Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by myself62
    So, let's see, I changed settings I shouldn't have. I am using a "lossy" transfer method, and the final dvd's look great everywhere I've played them. That makes me like this program even more! lol.
    Just to clarify: the transfers are not lossy at all. The only time loss occurs is at edit points where TyTool has to re-encode just the teeny bits on either side of the cut. So the setting affects cut points, but naught else.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

thanks for the reply

I will take a look at the documentation in the tytool10r4 release to get the install info I'm assmuing the it's in one of the release notes. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Uh yeah. Have been for what? 2 years now.... I would have to go back and look but it has been a very very long time.

--jdiner

o.k. I think I'm clear on this. Tystream and multiplex transfer at the same quality. The quality setting in the .ini file only affects the re-encoding at the cut points set in tytools (which would explain why I never saw a difference in quality, as i've been using videoredo for my editing and saving as .vob's). I'm going to try 10r4 tonight and see if my problem with tystream method diappears in the newest release. After that it's time to try using pgcedit to make the dvd's chain play. This is fun stuff!
    Thanks again.
    Rob

Couldn't find this mentioned in the previous threads.

Does anyone get this message during the Make IFO process:

"WARN: GOP is not closed on cell boundary: ##"

where ## is a number. I never saw this before in the IFO window. Does this mean there are errors, or is there nothing to worry about?

Thos.

"WARN: GOP is not closed on cell boundary: ##"

yep,
    i had the same problem.
    went back to 9r18 and made key files and Gopped using that version.
    no error message.
    TiVo Phillips HDR 212 Series 1 SA / v3.0 / 120 hr basic / Turbonet / Linksys / Athlon / XP
    TiVo to DVD: Hack bitrate to 720x480 resolution/ tytools (transcode #5) / nero 5.3

That is of course NOT what that flag does. You always have MPEG-2 data. That being the only thing that will come off of tivo. Of any flavour.

The flag you change manually lowers the quality of the re-encoded piece right around a but. Set at 1 on true INTEL CPUs the re-encoded segment suffers from overflow issues and becomes extremely blocky and grainy. (The re-encoding takes place only right around a FAE cut.) At 2 the quality is visually lower but it works on both AMD and INTEL CPUs.

--jdiner

I know I've read that in the past but I don't think its been stated nearly as clearly as you just did. Thanks. I am going to redo some DVDs and see if some of the blockiness at some FAE cuts that I make go away.
    SD-DVR40/160GB/4.0.1b/superpatch/usb2/tytool/ms_ftp/tivowebplus
    HR10-250 (stock) as of 12-9-05
    HR10-250/superpatch/usb2/tserver/tivoweb
    DirecTivo R10 (stock)
    "Test drive"60GB/6.2/superpatch/usb2/tytool/hmo/extracted scrambled shows with kernel & tools found here.

94Supra formerly TT now one T

Quote Originally Posted by myself62
    o.k. I think I'm clear on this. Tystream and multiplex transfer at the same quality.
    TyTool is first and foremost a formatting tool. It takes the data from the odd and extremely custom TIVO format and turns it into a "Program Stream" formatted file. This is not re-encoding nor is it altering the video stream. It is repackaging the data. Think shoe boxes versus U-Haul moving boxes. Different size package same exact contents.

The quality setting affects less than 1% of the file. The FAE cuts are the only re-encoded data. There is quality loss there. There has to be. MPEG-2 is a lossy codec. Every edit degrades some amount. Bad encoders degrade more than good encoders. They key is can you see it/notice it? Or is it smooth enough to make the transitions to and from commercials non jarring.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by hepsnark
    yep,
    i had the same problem.
    went back to 9r18 and made key files and Gopped using that version.
    no error message.
    And of course you read what that warning actualy means right?

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by 94SupraTT
    I know I've read that in the past but I don't think its been stated nearly as clearly as you just did. Thanks. I am going to redo some DVDs and see if some of the blockiness at some FAE cuts that I make go away.
    If you have an INTEL cpu and use quality 1 it is terrible. I have planned for some time to put a real check into the system but it is something that is set once usually and then just used.

--jdiner

Error with large HD files

When I select a large HD file (~17GB) to download I get the following:

Name = '1721526/1721533'
    fsIDs = '1721356/1721359/1721362/1721366/1721371/1721373/1721375/1721377/1721380/1721384/1721401/1721408/1721410/1721412/1721414/1721419/1721427/1721434/1721440/1721449/1721472/1721473/1721475/1721479/1721480/1721495/1721496/1721498/1721516/1721517/1721518/1721525/1721526/1721533'
    Tivo Address = '192.168.0.212'
    Connected...
    Could not open an output file!
    When I select a smaller file (~2GB) it works just fine.

I didn't have this problem with version 9. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wrasp
    When I select a large HD file (~17GB) to download I get the following:

Name = '1721526/1721533'
    fsIDs = '1721356/1721359/1721362/1721366/1721371/1721373/1721'
    Tivo Address = '192.168.0.212'
    Connected...
    Could not open an output file!
    When I select a smaller file (~2GB) it works just fine.

