Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by firemunky
    My brother's S1 is giving me fits. he can't get tserver started anymore which was working fine for a long time. so i uploaded the new tserver in binary via ftp and chmod 777 it. i can do a ls -l and all permissions are correct RWX

I have uploaded tserver file from ver 10 serveral times and from various ver 9 sets, but every time i try to start i get 'cannot execute binary file'
    usually wouldn't that be a corrupt file, but after many upoad tries and carefully checking binary mode with both Smartftp and using DOS ftp commands I don't see how the file can be put badly. if i try to execute tserver without chmod i get the expected no permissions.

what could i be missing?

It seems to me that it can be one of two things. Are both files the same size before u upload and after? Have you unchecked the CRLF option in winzip (not sure if it matters for binaries but it is good practice)

HD Audio

I'm returning to the forum after a long time away...

I have an HR10-250, and an AVeLlink. I know that there's a known issue with HD audio, but I have the problem 100% of the time. This makes me think that there's something else going on. Neither the AVeLlink, WinDVD, nor GSpot see any audio in the VOB or MPG output files from HD .tys. SD is fine.

Is there some switch somewhere that I've missed?

Otherwise, I anxiously await 10r5.

-Zandr

35 Audio Issues w/ HD Content from HR10-250...

I extracted 18 Lost HD shows from my HR10-250 with TT10r4 and converted to .mpg. All play *video* fine in any tool I use such as WMP, Winamp, or VLC. However, about half of them have no sound when played on WMP or Winamp. When played on VLC, there's *is* sound, though.

When I play the ones that *do* have sound on WMP and Winamp using VLC, there is no sound when it starts up. I have to go to Audio->AudioTrack->Track2 (Track 1 is selected by default), and then there is sound.

Also interesting is on the no-audio-in WMP/Winamp shows, on VLC there are lots of other options under the Audio menu (Audio Device, EQ, etc.), where as on the does-have-audio in WMP/Winap show, on VLC there is only the single option under the Audio pull down that selects the track.

American Idol has this problem, The Office doesn't. I just can't seem to figure out what the difference is.

Thanks for the help,

Matt

Do you have an AC3 codec installed?
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

You should try something like GSpot to see what audio and video codecs a given file is trying to use.

What's so weird, though, is that some of the Lost shows are one way and the rest are the other way. Shouldn't they all be the same? I tried doing that jump n-number of chunks thing to skip over the first part, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

I also have a Sound Blaster 2ZS sound card installed with the latest drivers.

So I'm guessing that no one else is having this problem then?

Matt
    I installed the TyShow plug in for WMP and downloaded a few of the .ty versions of some Lost show. Some that worked (had sound in WMP) using TyTool to convert to .mpg, some that didn't (no sound in WMP). Oddly, the .ty version seem to play fine and include sound when the .mpg version didn't.

One thing I noticed is that on shows WITH audio in WMP (7 shows), most (but not all) were detected as having "MPEG Layer II" audio. Two, however, were detected as having "Dolby Digital 5.1".

Of the shows that don't have audio in WMP (9 shows), all were detected as having "Dolby Digital 5.1".

Wouldn't seem that if WMP is playing the show fine in .ty mode, its got the right codecs installed?

I tried some older version of TyTool (9.x) and had the same exact issue.

Help!

Matt
    Last edited by Matt Dralle; 04-03-2006 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narf54321
    You should try something like GSpot to see what audio and video codecs a given file is trying to use.
    GSpot doesn't seem to know how to read .mpg files. I can click on the "render" button and it reads it and indicates the following:

Video Path:
    (S) --> Ligos MPEG Splitter --> Ligos MPEG Video Decoder --> Overlay Mixer2 -- (R)
    Audio Path:
    <nothing - windows is blank>

I get the same exact result on either kind of Lost show (with WMP audio or no WMP audio).

Matt

Nero 7 Settings that work for me

Thought I should post a quick note on the settings that I am using for Nero 7 that burns DVDs that work on all of my players.

I am using Tytools 10r4 for video extraction from a Series 2 Dtivo. I create the IFO files per the default settings in Tytools.

