back on again after that.
    I have tried 5 different kinds of media. 2 brands and speeds of DVD RW (one plus and one dash), a teon DVD-R, and a Ritek DVD-R.
    Forgot the chicken bone. Crap. That was probably it...

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Get thee to Staples or Staples.com and buy one of the I/O Magic burners that are $20 after rebates. Odds are it's a Lite-On drive. Methinks you've "spent" far more value in time on this than the cost of replacement hardware.
    Now come on Fred... I had just bought that NEC 3550a that you had recommended... But to be honest I had come to the same conclusion myself and had planned to do just that tomorrow if I couldn't make it work.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    How many of you guys have to have that setting on, or have it on still, and how many have it off. It would be interesting, IMHO, to see what the counts were.
    --jdiner
    In the past I had to have that option turned on to make good DVDs, I was finaly able to figure out why it was needed. The media that I was using was 8x but the DVD burner was burining it at 12x, somehow the x-box switch option made the DVDs good, without it only the burner could read them.

I have not read all of your emails in great detail but have you tried a different brand of blank DVD?

That is a report of a handled stream issue. So not an "error" per se but a problem in the stream that was dealt with. How it will get handled??? There will be a slight "gap" in the video and audio of the stream. There is no way around that. When a DTV stream resets like that there is actually missing data. I can do nothing about that. Nothing anyone can do. Missing data is just that... not there.

Now 99% of the time DTV in an attempt to be nice to us etc... puts that in a commercial. So if you cut the commercials more often than not it gets removed and is a non-issue.

Long term, it is something I, and many others, have just gotten use to. The price we pay for the quality of the streams we can get.

To be clear:
    1- It will not affect the A/V lip-sync of the stream during playback.

2- The "glitch" in playback will be at most 1 GOP long. Depending on what data got lost, i.e. an I-Frame or a P-Frame there will be corruption carried through thanks to MPEG-2 prediction model until the next I-Frame.

3- If you use other tools on the stream post TyTool processing odds are you going to have problems. They tend to ignore a bit too much information and sync becomes... problematic.

Hope this helps fill in the gaps a bit.
    --jdiner
    Thanks that help a LOT

Feel free to put in a box and ship it too me...

There are a few differences there. The WinXP being the one that jumps out at me most...

As I posted a few minutes ago I had to turn on the XBox compatibility. Did you do that with Nero7?

--jdiner
    I've been using Nero express, and have never even seen the xbox compatibility option. Maybe the media used has something to do with it. I am still using 4X FujiFilm disk I bought over a year ago and burning at 8X.

Robbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    In the past I had to have that option turned on to make good DVDs, I was finaly able to figure out why it was needed. The media that I was using was 8x but the DVD burner was burining it at 12x, somehow the x-box switch option made the DVDs good, without it only the burner could read them.

I have not read all of your emails in great detail but have you tried a different brand of blank DVD?
    Brings up a good point I meant to ask about. Did you ever try limiting your burn speed to the rated speed for the DVDs instead of letting the burner set the speed?

ew

Brings up a good point I meant to ask about. Did you ever try limiting your burn speed to the rated speed for the DVDs instead of letting the burner set the speed?
    I was going to suggest the same...or, for that matter, burning slower than the rated speed. I've seen certain batches of media that, on certain drives only, required me to throttle the speed back for successful burning. No rhyme or reason that I could determine.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

I never manually limited it but it was reporting 8x as the speed for the 8x media that I was using. I never tried burning slower, i.e. 4x or 1x or anything, to be honest it never occured to me to try going slower like that.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    I was going to suggest the same...or, for that matter, burning slower than the rated speed. I've seen certain batches of media that, on certain drives only, required me to throttle the speed back for successful burning. No rhyme or reason that I could determine.
    Hummm. I can see that now that it has been mentioned but... both were pioneer drives, the same spindle of media was in use in both, I just expected it to work pretty much the same. I will try a 4x burn of the test when I get home from work.

--jdiner

Josh, you didn't by chance play a Sony CD on your system, did you?

http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/200...al-rights.html

Disable with a felt-tip pen: http://www.usatoday.com/money/tech/2...pyproof-cd.htm

Quote Originally Posted by artships
    Josh, you didn't by chance play a Sony CD on your system, did you?
    I did not. I do not buy much in the way of music CDs... I listen to my MP3s from my older CDs and I listen to the radio. I have had probably 40 total Music CDs in my whole life.

Of course I have over 1000 DVDs that I have made so it all balances out in the grand scheme of things...

--jdiner