Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Nero 6 and TyTool

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer

Is anyone out there using Nero 6 with TyTool? When I went to burn the DVD as a data disc (like I did with Creator), Nero said the disc would not be compatible with most DVD players, so on its advice I started a new project using the DVD Video option and burned that way. Should I ignore the warning and burn as a data disc anyway? Should I select a UDF DVD-ROM?
    I use Nero 6.6.0.8 (haven't patched it recently), and what I do is what I also did under Nero 5. I use the DVD (ISO/UDF) setting (bottom of the list), turn on "Force DVD-Video Compatibility" under the UDF tab, and it works perfectly. I just drag and drop the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders onto the project.

If you use the DVD Video setting in Nero, it will try to re-encode the video to "spec", and that's probably where the problems you're having come from. I only upgraded from Nero 5, because I got a Dual-Layer drive, and Nero 5 didn't support it.

Wabbit

PS: I don't post much, but I've been following these threads, and using Josh's EXCELLENT tool since (I think) TyTool 7r3 or thereabouts.

Tytool Encryption Problem

EDIT*** FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM*****

Looks like it won't decrypt the old shows PRIOR to the upgrade, it works on the new shows just fine

Sorry for the post, but i figured this may help anyone else.

Having an issue with encryption, I believe. Have hacked 4 tivos previously and never run into this problem.

I hacked my 6.2 hdvr2 and everything went fine. I can connect with tytools (had 9r18 and upgraded to 10r4) and bring up the now showing list, but when I try to grab a show i get the "failed to grab first 10 chunks error" followed by the TYSTRM2 error.

Everything I have read indicates its an encryption problem and that superpatch67 decrypts the shows so they can transfer, but for some reason the shows are still decrypted even though i ran superpatch67 and validated that the tivoapp was patched.

Bye the way if i change it from multiplex to tystream mode, it transfers the raw ty file fine - another indication the problem lies in decryption or unscrambling of the shows.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by jed5426; 01-12-2006 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jed5426
    Everything I have read indicates its an encryption problem and that superpatch67 decrypts the shows so they can transfer, but for some reason the shows are still decrypted even though i ran superpatch67 and validated that the tivoapp was patched.
    I'm glad you figured out the problem (older shows before patching remain encrypted). To decrypt the older shows, you'll need to use a de-cryption kernel and something like unscramble.o with a monte setup.

DVD Problems

Quote Originally Posted by JimBliss
    I use DVDShrink 3.2.0.15 to burn to Nero.
    DVDShrink keeps crashing with an exception on various inputs. Since it is unsupported...

More importantly, if you will re-read my post, you will see I did not use Recode on the DL media: there would be no point.

Nero 6's most recent is 6.6.0.18, I've mored on to 7.0.1.4b.
    That would require a purchase. Since 6 is still supported, I see no point.

But before you do that...
    Does the ty file play right?
    Please read my post again.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

jdiner,
    what program /version are you using to burn the dvd ??
    any specific settings aside from the default would be handy.

I would like to stay within tytool for the rest of the process.
    (maybe later that chainplay thing would be nice) but for now getting a working DVD is my goal
    Being that hardware was mentioned earlier in this threadI am using an athalon processor /1g memory if that makes a difference.

Thank you !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thos19
    I was the one who originally asked the question. I think TyTool is fantasitc, and didn't mean to step on any toes. Just wondering if the error message is indicative of an error or missed step on my part...
    My frustration is that I answered what that warning meant no more than a week and a half ago. I get tired of answering the same thing over and over when a simple search in the TyTool threads will turn up the answers.

That message comes because you have a chapter point on a non-closed GOP. But every GOP in a TIVO stream is NOT CLOSED. Further it is just a warning, not an error. By going back to an older version of DVDAuthor all that was accomplished was that the warning isn't printed anymore. The base engine still works in the same way.

--jdiner

Josh,

Is it possible the backwards pointer (?) wrt audio holes capability was lost in your hard drive crash? I just got this error during key creation:

Need to add 1708721 empty audio packets!
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ohfugit
    what program /version are you using to burn the dvd ??
    any specific settings aside from the default would be handy.
    I recently upgraded my DVD Burner, right around Christmas when I put together this new dual core development machine. I used to use 5.5.10.56. I now use 7.0.0.0 as this version came with my AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ CPU as a freebie. It has worked just fine. The key with Nero and other burning tools is to NOT LET THEM ALTER THE DATA. In video DVD mode nero will try to analyze, alter, correct, etc... the data. The results are always crap because of the nature of the data streams. I use UDF 1.02 mode for greatest compatibility with the XBOX compliance turned on. I believe the last simply referes to a minimum on how much data to burn to the disk but I am not certain.

I would like to stay within tytool for the rest of the process.
    (maybe later that chainplay thing would be nice) but for now getting a working DVD is my goal.
    The "chain play" will be back in the next version. I had some pretty nice menu stuff before. I lost more than I can to state with the drive crash. Tests of alterations to things, the finished features in TyTool, shows I had downloaded but yet to archive. Was a really bad day for me.

