Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Interesting. I will have to give that a try. Way back when all of this was starting out things had to be IFO/UDP 1.02 or playback was basically not possible. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that but I kind of am...

--jdiner

Exclamation Found a bug (actually a typo)

Just thought you might want to squish a small, simple typo.

Shouldn't the attached dialog box read "Please check your settings and try again." instead?

(FYI, it is from trying to start tserver from within the application.)

Edit:

Also, found this little piece in the "Help|Getting Started" dialog box:

6- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! YOU MUST PUT THE tserver EXECTUABLE ONTO THE TIVO. THIS
    IS THE TyTool SERVER AND MUST BE TRANSFERED ALONG WITH THE NowShowing.tcl FILE
    IN BINARY MODE.
    ...might want to change that since we no longer need the NowShowing.tcl file.

I'll let you know if I find any more.

Thanks again for such a great piece of software. I am glad to see that it is back in development again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ellipse; 02-25-2006 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    I would like to see it. I have an app ready for release that does the auto-downloading but I never thought about extending it to do the rest of that... Pretty cool stuff.

My goal isn't to replace the scripts of the scripting kings out there. But just to make things simple for the non-scripting kings. People like myself.

--jdiner
    Posted it in a new thread

hey, its a lazy day

Listen,
    it's been raining all day.
    So I am doing up a dvd.

I have a coupla' dvdauthor menu template (.tmp) files which I made for general use (2-one hour episodes.tmp, etc.)

So, I come up with this really cool dvdauthor menu for John Doe, and I want to save it 'cause its the cat's meow.

Durn. There is no "save menu" button or item.

It's unfair, it's raining, it's my birthday, thereaintnojustice.

I want to speak to management.
    TiVo Phillips HDR 212 Series 1 SA / v3.0 / 120 hr basic / Turbonet / Linksys / Athlon / XP
    TiVo to DVD: Hack bitrate to 720x480 resolution/ tytools (transcode #5) / nero 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by hepsnark
    Listen,
    it's been raining all day.
    So I am doing up a dvd.

I have a coupla' dvdauthor menu template (.tmp) files which I made for general use (2-one hour episodes.tmp, etc.)

So, I come up with this really cool dvdauthor menu for John Doe, and I want to save it 'cause its the cat's meow.

Durn. There is no "save menu" button or item.

It's unfair, it's raining, it's my birthday, thereaintnojustice.

I want to speak to management.
    "Management speaking... Ummm hummm. Yes. Yes. Ok. No. Right. Well alrighty then... Bye".

The load and save feature will be going back in sometime soon. I keep saying that but I had to rebuild the OS one more time last night on my dev machine. But looks this time like it all went right. I was faced with the problem of having the debugger not work on that machine under XP64. That was a major problem given the sheer amount of time I spend working in that tool.

So save your ideas for the menu and soon, very soon infact, you will be able to archive them for posterity.

--jdiner

Interesting. I will have to give that a try. Way back when all of this was starting out things had to be IFO/UDP 1.02 or playback was basically not possible. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that but I kind of am...

--jdiner

I too have always used dvd video mode (with nero 5.? and tytool 7r? originally, nero 6 with recent versions of tytool) and it has always worked well (without recoding).
    asicguyca

hr10-250 - (unhacked as yet)
    HDVR2 - 120GB (hacked w/ sleeper's scripts v 1.02)
    pc - p4, 3.0GHz, 1GB, winXP Pro w/SP2 + others
    Sony DRU-500A, Toshiba SD-R5372, Emprex

Alright. Just a heads up there will be new stuff coming this weekend. So expect a new release.

I had a few things I wanted to try and do next. But they are big enough and will take long enough that I want to get this current stuff out.

Most of this is more small fixes. There are a few things that just didn't work anymore. I was going through testing features and for me "get parts" wasn't working at all anymore. I fixed the typo's that had been posted here recently. I got vsplit caught up with the latest stuff.