Nero 7 Settings
    In Nero, I select “Nero Burning ROM” from the applications menu.
    Select “DVD-Video” from the left side menu
    Accept all default settings and click “new”
    Drag the “Video_ts” folder from the file browser in Nero to the DVD window
    Click burn and enjoy your DVD

I can put about five hours on a single layer DVD-R

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dralle
    I installed the TyShow plug in for WMP and downloaded a few of the .ty versions of some Lost show. Some that worked (had sound in WMP) using TyTool to convert to .mpg, some that didn't (no sound in WMP). Oddly, the .ty version seem to play fine and include sound when the .mpg version didn't.
    One thing I noticed is that on shows WITH audio in WMP (7 shows), most (but not all) were detected as having "MPEG Layer II" audio. Two were detected as having "Dolby Digital 5.1", though.

Of the shows that DON'T have audio in WMP (9 shows), all were detected as having "Dolby Digital 5.1".

Wouldn't seem that if WMP is playing the show fine in .ty mode, its got the right codecs installed?

I tried some older versions of TyTool (9.x) and had the same exact issue.

Help!

Matt

TyShow just handles the video. You need to have a proper AC3 codec installed as well to decode the DD5.1.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

GSpot doesn't seem to know how to read .mpg files. I can click on the "render" button and it reads it and indicates the following:
    I think you need the latest GSpot BETA found here.

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan
    I think you need the latest GSpot BETA found here.
    Ah, that feels much better. This version of GSpot returns some information for the .mpgs.

I've attached two screen shots from GSpot; one from an mpg that play audio in WMP, and another from a mpg that had no audio in WMP.

Interestingly both claim to have AC3 audio, and that I have codecs installed. The one without the audio, though, seems to have failures. Not sure what all that means. The last line, though indicates that the Audio Render is OK. Other than that, I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

I also installed the "Gordian.Knot.Codec.Pack.1.9.Setup.exe" codec packs, with no changes. After, I reran TyTool to rebuild another mpg on a Lost show that hasn't had audio in WMP, and still nothing. (Audio in VLC, however.)

Interpratations?

Matt

Well, I uninstalled everything that even looked like it might have installed a Codec at some point and then went into the sound control panel and uninstalled all the video and audio codecs there, uninstalled WMP, rebooted, installed WMP 10, installed Nvidia AC3 decoder and now all files play fine.

So, it seems there were some codec conflicts on my system.

Of note, however, is that when WMP starts up on one of the Lost shows, it trys to download a number of codecs and the downloads fail. But, then it starts playing. Is there someplace to find the specific logs about what WMP is trying to get downloaded?

Also, got the winampac3_0_60b.exe plugin for Winamp and now it too plays all of the lost shows fine.

So what's the differnce between some of the shows, I wonder? There must be something in the way they the are being converted by TyTool from ty-to-mpg.

Matt
    Last edited by Matt Dralle; 04-03-2006 at 08:49 PM.

Help - wrong audio, 'ACK' error - what do to?

I upgraded to the new version, forgot to set audio transcoding to 48@192 and burned a pile of DVDs I can't play. Bother. Can anyone give me a clue how to fix the recordings, as I have of course deleted the source I made them from?

I've tried copying the VOBs off and reprocessing them with the setting correct. After a VOB-mux 'new format' I recreate IFO files and burn to DVD as usual. However, the result ends up with video jerky (a big pause every 1/2 second) where it once was smooth, and the lipsync slipped as well - even when the VOBs are played in Windows. The original VOB plays fine with media player.

The first VOB of the set was fine but the second VOB (the first jerky one) showed this error when VOB-muxing:

Final standardAudioDiff = 3240 or 00:00:00.036
    .Q: ACK!!! Got a -1L PTS == == B - (-1) - 13:15:21.858
    ........ 100......... 200......... 300......... 400......... 500

Perhaps that's relevant?

Files are from a UK Series 1 TiVo.

thanks for any comments anyone can make!
    Last edited by rilian; 04-06-2006 at 03:35 AM.

Red face

Anybody heard from JDiner?