On the menu stuff I had the following options in place:
    1- No menu at all.
    2- Auto-play first show.
    3- Loading and saving of menus.
    4- Auto-play from 1 show to the next.
    5- Sub-menus.
    6- PAL menus.
    7- multiple menu pages.
    8- Tons of new features around the menu elements on screen including:
    i- Greying out the background BMP around the text, so that it would work on bright background images.
    ii- Black shadow for text so that it would work on a brighter background.
    iii- Buttons for menu page control (multi-page support).
    iv- Intro vob to play before the menu "started".
    9- Major keyboard shortcuts for all of the features on the menu dialog to speed up creation.
    10- Colorized the menu elements.

... and so on. I had redone the whole system basically. My goal for the next release is to get the generation back to 100%. No more jerky play etc... To do that at this point I have to go back over with a fine tooth comb. That is going to take awhile. After that I want to go back to work on the menu creation stuff. I doubt I will get it back to where it was. it was a ton of work and mostly stuff I don't personally care about. But I will get as much in as I can stomache redo'ing at this point.

Being that hardware was mentioned earlier in this threadI am using an athalon processor /1g memory if that makes a difference.
    Yeah. Just stick with a quality setting of 1 as there is no need on that CPU to shift down to 2.

--jdiner

Error with large HD files

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy517
    I would guess that your hard drive is FAT32. It would have to be NTFS (or anything that supports file sizes that large). FAT32 only supports 2 GB max.
    My filesystem is NTFS. The problem seems to be that Tytool is naming the file:

Name = '1721526/1721533'

Which appear to be the last FSIDs that make up the file.

Also, there is plenty of space on the drive. Here is the exact same file under Tytool 9r18:

Name = 'D:\TiVo\downloads\Boxing-O'Neil Bell vs. Jean-Marc Mormeck, Cruiserweights'
    fsIDs = '1721356/1721359/1721362/1721366/1721371/1721373/1721375/1721377/1721380/1721384/1721401/1721408/1721410/1721412/1721414/1721419/1721427/1721434/1721440/1721449/1721472/1721473/1721475/1721479/1721480/1721495/1721496/1721498/1721516/1721517/1721518/1721525/1721526/1721533'
    Tivo Address = '192.168.0.212'
    Connected...

at which point it downloads the file.

There was a reported problem on 10r3 thread if there were more than 32 parts.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...613#post244613

It's not listed on the 10r4 fix list (though Josh doesn't always list everything)

Quote Originally Posted by wrasp
    When I select a large HD file (~17GB) to download I get the following:

I didn't have this problem with version 9. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Actually that problem has been there since the very beginning of TyTool. I made the buffer used to send a get request to the server to small. It was more than enough orginally but HD streams are a beast.

I will fix it soon enough. For right now there is no real work around other than to use the get parts call.

Just realized the new features in Get Parts got lost too. I will have to redo that feature as well.

--jdiner

Is anyone out there using Nero 6 with TyTool? When I went to burn the DVD as a data disc (like I did with Creator), Nero said the disc would not be compatible with most DVD players, so on its advice I started a new project using the DVD Video option and burned that way. Should I ignore the warning and burn as a data disc anyway? Should I select a UDF DVD-ROM?
    Basically their transcoding option is slow, degrades the quality, and will eat you alive when it comes to creating problems in a stream. I am surprised it would try and warn you on a data disk. That is even worse than before.

As I type this I am trying to mux and rebuild the fileset using 9r18 to see if that makes a difference, but Nero has quite a few options amd I don't want to waste too many more DVDs.
    Do not go into video DVD or any video compatibility mode. Do not let it re-encode anything at all. Made a UDF 1.02 disk. My father successfully used various versions of Nero with TyTool for the last year+. He likes to constantly upgrade. I do not but that is personal preference.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jed5426
    EDIT*** FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM*****

Looks like it won't decrypt the old shows PRIOR to the upgrade, it works on the new shows just fine

Sorry for the post, but i figured this may help anyone else.
    TyTool has never done decryption of any kind. That is infact what the FAQ/docs say over at TyTool.com (found in the help menu.... You went and read that stuff right?) They reference directly the defeating of scrambling before ever trying to use TyTool.

If you want things that were recorded scrambling you need some of the other tools that are found here on DealDB to unscramble them. There are no ways to do it. Way way back when there was nothing...

--jdiner

DVDShrink keeps crashing with an exception on various inputs. Since it is unsupported...
    I have also used DVDShrink on TyTool produced IFO filesets. It has always worked 100% for me. I never seen it crash.

I have no idea what is going wrong but I would focus on the software you have first. Nero can be made to work. You made need to upgrade to a newer patch version or downgrade to a slightly older patch version but it does work.

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Is it possible the backwards pointer (?) wrt audio holes capability was lost in your hard drive crash? I just got this error during key creation:

Need to add 1708721 empty audio packets!
    Yeah. Probably. I lost everything else so why not that one too. This whole thing is getting stinking depressing. Feels like nothing works right anymore...

--jdiner