I have a few more small things I want to look at before the release but my target time is mid-day tomorrow. So if there is something small that you have really wanted to see post it. I will see if it is quick enough to get in for this current release.

--jdiner

Josh, excellent news, thanks.

One thing that was put forward previously and may have been done and lost with your probems was naming format of the date to allow more flexibility than mm-dd-yy. Allowing yy-mm-dd or dd-mm-yy would be very handy.

Thanks
    Mike

......So if there is something small that you have really wanted to see post it. I will see if it is quick enough to get in for this current release.

--jdiner
    OK, here's one for ya...........

When creating DVD files, you have "Files to Process:" with a meter to tell how much space is available on the DVD. Now with the availability of DVD-DL, how about a setting for the double layer DVD's?

Thanks

Kent
    2 RCA DVR39 - 209hrs & 35hrs
    Hacks - Bash, Telnet, Mfs_Ftp, TivoWebPlus, USB 2.0
    6.2a, superpatch for HMO/MRV

The two things I'd like to see "reappear" are the fixes for overflow audio holes (backwards references, IIRC) and multiple timer resets in the stream.

"Cosmetic" would be to make the patch AC3 audio holes setting sticky and a "remove" button for the file naming configuration.

After that, multiple page menus, colored text, etc.

Oh...I almost forgot...the most important thing is the retroactive recording patch for missed shows.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by mike0151
    Josh, excellent news, thanks.

One thing that was put forward previously and may have been done and lost with your probems was naming format of the date to allow more flexibility than mm-dd-yy. Allowing yy-mm-dd or dd-mm-yy would be very handy.
    Actually I made the order of the elements selectable but I didn't do anything about changing the format of the string. I think I can get that one in place for tomorrow.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by khig
    OK, here's one for ya...........

When creating DVD files, you have "Files to Process:" with a meter to tell how much space is available on the DVD. Now with the availability of DVD-DL, how about a setting for the double layer DVD's?
    Hummm. I had never thought of that. I don't have any DL media to test it with. I will have to see if I can get one tonight and see what I can do with it. Anyone know what the actual available byte count on a DL disk is? Since TyTool is not a burning programming it is not aware of what type of disk is in the burner. But it could be done with a simple selection option just for the use feedback of the process.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    a "remove" button for the file naming configuration.
    I don't know what that means.

EDIT: Oh did you mean a way to put it back from the USE list on the right back to the available list on the left? Just double click it. I didn't put in a button because I was out of room on the display. That pane was kept small on purpose. It should be made clear in some way I guess I am just not sure how. I could make the buttons smaller but when I tested that before it just made it look cluttered...

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 03-03-2006 at 05:04 PM.

Anyone know what the actual available byte count on a DL disk is?
    DVD Decrypter reports the following for a DVD+R DL Disc:

Code:
    _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A 2.81 (ATA)
    Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:
    Erasable: No
    Free Sectors: 4,173,824
    Free Space: 8,547,991,552 bytes
    Free Time: 927:32:74 (MM:SS:FF)
    Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x

DVD+R DL Boundary Information:
    L0 Data Zone Capacity: 2,086,912
    Changeable: Yes

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
    Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01
    Book Type: DVD+R DL
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 2
    Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
    Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519
    5 Series 2 DTivos: upgraded to 120GB, 6.2, SuperPatched, tserver, mfs_ftp, tivowebplus, endpadplus, bufferhack, MRV, HMO
    1 HR10-250: upgraded to 400GB, tserver, mfs_ftp, tivowebplus, endpadplus, bufferhack
    2 R15s: Just playing
    2 R10's PROMs in house but not installed yet (sitting on the bench)
    JAVAHMO Server 2.4/EtiVo Server 1.0.1924.2

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Oh...I almost forgot...the most important thing is the retroactive recording patch for missed shows.
    If you use that to retrieve something from the History channel, will it make you go back in time?
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.