Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by djflux
    I'd recommend downloading VLC and try playing the VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder and see if everything is OK. It should be. I'd also recommend burning to RW media to test first. That way you're not wasting media
    I use VLC too. I find the muxed vobs have wierd timestamps in VLC (ie a 22 min show appears as 9 minutes or so), but after processing through the DVDauthor stage they play "better". It can't always find the Title menu though but you can use the menu options to jump between titles to test everything in the DVD image.

Data space left on TiVo

Hi jdiner,

I love your program and use it a LOT (yes, a paypal contribution will be coming soon). I was hoping that in one of the new releases that you could add a feature that would REALLY make my life simpler. I know on startup TyTool displays the free space available on my PC's drive. That's useful, but I also need to know how much space is left on my TiVo (both drives). Often I don't know what kind of space is left on the TiVo and therefore how soon I need to pull the recordings and burn them to DVD.

With my busy life it would be a great way to take a quick look so I can see if I need to download some things now, or if I have some time left. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    My frustration is that I answered what that warning meant no more than a week and a half ago. I get tired of answering the same thing over and over when a simple search in the TyTool threads will turn up the answers.

That message comes because you have a chapter point on a non-closed GOP. But every GOP in a TIVO stream is NOT CLOSED. Further it is just a warning, not an error. By going back to an older version of DVDAuthor all that was accomplished was that the warning isn't printed anymore. The base engine still works in the same way.

--jdiner
    Unfortunately, I couldn't find it with my search. I do appreciate you answering my question anyways...

Thos.

Quote Originally Posted by FredThompson
    Is it possible the backwards pointer (?) wrt audio holes capability was lost in your hard drive crash? I just got this error during key creation:

Need to add 1708721 empty audio packets!
    --FredThompson

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Yeah. Probably. I lost everything else so why not that one too. This whole thing is getting stinking depressing. Feels like nothing works right anymore...

--jdiner
    Oh Lord, please NO!!! That's the reason I waited months for this build of TyTool. I have seven critical Tystreams that display the "Infinite Holes" (as I call it) error. Now I'm dreading trying them.

Otherwise Josh, great job!

Quote Originally Posted by BustedSony
    Oh Lord, please NO!!! That's the reason I waited months for this build of TyTool. I have seven critical Tystreams that display the "Infinite Holes" (as I call it) error. Now I'm dreading trying them.

Otherwise Josh, great job!
    I've found a way to fix these holes. You dump the stream to punch cards then put masking tape over hole G12 if there are more than 6 of them punched in a row. Be sure to put the tape on both sides of the cards before you run the stacks through the reader or they get a little sticky.

As always, your mileage might vary.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

I've found a way to fix these holes. You dump the stream to punch cards then put masking tape over hole G12 if there are more than 6 of them punched in a row. Be sure to put the tape on both sides of the cards before you run the stacks through the reader or they get a little sticky.
    Punch cards? What are you, 90? Can't this be made to work with paper tape?
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

I suppose you can try paper tape if you're willing to risk a technology which is new and untested.
    Collecting 9/11, Afghan/Iraq, Mail Call, Trains, Cooking, Woodworking, Fighting Illini - Let's chat
    A/V links: neuron2 doom9 VideoHelp DigitalMediaNet CreativeCow DVDShrink PgcEdit Streambox WMRecorder
    other links: SnapFiles NoNags HackADay Engadget Fontleech OfflineExplorerPro TechBargains PriceWatch

I know it's not the norm, but I actually used paper tape and 8" floppy disks before I ever had to punch a deck and submit it. Of course it was all on TTYs and everything was CAPITALIZED.

ew

You youngsters had it so easy. Try threading your own core.

...and that damn Navy woman, always getting in the way...

Brilliant computer scientist was she.. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Since I was top of the class in Fortran and Cobol in High School I'll start feeding the TyStreams to the TTY/Card punching machine in the basement.... I'll get the holes fixed...

Oh don't be a Luddite.

Saw that Navy woman speak once. As BustedSony said, she really was brilliant, but I'm not sure I can wrap my brain around this newfangled C-10 code she's on about.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by lrhorer
    Is anyone out there using Nero 6 with TyTool? When I went to burn the DVD as a data disc (like I did with Creator), Nero said the disc would not be compatible with most DVD players, so on its advice I started a new project using the DVD Video option and burned that way. Should I ignore the warning and burn as a data disc anyway? Should I select a UDF DVD-ROM?
    I tried using Nero 6 and had lousy results. I finally uninstalled it, and now use ImgTool and ImgBurn (both free). ImgTool converts the output files of TyTool into an ISO which ImgBurn then burns to a disk. Since switching, I've had very good results... These products work together so it's not even an extra step. Select the folders and it works...

Also, I use VLC (as mentioned elsewhere here in this thread) to check my files first - seems to work better than PowerDVD did for me.

Nero 6 is pretty foolproof if you follow the instructions. Set the disc type to DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO) at the bottom of the list of DVD types and enable the XBox compatability setting before burning. If you have problems, odd are you didn't follow the directions or you've got a corrupt system.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    Oh don't be a Luddite.

Saw that Navy woman speak once. As BustedSony said, she really was brilliant, but I'm not sure I can wrap my brain around this newfangled C-10 code she's on about.
    Oh, puh-lease!!!

You just think she's cute.

She's a pain in the butt, like that brat who kept talking about setting up a private airline to do overnight deliveries. Sheesh! Like THAT would ever work...

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraQ
    Hi jdiner,

I love your program and use it a LOT (yes, a paypal contribution will be coming soon). I was hoping that in one of the new releases that you could add a feature that would REALLY make my life simpler. I know on startup TyTool displays the free space available on my PC's drive. That's useful, but I also need to know how much space is left on my TiVo (both drives).

Your TiVo is FULL.

Starting with 2.x SW TiVo doesn't actually delete a show until the space is needed - it just marks deleted shows as deleted and removes them from the User Interface.

TiVoWebPlus I think shows free space (aka the space deleted shows take up). If you keep Suggestions turned on you can use them as a gauge of disk space available.