I didn't have this problem with version 9. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    I would guess that your hard drive is FAT32. It would have to be NTFS (or anything that supports file sizes that large). FAT32 only supports 2 GB max.

This is really odd

OK, I should know better than to try three simultaneous upgrades, but I'm getting some really weird results when I try creating a DVD with TyTool 10r3 (I know, but I want to get this resolved before I upgrade again) and Nero 6.6.0.17. I haven't used Nero before, so it could be something I am doing wrong there.

I was using Easy Creator 6, but it doesn't have support for DL discs or Lightscribe. I just bought a new Liteon DL Lightscribe drive, and it came with Nero 6, so I removed Creator (with which I wasn't overly thrilled any way) and installed Nero and the new version of PowerDVD which came with the drive. My DVD players do not like DVD+R media, but I wanted to try DVD+R DL, so I downloaded a copy of Nell from the TiVo, VOB Muxed it and created an IFO set using 10r3. I burned the resulting 5G file to a DL disc and tried to play it in the players. Unlike the other DVD+R media I have tried (or with the other drives), this played, but it played at about 2X normal speed, with corresponding chipmunk audio. Well, that was better than before, but still not good. The DVD played under the new PowerDVD, but with a very noticable audio sync displacement (the audio is almost a full second AHEAD of the video). So I tried applying Nero Recode to the fileset and then burning to a single layer DVD. Lo and behold, I get the same results!

Is anyone out there using Nero 6 with TyTool? When I went to burn the DVD as a data disc (like I did with Creator), Nero said the disc would not be compatible with most DVD players, so on its advice I started a new project using the DVD Video option and burned that way. Should I ignore the warning and burn as a data disc anyway? Should I select a UDF DVD-ROM?

As I type this I am trying to mux and rebuild the fileset using 9r18 to see if that makes a difference, but Nero has quite a few options amd I don't want to waste too many more DVDs.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer
    OK, I should know better than to try three simultaneous upgrades, but I'm getting some really weird results when I try creating a DVD with TyTool 10r3 (I know, but I want to get this resolved before I upgrade again) and Nero 6.6.0.17. I haven't used Nero before, so it could be something I am doing wrong there.

I was using Easy Creator 6, but it doesn't have support for DL discs or Lightscribe. I just bought a new Liteon DL Lightscribe drive, and it came with Nero 6, so I removed Creator (with which I wasn't overly thrilled any way) and installed Nero and the new version of PowerDVD which came with the drive. My DVD players do not like DVD+R media, but I wanted to try DVD+R DL, so I downloaded a copy of Nell from the TiVo, VOB Muxed it and created an IFO set using 10r3. I burned the resulting 5G file to a DL disc and tried to play it in the players. Unlike the other DVD+R media I have tried (or with the other drives), this played, but it played at about 2X normal speed, with corresponding chipmunk audio. Well, that was better than before, but still not good. The DVD played under the new PowerDVD, but with a very noticable audio sync displacement (the audio is almost a full second AHEAD of the video). So I tried applying Nero Recode to the fileset and then burning to a single layer DVD. Lo and behold, I get the same results!

Is anyone out there using Nero 6 with TyTool? When I went to burn the DVD as a data disc (like I did with Creator), Nero said the disc would not be compatible with most DVD players, so on its advice I started a new project using the DVD Video option and burned that way. Should I ignore the warning and burn as a data disc anyway? Should I select a UDF DVD-ROM?

As I type this I am trying to mux and rebuild the fileset using 9r18 to see if that makes a difference, but Nero has quite a few options amd I don't want to waste too many more DVDs.
    I use DVDShrink 3.2.0.15 to burn to Nero. (I believe it does DVD9)
    Nero 6's most recent is 6.6.0.18, I've mored on to 7.0.1.4b.

But before you do that...
    Does the ty file play right? http://sourceforge.net/projects/tyshow/
    TyTool's VIDEO_TS folder it makes does PowerDVD play it right before you burn it?

And of course you read what that warning actualy means right?

--jdiner
    jdiner,

I was the one who originally asked the question. I think TyTool is fantasitc, and didn't mean to step on any toes. Just wondering if the error message is indicative of an error or missed step on my part...

Thos.

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer
    ... installed Nero and the new version of PowerDVD which came with the drive.
    I had issues playing extracted programs on newer versions of PowerDVD (I have PowerDVD DX 5.1) and with nvDVD 1.70.00 (??)

If you want a good, free DVD/media player, I've had great luck with VLC for Win32 (VideoLAN Client - http://www.videolan.org/ ) and it plays the VOB files and Nero 6.6 burned DVD's from TyTool just fine. BTW, I've used both the DVD-Video and UDF DVD-ROM with the XBox compatible option checked to create DVDs with Nero and VLC plays both without issues.

I'd recommend downloading VLC and try playing the VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder and see if everything is OK. It should be. I'd also recommend burning to RW media to test first. That way you're not wasting media
    Last edited by djflux; 01-12-2006 at 09:19 AM.