Page 17 of 84 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    So it got me thinking... How many of you guys have to have that setting on, or have it on still, and how many have it off. It would be interesting, IMHO, to see what the counts were.
    For my tytool DVDs to work on my Sony DVD player (DVP-S725D) I have to use "Vob-mux new format", and turn Xbox compatibility on (in addition to your recommended Nero settings of UDF/ISO, UDF1.02 etc). Nothing else results in a working DVD. Actually in my version of Nero it's called "Force DVD-Video compatibility mode (required for Xbox)" so perhaps it is something to do with the ordering of the files? When the burn starts Nero reports "DVD-Video files sorted" - I am guessing it is physically putting the VIDEO_TS folder first on the disc and the files in the right places as required by the dvd spec.

I'd love to know what the option actually does, though - tried a few searches earlier but other than Xbox forums around the net telling people to tick the box, I couldn't find much!

Quote Originally Posted by rob2k1
    I've been using Nero express, and have never even seen the xbox compatibility option. Maybe the media used has something to do with it.
    It's an option in Nero Burning ROM, and it is not provided in Nero Express. Nor is the ability to burn a UDF/ISO disc! I couldn't stop Nero Express from re-encoding tytool DVD images when I used it (it only lets you use pure DVD-Video, and doesn't like tytool's finished DVD images), which defeats the point of using tytool somewhat!

I did not. I do not buy much in the way of music CDs... I listen to my MP3s from my older CDs and I listen to the radio. I have had probably 40 total Music CDs in my whole life.

Of course I have over 1000 DVDs that I have made so it all balances out in the grand scheme of things...

--jdiner
    What about store-bought/rented DVDs? I'm guessing that SONY might be as likely to put copy protection on the DVDs as they are to put it on CDs.....

ew

Quote Originally Posted by mrdizzy
    It's an option in Nero Burning ROM, and it is not provided in Nero Express. Nor is the ability to burn a UDF/ISO disc! I couldn't stop Nero Express from re-encoding tytool DVD images when I used it (it only lets you use pure DVD-Video, and doesn't like tytool's finished DVD images), which defeats the point of using tytool somewhat!
    My Nero Express doesn't force a reencode. It just warns me that it detected Video, and that it may not work when burned as a data disk, but no problems in most of my players. The one player I own that I have had a problem with will see DVD+RW, but not DVD+R.

Robbie

Using the version of Nero Express I have I choose Burn DVD-Video files (from StartSmart). Then I add the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders and burn (sometimes I change the default name). Haven't had any problems and I can play the DVDs in my Sony changer. The version is 6.6.0.5--haven't upgraded to 7.x.x.x yet.

ew

Or at least until now. With all of those things replaced I tried one last thing. Turning on XBox compatibility on this HT/dual machine. And it works. I am not burning "correctly". But I haven't needed that option in a very very long time. I checked my other machine with the slower burner and it does not have it on but has been working this whole time. Makes me wonder if it would have worked had I done that before I worked this machine over so thoroughly...

So it got me thinking... How many of you guys have to have that setting on, or have it on still, and how many have it off. It would be interesting, IMHO, to see what the counts were.

--jdiner
    Just thought I would chime in with my results though it seems like you have it figured out. . .

This weekend I bought the Pioneer DVR110 DVD+RW drive to upgrade write speed. I found that Nero 5.x would not recognize it. I downloaded Nero 7.0.5.4 and, through a couple of coasters, confirmed that it does not work with TyTool 10r4 generated images the same as Nero 5.x I had tried using UDF/ISO mode with UDF set to 1.02 like I did before, but it did not work with Nero 7.0.5.4. This is true of the new drive and my old drive. By enabling the X-box compatibility mode in 7.0.5.4, I have burned discs that worked just like before.

hey just wanted to say that tytool was in a screen shot for an article i ran into:

http://www.hdbeat.com/2006/02/20/how...ng-on-your-pc/

and engadget wrote a piece on that^^ article:
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/20/h...nt-on-your-pc/

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind
    What about store-bought/rented DVDs? I'm guessing that SONY might be as likely to put copy protection on the DVDs as they are to put it on CDs.....
    An interesting thought but nope. I work on those machines. So I don't use software like that on them. I have one machine I do put other disks into but that one isn't even on the network with the rest of them. It is infact at the moment in the closet.

--jdiner

I have an hd10-250 and am using an FA120 to a WET11 (wireless-b) bridge which then travels to my b router...I am getting around .48 for a download speed...even though I am using a usb 2.0 adapter does the wireless component slow things down that much? Is this what I should expect?
    Directivo HDVR2 (120gb) Hacked to 6.2 with HMO, TivoWebPlus

Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17
    I have an hd10-250 and am using an FA120 to a WET11 (wireless-b) bridge which then travels to my b router...I am getting around .48 for a download speed...even though I am using a usb 2.0 adapter does the wireless component slow things down that much? Is this what I should expect?
    Run a search. This question, and many similar questions dealing with wireless speeds, have been asked and answer.

--jdiner

Run a search. This question, and many similar questions dealing with wireless speeds, have been asked and answer.

--jdiner
    Sorry...I know about wireless speeds in general but I thought part of the problem was that most wireless adapters that work with D*Tivos are USB 1.1...I thought that was part of the reason for the slowdown...I thought maybe since I have a USB 2.0 adapter connected to the Tivo, it would be able to pass more data on to the bridge...I guess I was wrong...wireless-b is a bigger bottleneck than USB 1.1
    Directivo HDVR2 (120gb) Hacked to 6.2 with HMO, TivoWebPlus

USB 1.1 is 12 Mbps (theoretical), but 802.11b (wireless-b) is even slower at 11Mbps (theoretical).
    -- gfb107

DVD Burner

Yeah. It is still under warantee. I got it fron NewEgg IIRC.

I think I will just order a new one of the NECs that you guys all seem to like and then see what I can do about getting this one fixed or replaced. Such a shame. Before this I would have, and have on many occasions, recommend Pioneer drives whole heartedly. After this I am just not sure I can.
    It could of course easily just be the one drive you got which is bad, not the entire line of drives. I have had good luck with Pioneer drives myself, although I have never bought a Pioneer DVD R drive. I've had a couple of nice Sony drives, although at least one of those would not write DVD+R media which could be read by any of my DVD players - including a Sony.

I do like the drive I got recently. It's a Lite-On SHW-16HSS. It's fast, it handles DVD+R DL (and supposedly DVD-R DL) and Lightscribe discs, and I haven't found a DVD settop player which won't play its burns.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

XBox Compatibility

I rcently dumped Creator 6 in favor of Nero 6, and it would not burn a proper disc unless I set X-Box compatibility.

MTU Bug

Josh and Jamie,

Back in the 10r1 thread I posted a report the transfers from theTiVo when the MTU is set to 1300 are dradfully slow in double-socket mode. Jamie asked me to verify the same is true if the transfer is across a direct cable from the TiVo to the PC. Until now I was not in a position to check, but I recently moved my TiVo and was able to do the test, not only with a direct cable but also witth a brand new machine. It is confirmed. Even going direct to the TiVo or from a brand new Asus machine (direct or not), the double socket mode slows to a crawl (under .8MBps) if the VPN software is allowed to set the MTU to 1300. Setting the MTU back to 1500 causes the speed in double socket mode to jump to over 2.6MBps on this Philips Series I TiVo. With an MTU of 1300, single socket mode works much better than double socket (about 1.8MBps).

All three PCs have Gigabit Ethernet interfaces (one embedded on the Asus MB, the second made by Zyxel, and the other made by Linksys). The Philips Series I has a Cachecard with 512M of memory and a 120G hard drive.